Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Shirini

Post by Shirini » Wed, 05 May 2010 5:57 pm

Photo printing shops offer printing services too. I always go to the kodak photo printing shop near my house to ask them to help me print my documents.

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Wed, 05 May 2010 8:52 pm

anyone wants to head down to the interview this sat morning together? drop me a pm! :D

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Wed, 05 May 2010 11:06 pm

hi missher! mind if i join u all? :D

Tallevous?

Post by Tallevous? » Thu, 06 May 2010 12:51 pm

Hi Kristine and Crocks,

Thanks a lot for your reply... :)

mischa.mich

Queries on upcoming Interview.

Post by mischa.mich » Thu, 06 May 2010 5:14 pm

Hi.. Anyone goin for the interview dis coming Sat?

May i noe wad other alternative can i wear to the interview besides formal? And is it necessary to wear formal?

Wad do they look for in a candidate??

Pls help. Thanks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Want to be an airline pilot

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 May 2010 9:14 pm

kevinlee wrote:Hi All.

I am currently a malaysian citizen with Australian PR. I work in the medical industry.

I am 33, single and always have been a dream of mine that one day I can become a commercial airline pilot.

Can anyone help me for some advice on the following.
To be fully qualified as an airline pilot.

1. How much would the course cost; duration of the course and where are the best place to apply.
2. Average entry salary for a trainee airline pilot
3. Does SIA employ pilots with commercial qualification from other parts of SE Asia. I believe the course can be expensive and there maybe some cheaper alternative in flying courses.
4. Competitiveness and demands in the industry.

That's all I need for now to get started.

cheers
Well... for one thing it would help to be observant if you want to be a commercial pilot. This is a cabin crew thread. There is already a pilot thread, one for SIA, or you could have opened a new pilot thread.

Why in the world would you post questions in the cabin crew thread, especially after reading 500 pages of questions completely irrelevant to being a pilot? -2

cheerypumpkin

Interview!

Post by cheerypumpkin » Thu, 06 May 2010 11:21 pm

Hihi,

I have a few questions regarding the interview, hope someone can help me ans them before the interview this sat!!

1) Is it ok to wear jeans? I mean of coz not t-shirt and jeans but like a formal top and jean and heels. would it be ok?

2) is wearing fake lashes appropriate?

3) the 2nd stage of skin checking, is it very scrutiny like those pores or black heads on ur nose is deemed bad skin?

4) I dont usually put foundation, jus concealer.. would that deduct points greatly?

Kinda new, not too sure what to expect..Hope you guys can give me some help here. Thanx!

artsan
Regular
Regular

Re: Interview!

Post by artsan » Fri, 07 May 2010 9:11 am

cheerypumpkin wrote:Hihi,

I have a few questions regarding the interview, hope someone can help me ans them before the interview this sat!!

1) Is it ok to wear jeans? I mean of coz not t-shirt and jeans but like a formal top and jean and heels. would it be ok?

3) the 2nd stage of skin checking, is it very scrutiny like those pores or black heads on ur nose is deemed bad skin?

4) I dont usually put foundation, jus concealer.. would that deduct points greatly?

Kinda new, not too sure what to expect..Hope you guys can give me some help here. Thanx!
1) Wearing jeans would be inappropriate, I've been to many SIA interviews and rarely see people in jeans (besides, it's hard to pull off the jeans/formal look.) If you're not a blazer/pants person, how about a simple LBD (little black dress or something along that line) which at least makes you look sharper.

2) Fake eyelashes are worn by SIA stewardesses, but keep them simple (and most importantly, natural!) You want the lashes to complement your features harmoniously, not looking like a drag queen.

3) I'd advise you using pore-pack/nose mask tonight, and sleep early. It will be too late for a facial now. Anyways, blackheads aren't something a good foundation can't cover.

4) For girls, it would be best to use a lightweight foundation just for formality (and a good blush at that!) There are a bunch of lucky ones who have a natural glow to their complexion, but more often than not, makeup does help in your interview.

Don't be too uptight, read through the forum if you have the time today. Most of your questions (and some that you didn't think about) should be answered after reading. Good luck!

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Fri, 07 May 2010 10:00 am

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:11 am Post subject: Re: Interview!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cheerypumpkin wrote:
Hihi,

1) Wearing jeans would be inappropriate, I've been to many SIA interviews and rarely see people in jeans (besides, it's hard to pull off the jeans/formal look.) If you're not a blazer/pants person, how about a simple LBD (little black dress or something along that line) which at least makes you look sharper.

2) Fake eyelashes are worn by SIA stewardesses, but keep them simple (and most importantly, natural!) You want the lashes to complement your features harmoniously, not looking like a drag queen.

3) I'd advise you using pore-pack/nose mask tonight, and sleep early. It will be too late for a facial now. Anyways, blackheads aren't something a good foundation can't cover.

4) For girls, it would be best to use a lightweight foundation just for formality (and a good blush at that!) There are a bunch of lucky ones who have a natural glow to their complexion, but more often than not, makeup does help in your interview.

Don't be too uptight, read through the forum if you have the time today. Most of your questions (and some that you didn't think about) should be answered after reading. Good luck!

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your info!!

O dear.. coz i dont usually wear formal clothes and I ahv this really nice formal top which i dont know to match it with wad! >.< die..

I'm not sure about pore pack coz i heard it makes the pores even bigger and i've nv use it before..i'm not sure if i'l be able to handle any mishaps if it happens! my skin quite sensitive thts why..

My skin is not exactly very bad tht needs a lot of coverage..so a light foundation like BB cream suffice?

O one more thing! I kinda hav a lot of baby hair ard my fringe area, i shld gel it up with a ponytail right..

Ps sorry i have so many silly questions. *apprehensive*

Thank you for your reply!! :)

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Fri, 07 May 2010 11:42 am

cheerypumpkin wrote:Hi there!

Thank you so much for your info!!

O dear.. coz i dont usually wear formal clothes and I ahv this really nice formal top which i dont know to match it with wad! >.< die..

I'm not sure about pore pack coz i heard it makes the pores even bigger and i've nv use it before..i'm not sure if i'l be able to handle any mishaps if it happens! my skin quite sensitive thts why..

My skin is not exactly very bad tht needs a lot of coverage..so a light foundation like BB cream suffice?

O one more thing! I kinda hav a lot of baby hair ard my fringe area, i shld gel it up with a ponytail right..

Ps sorry i have so many silly questions. *apprehensive*

Thank you for your reply!! :)
BB Cream should suffice, coupled with some good concealing. Oh and baby hair? Just use some Lucidol wax to tuck them in lah, should work.

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Fri, 07 May 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you Artsan for your reply!!

* fingers crossed* gonna be so crowded tml!!

mischa.mich

Post by mischa.mich » Fri, 07 May 2010 12:57 pm

Anybody has any idea how long does the interview takes?

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Fri, 07 May 2010 3:50 pm

mischa.mich wrote:Anybody has any idea how long does the interview takes?

it depends on the crowd and each round takes different period of time. no specific time period. for example the first round may take 20-30 minutes while management round will take about 45-50 mins.

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Sat, 08 May 2010 2:32 pm

anyone who went for the interview know this really nice lady by the name of lenara? from group 8. not sure if the spelling is correct but she was previously from emirates

soul0708

Post by soul0708 » Sat, 08 May 2010 5:01 pm

anyone went for interview today? got booted at round 3.. the grooming round.. whr they check for skin, smile, postures etc.. :(