Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
insight

Post by insight » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:49 pm

prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?
its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.
So hw long will the the psychometric test take? About hw many ques?

plyn

Post by plyn » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:24 pm

insight wrote:
prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?
its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.
it's quite a long list of questions if i can remember correctly. mainly adjectives to describe u, ur personality at wk, and the above mentioned characteristics etc. very often, the same characteristics (but phrased in another way) will appear in the list, so you just have to be consistent in ur answers. be yourself, what answer comes to ur mind first is usually the right answer. =)

all the best

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:03 am

plyn wrote:
insight wrote:
prince wrote: its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.
it's quite a long list of questions if i can remember correctly. mainly adjectives to describe u, ur personality at wk, and the above mentioned characteristics etc. very often, the same characteristics (but phrased in another way) will appear in the list, so you just have to be consistent in ur answers. be yourself, what answer comes to ur mind first is usually the right answer. =)

all the best
But dun worry, this round is so easy to pass

misdemeanor

Post by misdemeanor » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 1:10 am

Thanks for all the advice peeps! Really appreciate it :)

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:57 am

hi guys, i went for my mgt interview yesterday. but my medical examination was place on pending due to my rashes on my neck recently due to some seafood. i went to the doctor, he told me its only temporary and would recover in a month time. what SIA told me was when im recovered from the rashes and get a doctor letter to prove that it isnt a permanent or periodic rash, they would go ahead to hand me the form

any guys know how long will SIA wait for personnel and get back to them?? any idea??

thanks in advance

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:21 am

plyn wrote:
insight wrote:
prince wrote: its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.

all the best
What comes to your mind first..

..is who you are.

No right or wrong answers.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:27 pm

Right! tiki...

No correct answers..
10 April 2006

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 3:50 pm

Hi friend, does any one know how long is the bond for silkair?

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 4:04 pm

louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?
I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:00 pm

voxvox wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?
I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:01 pm

zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote:

:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...
sorry , i forgot to quote the swimming confidence and uniform fitting was conducted today... :roll: ..quite scary for the elimination rate

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:03 pm

zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote:

OH MY GAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:48 pm

tiki wrote:
zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote: I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

OH MY GAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

:o :o Serious????? So, floating backwards is not enough????? :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

'nuff said Image

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:07 am

Dekulakisation
10 April 2006

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:35 am

Collectivisation

....Dekulakisation?Isn't that when that dude ran in the elections...

oh! That's Dukakisation....
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'