Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cpm

SIA cabin crew

Post by cpm » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 1:08 am

anyone in here care to share about the experience as a cabin crew in SIA?

Thx in advance

SIA

Post by SIA » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 1:30 am

My GF is a cabin crew and believe me, she has told me some stories! What exactly are you wanting to know?

cpm

Post by cpm » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 2:17 am

hmmm...... is cabin crew different from stewardess? you gf from SIA?

SIA

Post by SIA » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 4:34 pm

Cabin Crew and stewardess is the same thing. And yes, gf is from SIA.

cpm

Post by cpm » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 8:23 pm

hmmm just wondering.....they always look for stewardess in newspaper.... are there any chance for a guy to be a cabin crew??

HaPpYgOlUcKy

Post by HaPpYgOlUcKy » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:35 pm

And what is wrong if a man occasionally wants to dress as a woman.

Those dresses are lovely and feel so sexy. Sometime I wear one when I go to Changi parking lot

SIA

Post by SIA » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:17 am

The only way you can become a cabin crew for SIA, is when they advertise in the newspaper looking for STEWARDS, not STEWARDESS. When they advertise for stewards, then you can apply. Good luck to you!

Elizabeth

Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by Elizabeth » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 1:27 am

Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.

cpm

Post by cpm » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 12:14 am

elizabeth may i know your email add?

new

Post by new » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 4:43 pm

if you've noticed, somehow these past 2-3 years, the newer SIA stewadesses are getting shorter and plainer. Gone are the golden days of SIA girls.

Guest123

SIA cabin crew

Post by Guest123 » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 6:03 pm

SIA not realli looking into prettiness as main factor, alot of models have been turned away as they do nt fit the bill. Personality, warmth and no scarring on visible skin (skin not covered by Kebaya).
You have to be trained to handle babies, cpr, business/ economy meal service.
Don't think a pretty model is prepared to wipe food off floor or clean the toilets.
I know this because i was an ex-stewardess.

sia

Post by sia » Thu, 04 Nov 2004 3:12 pm

Well, all the same SIA was known for their 'pretty women' at least many years ago. It may be true there are some pretty models who can't clean toilets and wipe barf but that does not mean that plain ones will guarantee a job well done either . I'm sure there are pretty ones who can work. But I do appreciate SIA's effort in going for brains, good work attitude and not only beauty. But if all 3 factors can come in hand in such a line like this, all the better.

hui xia

Post by hui xia » Mon, 22 Nov 2004 6:04 pm

I wana be a cabin crew but I am already 22 this year. Next year will b 23.
is it too late???

what kinda girls do they usualli go for???

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:17 pm

hi!

i am a girl from europe. would love to get hang out with some sia girls sometime :)

[email protected]

theresa

Post by theresa » Tue, 23 Nov 2004 2:54 pm

elizabeth y u nv wk again?to b a air stadwardness really nid 2 noe lots of languages?i wanted to be after my ploy