Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 6:39 pm

princessjm wrote: wow. thanks. =)
no problem=) just rmbr that SIA is looking for pple who are service oriented=)

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 8:23 pm

catcrazy wrote:
princessjm wrote: wow. thanks. =)
no problem=) just rmbr that SIA is looking for pple who are service oriented=)
i'll keep that in mind. thanks. :)

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:24 pm

blackpolitics, you're in 980? well batch 979 just came in today and my batch went to say hi =)

felixtwp

Post by felixtwp » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:10 am

hi guys!

justgot myself registered in this forum... will prob be heading down to the interview this sun 22th, realised that some of u guys will be meeting up.. mind if i join guys? drop me a text will ya? 81335327 sorry to trouble u guys :)
only injuries can stop me from being the best

blackpolitics

Post by blackpolitics » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:24 am

thesean76 wrote:blackpolitics, you're in 980? well batch 979 just came in today and my batch went to say hi =)
yeahh dude. im in batch 980. im coming on next monday. im pretty shocked theres a test straight away next week. its really fast. when are you graduating? batch no?

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:30 am

catcrazy wrote:careena and soursalad. have u guys received ur calls yet? my friends received her rejection letter last fri=(
Oh wow. sorry for the news. but may I know what's the reason of her rejection?

Ive always go by the thoughts that God knows what's best for us :)

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:32 am

Tres Bien Merci wrote:Hi Soursalad,

I am not in the training but a lot of my friend is already with SIA. Some of them are leading steward and stewardess.

Your incident happen to some of my friends and lucky they called them and while later they received teh reply.

But i agree with you. It would be better for you to wait a while more.

I believe as long as you pass your medical, it should not be a problem for you to join them.

Dont worry ok. :D Everything should be ok. :D
Yup everything shld be ok even if its not meant to be ey. Anyways since they took this loooooooooOOOooOOOOoOOoOng I 've been thinkin and weighin my tots on this job :) Too many pros too many cons.

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:33 am

Careena wrote:
catcrazy wrote:careena and soursalad. have u guys received ur calls yet? my friends received her rejection letter last fri=(
Yes i have received on yesterday..but i need to go for another medical checkup for work permit application:? ..because my S pass has been rejected...so they can only apply work permit for me :(...and mary still cannot confirm the training date until my medical is cleared...
Oh Congratulations GF! weeeeee~~~~

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:34 am

catcrazy wrote:
Careena wrote:
Yes i have received on yesterday..but i need to go for another medical checkup for work permit application:? ..because my S pass has been rejected...so they can only apply work permit for me :(...and mary still cannot confirm the training date until my medical is cleared...
u got ur call already? but at least ure in already. hopefully u get ur work permit=)
Yeah at least it puts an end to your waiting agony :P

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 1:25 pm

soursalad wrote:Oh wow. sorry for the news. but may I know what's the reason of her rejection?

scoliosis. but yeah. i believe God will give us the best too=)

double e

Good luck

Post by double e » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 1:59 pm

Hi to all guys and girls out there trying for this coming interview,

Good luck to all of you and may your dreams come true. Remember to be natural and speak slowly. Have a good rest on saturday and be fully loaded for sunday. And, most importantly, give them your best smile ever in life. Take care! May god blesses all of you!

Tres Bien Merci

Post by Tres Bien Merci » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 3:06 pm

Hi Soursalad,

It is true that a lot of good and bad thing about this job but it is really depend to what you really want in life.

That is why quite a number of people left the job even before end of their contract. It is a tough job.If you have a so-so job, it would be better you re-consider again.

Quite hard to find a dream job in this world.The most important is your colleageu.

Some of my friend left the company even before they end their contract and they need to pay quite a lump sum of money. It is quite a pinch to them but they have no choice.

Some of them stay put because they are unable to find other job outside that can pay them well.

Soem of them told me, every flight is a nightmare and they will quietly crying at the toilet.

Worst, if they have family becasue they will definetly do not have time for family. Sometimes, they own kid dont even want to spend time with them since they feel that they are not their MOM but STRANGER.

The good thing is you can travel and see the world but you need to remember this is not a glamorous job at all.

It is really depend to individual and what you are looking for in this wolrd.

At first i also want to give it a try but at the end of the day, i decided not to think about this job anymore. I am happy with what i am doing right now.

Whatever your decision is, i wish you the best. :D :D

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 4:52 pm

catcrazy wrote:
soursalad wrote:Oh wow. sorry for the news. but may I know what's the reason of her rejection?

scoliosis. but yeah. i believe God will give us the best too=)
Oh is her degress that bad :( she was so close. but tell her no worries im sure tt she is meant for something else that wld be well suited for her.

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 4:53 pm

Tres Bien Merci wrote:Hi Soursalad,

It is true that a lot of good and bad thing about this job but it is really depend to what you really want in life.

That is why quite a number of people left the job even before end of their contract. It is a tough job.If you have a so-so job, it would be better you re-consider again.

Quite hard to find a dream job in this world.The most important is your colleageu.

Some of my friend left the company even before they end their contract and they need to pay quite a lump sum of money. It is quite a pinch to them but they have no choice.

Some of them stay put because they are unable to find other job outside that can pay them well.

Soem of them told me, every flight is a nightmare and they will quietly crying at the toilet.

Worst, if they have family becasue they will definetly do not have time for family. Sometimes, they own kid dont even want to spend time with them since they feel that they are not their MOM but STRANGER.

The good thing is you can travel and see the world but you need to remember this is not a glamorous job at all.

It is really depend to individual and what you are looking for in this wolrd.

At first i also want to give it a try but at the end of the day, i decided not to think about this job anymore. I am happy with what i am doing right now.

Whatever your decision is, i wish you the best. :D :D

Lol right now my colleague is killin me. hehehe. :P thnxs dearest.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sat, 21 Jun 2008 7:44 am

to all who are going for tmrw's interviews..good luck yah?=) get good rest tonight so ul be all ready for tmrw=)

rmbr..be confident, show passion for service and SMILE!=D