Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 9:25 pm

M wrote:
velvetrose wrote:girls I think you prepare yourself well before going to the interview. my friend went to the final interview on wednesday and she failed because the way she speak is not fluent enough. SIA chose most of the degree holder who can speak better!

Ganbatte as i think nw their interview is more stringent!
i sure hope they did not recruit more bimbos to make my job more difficult. :cool:
It's not the bimbos they recruit man.. it's the bimbos they promote.. wakaka :lol: :lol:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

Oli

Post by Oli » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:46 pm

I feel like giving up le, even though my interview is like 4days away. my face gt pit holes. how to pass? =(

multitasker

i'm new here!!

Post by multitasker » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 2:04 am

did send my application but was on the 9th nov,11.40pm. But i guess i was too late.cos it stated closing date 12th, but they ended up closed early... Furthermore, i'm grad in dec... so... gonna wait for another interview. U guys seems so helpful here in this forum... ^^ so we shall all encourage each another and get our dream come true as a cabin crew... gd luck to those who r goin for the interview on e coming 24 & 25!!!!

btw, anyone did actually send in as late as i was and still been informed for interview?

MauriceChai

Re: i'm new here!!

Post by MauriceChai » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 3:13 am

multitasker wrote:did send my application but was on the 9th nov,11.40pm. But i guess i was too late.cos it stated closing date 12th, but they ended up closed early... Furthermore, i'm grad in dec... so... gonna wait for another interview. U guys seems so helpful here in this forum... ^^ so we shall all encourage each another and get our dream come true as a cabin crew... gd luck to those who r goin for the interview on e coming 24 & 25!!!!

btw, anyone did actually send in as late as i was and still been informed for interview?
Don't be discouraged by it my man! I think they might have stopped
recruitment a lil earlier due to overwhelming response (I hope). Nonetheless
you can still go for the walk-in everyone has been talking about around
december! This time, make sure it's not a last minute thing! (:

And to those who're scheduled for interviews on the 24th and 25th.
We're only 2 days away, all the best! Good luck!

Best of luck!
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 3:16 am

yes... def no more last min thg.. but u see, i'm always so unlucky!!! i've jux book my final theory tt will be on the 12dec, and wad some pp mentioned tt e walk-in will be on 12dec~ DUH?! :???: i dun thk i can chg e date for my final theory, but def i'll go for e walk-in interview. Hopefully e rumor is true... :-|

acceber

Post by acceber » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 8:28 am

after such a long wait, it's good to hear that they start hiring again. be it whether is a small quantity they are hiring. It is still a chance that we must grab hold.

Anybody is going on 25th Nov, 2pm? :)

Good luck to everyone who's going! :D

dreamie10

Post by dreamie10 » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 8:49 am

acceber wrote:after such a long wait, it's good to hear that they start hiring again. be it whether is a small quantity they are hiring. It is still a chance that we must grab hold.

Anybody is going on 25th Nov, 2pm? :)

Good luck to everyone who's going! :D
MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! finally somebody.....can you pm me? i can't do it yet

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:12 am

the main problem ive been reading in here is probably the low self esteem some of the girls have. the issues and flaws they have with themselves can be irritating.

if you really want something, you gotta fight for it especially when it appeals to the masses. do not expect the job opening to be opened for you. and if you have second doubt about it, do not even apply in the first place to deprive others of an opportunity of interview.

this is worse if you do not attend the interview after you have decided to go with your holidays, theories, practical tests and so on and so for.

this job is not really a glamorous one except you get to travel to many cities only in your dream, have a comfortable income, mind you, comfortable. and probably the off days in singapore which you will come to appreciate once you start flying. long term career for woman, is generally a no when you intend to have a family. but never say never if you really love the job. all these are beside the existing working culture we have on-board. :)

if you are writing or reading this forum, i believe you should be matured enough to plan for your own future, least to know what you want in your life. be decisive and work towards it. :cool:

winzy

Question!!!

Post by winzy » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:37 am

Hi, does anyone knows if SIA accept guys who look presentable but unfortunately with acne scars on the face? I have an interview with them on 25th but if this is going to be an issue then I don't want to waste my time.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Question!!!

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:51 am

winzy wrote:Hi, does anyone knows if SIA accept guys who look presentable but unfortunately with acne scars on the face? I have an interview with them on 25th but if this is going to be an issue then I don't want to waste my time.
:???: :???: :???: :???:

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:52 am

M wrote:the main problem ive been reading in here is probably the low self esteem some of the girls have. the issues and flaws they have with themselves can be irritating.

if you really want something, you gotta fight for it especially when it appeals to the masses. do not expect the job opening to be opened for you. and if you have second doubt about it, do not even apply in the first place to deprive others of an opportunity of interview.

this is worse if you do not attend the interview after you have decided to go with your holidays, theories, practical tests and so on and so for.

this job is not really a glamorous one except you get to travel to many cities only in your dream, have a comfortable income, mind you, comfortable. and probably the off days in singapore which you will come to appreciate once you start flying. long term career for woman, is generally a no when you intend to have a family. but never say never if you really love the job. all these are beside the existing working culture we have on-board. :)

if you are writing or reading this forum, i believe you should be matured enough to plan for your own future, least to know what you want in your life. be decisive and work towards it. :cool:
I Agree wad M says. i myself hav scars on the face, and is quite disturb by it, but will make effort to conceal it and do my very best. what matter most is our attitude to this interview. try to work on how to present yourself during rd 1, because that is the killer round. if we don't pass that, we wont even have the chance to try the kebaya. alot of girls have nice skin during the round 1 interview in my grp, but yet they got booted out. so your personality must shine from others.

and during round 2. some questions will be asked by the interviewer, so i believed rd 2 is not mainly base on looks either, if not they wont be spending time asking qns. and try to work on rd 3 too!

jia you everyone! :)
apple

loh loh

Re: Question!!!

Post by loh loh » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:55 am

M wrote:
winzy wrote:Hi, does anyone knows if SIA accept guys who look presentable but unfortunately with acne scars on the face? I have an interview with them on 25th but if this is going to be an issue then I don't want to waste my time.
:???: :???: :???: :???:
how deep is your scars? if is not that kind of bumpy kind, can try to put concealer at least to cover a bit. but is a NO NO for guys to put make up on the whole face and look like a gay boy. interviewers dont like that.
apple

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:55 pm

velvetrose wrote:girls I think you prepare yourself well before going to the interview. my friend went to the final interview on wednesday and she failed because the way she speak is not fluent enough. SIA chose most of the degree holder who can speak better!

Ganbatte as i think nw their interview is more stringent!
I heard that SIA will send them for some English course under Cambridge , is it true?

acceber

Post by acceber » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 3:34 pm

dreamie10, PM-ed. :)

yup, I totally agree with M.
I didn't really meet all the expectation, but I'm trying... and gonna try until i reach a certain age, lets jus say... 25?

Worse still, I can't do walk-in coz once I've being measured, they rejected me right at the door. Meaning? One less opportunity for me.

So I can only depend on write-in. And thank god for them giving me a chance for interview.

Staying positive is a must. =)
As long as u keep trying, put ur heart into it, no regrets.
Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be. Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me.

winzy

Post by winzy » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 4:07 pm

But is it really important for guys to have flawless skin? My acne scars are a little bumpy. But I really hope it will not be an issue.