Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:51 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
jlayl wrote:okayy
my height is 159cm.
but I fear that if they measure my height as 157, HOW!?
seems liek they always measure shorter than our usual height...

if they measure below 158cm, we can't even go for the interview right?
Hello jlayl !
Don't worry. There will be a tape for you to reach (you can tip-toe). If you can reach and touch the tape, you can go for the 1st round of interview.
I am standing at about 157.5cm . I tried to reach the height of 212cm and I can reach and touch it :D
Hi too!
thanks a lot, that made me feel so much better.

chocopie: its such a pity if we can't go cos they measure us at a shorter height! When we are actually qualified at 158cm and above. I measured during a body check up at wdlands SATA as 159cm, so I don't think it can be inaccurate. hahaa

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:54 pm

the thing is ,its nt really accurate when they measure ? i've girls from my group which told me that they are 2 cm shorter when the lady measured her. So if u feel that you are short changed, infrom them that you've measured ur height recently and u passed the min requriements.
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:00 pm

I really hope they will understand too. I mean, I am really 159cm, at the lowest, 158cm, just cos they measure 2cm shorter it can kill my chance just like that. I really hope and pray that they aren't gonna be mean. At least measure accurately! I feel kinda upset that I am worrying about something which I actually should qualify.. :(

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:02 pm

there was a time a gal was measured at 157cm, and she was asked to leave the place after waiting for 3hrs..

Previously my friend went, and she said the ppl in charge were quite unfriendly, so if they really measured ur height wrongly u must speak up..
don't let this unfriendly management ruin ur chance to join SIA...
When there's a will, there's a way.

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:05 pm

okay this is really really worrying me!
I can't find the medical cert I received when I did a body check up for schorlaship application.. hmmm.
if not I am sure I will take it out and flash it to them if they ever measure me below 158cm!
*goes hunting for cert*

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:08 pm

stretch yourself before u go for ur interview. this i'm not joking, you will be able to "Grow" at least 2cm in height. that helps alot.

=)

but if they really measure u wrongly, speak up. nothing is wrong with speaking up. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:13 pm

really? I shall stretch every morning and night before I sleep. to make sure I 'grow' everyday or keep up my 'growth'.. :lol:

I hope they listen when I do speak up. I have a feeling they will just insist that I am what they measured.. oh well, I really think they should measure properly cos they have no idea how 1cm can kill someone's hopes and dreams totally.

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:19 pm

jlayl wrote:really? I shall stretch every morning and night before I sleep. to make sure I 'grow' everyday or keep up my 'growth'.. :lol:

I hope they listen when I do speak up. I have a feeling they will just insist that I am what they measured.. oh well, I really think they should measure properly cos they have no idea how 1cm can kill someone's hopes and dreams totally.
stretch for 10mins whenever u are free...it reali helps...
and when they measured you, make sure ur head is upright...
dun tilt down... :)
When there's a will, there's a way.

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:29 am

jlayl wrote:really? I shall stretch every morning and night before I sleep. to make sure I 'grow' everyday or keep up my 'growth'.. :lol:

wah like that u will grow by alot if you keep on stretching everyday..
Just joking..

well try to do skipping too.. i heard that it help? dunno true anot.

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:41 am

Exclusive wrote:

wah like that u will grow by alot if you keep on stretching everyday..
Just joking..

well try to do skipping too.. i heard that it help? dunno true anot.
Skipping does help. I skip alot during my younger days and it helps me.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:03 am

sherrielynn wrote:arent u gonna try pork !!!
No! =X
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:12 am

during the pre-interview period, are we standing or sitting down?? cause i scared i have blisters from wearing heels if stand for too long. is weight taken too?? I can gained like 2kg after eaten breakfast and 1 kg from drink water. :cry:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:29 am

KimberlyGin wrote:during the pre-interview period, are we standing or sitting down?? cause i scared i have blisters from wearing heels if stand for too long. is weight taken too?? I can gained like 2kg after eaten breakfast and 1 kg from drink water. :cry:
Height and weight is definitely being taken.. Which is why I'm not going this time round (haha!). If your weight is acceptable right now, the temporary 2kg doesn't affect your chance much! Jiayou!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:44 am

KimberlyGin wrote:during the pre-interview period, are we standing or sitting down?? cause i scared i have blisters from wearing heels if stand for too long. is weight taken too?? I can gained like 2kg after eaten breakfast and 1 kg from drink water. :cry:
u wil be seated til its ur turn.. try the new blister glide or wear non covered shoes instead? or jus wear kitten heels so u wun b of much pain? dun let ur blisters affect u on tat day oso.. seems like urs is water retention problem.. maybe dun drink so much water before sleeping the nite before the interview den have a super light breakfast instead? :wink:

chocopie

height

Post by chocopie » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:45 am

i was in skipping n netball when i was pri/sec. erm.. still im 158. keke. in e gene i suppose. :p but for our dream.. STRETCH!! haha..

anw i hope e one takin our height is a auntie lei. auntie i heard is nicer than e young ladies..Pray hard man. yeah 2 months bk i went for company checkup i was taken at 159. then at my family clinic 158.
hmm..