Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cas_Lam

Re: venue

Post by Cas_Lam » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 3:37 pm

Hi Chai Ching,

Refer to tis sat's straits times.. U going? My first time.. I don feel confident at at... reason being I'm act on e fleshy side and my bunny teeth.. teeth i can straighten it, but i'm afraid i'm too big size for sq... I was for silkair once, onli got into e 3rd round.. most of e gal are size 32, but i'm 34, for e uniform.... but i reli feelin like trying, wat do u think? keke...maybe we can go together...

Regards
Cas

chai ching wrote:Oh ok can. Thank you so much for your revelant information! I will check it out tomorrow papers.
sq_boy wrote:Hi chai ching,
If I am not wrong, it will be held at Raffles City Convention Centre. Do lookout for it. My info might be wrong.

Cheers

karen87

Post by karen87 » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 9:58 pm

woo..d luck for those going for the interview!!..=D

sharkie8480
Regular
Regular

Re: New in the forum

Post by sharkie8480 » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:16 pm

Matt10 wrote:
higgledy wrote:Personally, I think that they accept only LOCAL DIPLOMA, if not, they won't need to specify in its advertisements. However, I remember coming across diploma from MDIS are accepted.
Diploma in what for MDIS? What about other diploma from other private institute?

SIA take in any polytechnic diploma as poly students normally have common module like communication skills, character development etc.
My friend's friend is only an O level holder, and she got in. Heard they are taking in O level holders again coz unigrads usually not so service oriented....but dunno how true that is

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:21 pm

I think you may well find accepting 'O' level holders is a temporary arrangement, did read words to that effect but have forgotten where.

Plavt.

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 9:32 am

As long as you have diploma from MDIS or SIA-Laselle, you can try. Regarding to "O" levels, yes they do recruit pple with at least 5 "O" levels credits, it's not like 3 "O" level credits in the past anymore!!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: venue

Post by chai ching » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 3:56 pm

Hi,

This morning i have PM you. Pls check your PM. :D Thank you!
Cas_Lam wrote:Hi Chai Ching,

Refer to tis sat's straits times.. U going? My first time.. I don feel confident at at... reason being I'm act on e fleshy side and my bunny teeth.. teeth i can straighten it, but i'm afraid i'm too big size for sq... I was for silkair once, onli got into e 3rd round.. most of e gal are size 32, but i'm 34, for e uniform.... but i reli feelin like trying, wat do u think? keke...maybe we can go together...

Regards
Cas

chai ching wrote:Oh ok can. Thank you so much for your revelant information! I will check it out tomorrow papers.
sq_boy wrote:Hi chai ching,
If I am not wrong, it will be held at Raffles City Convention Centre. Do lookout for it. My info might be wrong.

Cheers

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 7:53 pm

i will like to know is there any continuation for the one to one interview, followed by the swim test and the psychometric test for this weekend interview as how it was done in KL recently.

e.g. just say, I passed thru the group interview this saturday and should I come back on Sunday for the following interview or should I wait for SQ's email.

Thanks a lot.

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

SIA Interview

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 8:13 pm

serembanboy wrote:i will like to know is there any continuation for the one to one interview, followed by the swim test and the psychometric test for this weekend interview as how it was done in KL recently.

e.g. just say, I passed thru the group interview this saturday and should I come back on Sunday for the following interview or should I wait for SQ's email.

Thanks a lot.
Hi there,
Just for info, for recruitment in Singapore (walk in), after you got through the first round, you have to go back and wait for SQ email, informing you the date you are required to go for the one-on-one interview. Hope it answer your questions.

Something to add. Swimming test will also be conducted in another date after you got through the one-on-one interview.

Cheers

pisces

Appearance doubts

Post by pisces » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:48 am

Hi, I'm new here. Would like to ask a few questions. Hope somebody replies to me.

1) Does SIA only recruits those with straight teeth? ('cos mine is definitely not straight :cry: )

2) If make up can conceals flaws on the face, will SIA recruits them? Can put on make up during the skin-test?

Thanks..

bachelorette

Re: SIA Interview

Post by bachelorette » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:11 pm

sq_boy wrote:
serembanboy wrote:i will like to know is there any continuation for the one to one interview, followed by the swim test and the psychometric test for this weekend interview as how it was done in KL recently.

Thanks a lot.
Hi there,
Just for info, for recruitment in Singapore (walk in), after you got through the first round, you have to go back and wait for SQ email, informing you the date you are required to go for the one-on-one interview. Hope it answer your questions.

Something to add. Swimming test will also be conducted in another date after you got through the one-on-one interview.

Cheers

Not necessarily,u have to go for the one to one interview on another day.
You might be able to finish it on the first day itself that is provided u got thru the first round. :)

bachelorette

Re: Appearance doubts

Post by bachelorette » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:16 pm

pisces wrote:Hi, I'm new here. Would like to ask a few questions. Hope somebody replies to me.

1) Does SIA only recruits those with straight teeth? ('cos mine is definitely not straight :cry: )

2) If make up can conceals flaws on the face, will SIA recruits them? Can put on make up during the skin-test?

Thanks..
Your teeth should not be too crooked until when u smile it seems too unpresentable. That u have to judge for youself cause u know how ur teeth looks like.
However, no harm gg for the interview ya.

SIA is particular abt scars on the face, just make sure any blemishes are not too obvious too be seen. They really take a gd scrutiny of ur face during the kebaya round.

Afterall u are vying with others to represent as an icon as a Singapore Girl. Definitely they have to be particular abt ur complexion. :wink:

White_Belle
Regular
Regular

Qualification for SIA Cabin Crew

Post by White_Belle » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 1:45 pm

Please Advise

Anybody here with international diploma went for the walk-in?[/quote]

Eunice_83

Post by Eunice_83 » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 3:32 pm

Can anyone advise on the dress code for girls on the SIA interview coming this weekend?? One more thing, for the swim test, is life jacket provided? I'm not really that good in swim,in fact i cant swim even 10m..

bachelorette

Post by bachelorette » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:16 pm

Eunice_83 wrote:Can anyone advise on the dress code for girls on the SIA interview coming this weekend?? One more thing, for the swim test, is life jacket provided? I'm not really that good in swim,in fact i cant swim even 10m..

Formal wear for the dress code.

Yes , life jacket is provided. Most impt is that they want to test ur guts to jump. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:33 pm

Eunice_83 wrote:,in fact i cant swim even 10m..
Then you have big problems as you have to be able to swim at least 25m. :( (mandatory on all airlines and sometimes 50m). Give it a miss and wait for the next recruitment there will be more than one that way you can improve your swimming and plan your application. Better a minor inconvenience than a huge disappointment .

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 27 Jun 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.