Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wanderwanderlust

Post by wanderwanderlust » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:57 am

yes.. i do agree with you.
just that i wanna be mentally prepared... so as to know should i have other commitments like part time school or dance classes etc...i know whether i can juggle or not.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:26 am

thanks so much for the valuable advice ckrocks and kristine! :D will keep it in mind!
Last edited by crunkbabee on Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:26 am

thanks so much for the valuable advice ckrocks and kristine! Very Happy will keep it in mind!

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:27 am

@kristine : haha, oops=x.. ck is my initials la. and i did a SFO with jane way back..

@wanderwanderlust : depends on what your defination of *Good* is.. some ppl whom dread the job wish that 31 days of the mth is OFFS! and some rather COF away off days for flights, so they can earn heaps..!

lurverach

anyone?

Post by lurverach » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:35 pm

hey ppl. is there anyone shortlisted and alredi went for med checkup and all, who went to interview on 16th jan 10 and now still waiting for their call on training dates? i've been waiting so long its kiling me! and my notice period is 0 months. my friends already got the call. :cry:

lingg

Re: anyone?

Post by lingg » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 7:57 pm

lurverach wrote:hey ppl. is there anyone shortlisted and alredi went for med checkup and all, who went to interview on 16th jan 10 and now still waiting for their call on training dates? i've been waiting so long its kiling me! and my notice period is 0 months. my friends already got the call. :cry:
have u went for ur med chk?

barney88

Post by barney88 » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 1:47 am

hello is anyone knows when will SIA held a recruitment again after feb and march walk-in?
for some reasons i might not be able to attend the coming interviews :(

lurverach

Re: anyone?

Post by lurverach » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:23 pm

lingg wrote:
lurverach wrote:hey ppl. is there anyone shortlisted and alredi went for med checkup and all, who went to interview on 16th jan 10 and now still waiting for their call on training dates? i've been waiting so long its kiling me! and my notice period is 0 months. my friends already got the call. :cry:
have u went for ur med chk?
hey lingg, yeah i already went for med c/up and sent the docs to their office already...

lurverach

Post by lurverach » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:35 pm

barney88 wrote:hello is anyone knows when will SIA held a recruitment again after feb and march walk-in?
for some reasons i might not be able to attend the coming interviews :(
dont think anyone would know...i tink you gotta keep checking the sia website for updates..but it seems like you can send in your application through online if you're unable to attend the interviews.. heres the site.. http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp

memory44

Post by memory44 » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 6:40 pm

Hello everyone. One question.

I went for the January 2010 recruitment for the first time. Managed to get through the rounds till the final round. I was eliminated the last round, the management round. Can't believe it wasn't individual interview. I think they changed the system.

Anyway, I heard about the '6-months ban' if you are eliminated the final round. I wasn't told about this from the staff who told me I didn't make it.

I plan to go again next recruitment but kinda hesitant about it when I heard about the ban. Would you advise me to go for the March recruitment? Would they ask me to leave and come back again. Or should I just go for it? Thanks.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 2:44 am

memory44 wrote: I heard about the ban. Would you advise me to go for the March recruitment? Would they ask me to leave and come back again. Or should I just go for it? Thanks.
Are you trying to get yourself permanently excluded? OK they didn't tell you but from your post you obviously know now. Should you go, one way or the other they are going to know, if not at the interview maybe at a later date when you might be employed by them and if haven't told them you tried before (assuming they ask at the walk-in or whenever) then they will sack you for dishonesty. Do yourself a favour: wait, think, plan then the sweeter success will be. :wink:

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 8:28 am

congratulation to those who made it through recently. i have a question for u guys. wad was the final round like? because as i heard,they change the format of the interview. rite?!

natalatte

Post by natalatte » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 3:43 pm

eunicelee wrote:congratulation to those who made it through recently. i have a question for u guys. wad was the final round like? because as i heard,they change the format of the interview. rite?!
it was 2 interviewers to 4 interviewees.
there'll be 3 phase in the interview.

phase 1: given 30sec, knw the person beside you. Coz u're required to introduce this person instead of introducing yourself.

phase 2: discussion question. you'll need to given your own opinion to the question given. interviewers will then further elaborate it by asking you whether u agree to the other person's pt of view n etc!

phase 3: passage reading

tt's abt all~~ but it was pretty tense!!
♥ A great way to fly ♥

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 6:23 pm

I need some help here please! The walk-in is on the 20th, I understand. Should I make it through all the rounds, is it possible for me to go for the medical examination a month later on? I have a flight to catch on the 21st. :/

Is there a number I can call for information on this?
Helloo! (:

becrew
Regular
Regular

Post by becrew » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:23 pm

natalatte wrote:
eunicelee wrote:congratulation to those who made it through recently. i have a question for u guys. wad was the final round like? because as i heard,they change the format of the interview. rite?!
it was 2 interviewers to 4 interviewees.
there'll be 3 phase in the interview.

phase 1: given 30sec, knw the person beside you. Coz u're required to introduce this person instead of introducing yourself.

phase 2: discussion question. you'll need to given your own opinion to the question given. interviewers will then further elaborate it by asking you whether u agree to the other person's pt of view n etc!

phase 3: passage reading

tt's abt all~~ but it was pretty tense!!

COULD YOU TELL US WHAT KIND OF PASSAGE WAS GIVEN? ROUGHLY HOW MANY SENTENCES AND IS IT ON-BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT?

THANKS!