Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:16 pm

foreverchicken, no worries! go and do your best..that's all that should be in your head come this sunday..nothing else...
don't worry about your weakpoints. concentrate on your plus points and make it look obvious. seriously, don't bother about what's niggling in your head..
i am fat, dark, i had loads of pimples and you name it..still i was given a second chance! just that my academic qualifications put me on hold for the moment..haha!
this is your best chance to prove that ur forever-NOT-a-chicken..good luck! :D :shooting:

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:28 pm

yeah, ALL THE BEST girls!! SMILE, keep smiling, be confident!!! you can do it... shine shine shine yar!!! If you feel butterflies in ur stomach, command them to fly in formation! *that was what I did :) *

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:36 pm

3 more days to go... gosh... scary...
thanks for everyone's encouragements yah... :)

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:48 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:yeah, ALL THE BEST girls!! SMILE, keep smiling, be confident!!! you can do it... shine shine shine yar!!! If you feel butterflies in ur stomach, command them to fly in formation! *that was what I did :) *
wah if they fly in formation i tink we need to rush to toilet le =p :lol:

jia you!

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 4:01 am

I'm still hesitating if I should go for the interview on 15th July!!

I wanted to go for the April's & June's but I backed out in the end due to the lack of confidence! :(

Just wanna know what will take place on the 1st day of interview?
Merely an introduction or are there anything more?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:30 am

confidenceless wrote:I'm still hesitating if I should go for the interview on 15th July!!

I wanted to go for the April's & June's but I backed out in the end due to the lack of confidence! :(

what i can say is u'll never know until u try for it. please don't hesitate if that's what u really want.

1st round - self intro (or a topic would be set for you) eg. hobbies,what u feel about cosmetic surgery etc

2nd round - kebaya fitting and if pass,proceed to skin check

3rd round - a 1-1 interview

first 3 rounds are conducted on the same day. for more information you can read the threads here. u might find most of your answers here as some are repeated many times.

just go and don't be afraid. no point asking so much questions but u dare not try. what we can answer is just what we think,u have to go n see what the interviewers think,aint it? if we think that u are fat,but what if they think that u are not? :???:

best that u (we) can do is to PREVENT the 'what ifs'. like go dieting,skin care,no singlish,your walking,posture and more. so girl,u've missed two interviews,u don't wanna miss it again n regret right.. try it!! we'll be behind u.. :cool:

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:34 am

Confidenceless......nope....u shld change your name....declare that u have confidence....& u will.....this is the power of our thoughts & words.... :D .....u shld really try....just take it as a rare & good experience...how many times are u able to go through such things in an interview....whenever i go for SIA interview, i literally feel the unity & bond with the other gals....cos all of us are under the same scrinitiny...we all have the same dreams....we encourage each other...we help each other with kebaya...& all....its really nice.... :D ....

If you can, do try out for this July one....if not, start telling yrself u want & u can & be prepared for the next next one! :)
.CEL.

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:43 am

Icic!

Firstly, thanks all the support and encouragement! :lol:

Another question is..

How long will the whole interview take since there are 3 rounds on the same day?

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:52 am

3hrs ++....thats only an estimation. It also depends on the turnout for that day... :)
.CEL.

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:55 am

Wow, that's a fast reply from you. Hahaha!

3hrs+ seems ok. Ermmm, THANKS ALOT! :D

God bless all of us who'll be going on this sunday den!

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 2:46 pm

confidenceless wrote:I'm still hesitating if I should go for the interview on 15th July!!

you can read through all the SIA threads in this forum, there's loads of information and advice to be found. alot of the people who have gone through interviews or those currently with SQ have posted very useful stuff. all you have to do is slowly read through it.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Re: :)

Post by theknees » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 2:54 pm

foreverchicken wrote:i really want to say a very very big THANK YOU to everyone especially veryscary, theknees and RaMz for posting/replying so much of useful tips and information which could help alot for the interview.

now i feel more confident to go for the challenge despite having bad hair, ugly skin, awful look and lousy language because i believe everyone is eligible!

GOOD LUCK GUYS & GIRLS!
no problem at all! :)
good luck and all the best for sunday! :D
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

babyger

Post by babyger » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 3:39 pm

sighhh... my 6mths ban is nt up... but i so feel like gg for this upcoming recruitment...

shld i shld i!!! im so eager to be flight stewardess.. Crying or Very sad

advise ? opinions ?

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 6:44 pm

babyger wrote:sighhh... my 6mths ban is nt up... but i so feel like gg for this upcoming recruitment...

shld i shld i!!! im so eager to be flight stewardess.. Crying or Very sad

advise ? opinions ?
Not to discourage u BUT better don't coz this was told to the girls during the final mgt intv tat they haf to wait for another 6mths b4 they can try again. I heard it myself..n u can even be blacklisted if you still insist to go before the 6mths is up.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:37 pm

I suggest you wait for your 6 months. Don't risk it because you can't wait - There are many other airlines recruiting - Go for those instead to gain interviewing experience.

Take care.