Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 6:22 pm

Prince,
I do not think anybody is being rude on this thread, as Vaucluse says there are some who just too thick to understand. You only need look back a few pages to see just how stupid some of them are.

Contrary to what some people believe including a good many here being a flight attendant hard work and competition is rife on any airline.
This means if you really want such a position you must plan for it which of course will take time. Perhaps the 'hurtful' aspects are you have to look at yourself and think what you could be doing better. I think you would agree there is little point coming here and asking; 'does anybody know the address for recruitment, 'saying I cannot swim I can only float, using text message language all the time and to the extent it is incomprehensible even to me a native English speaker.

Furthermore people should not set their goals on the one job since simple mathematics mean that not infrequently people who were suitable will not be accepted. Think about it, if an employer has 500 vacancies and 2000 applicants and 300 are suitable that means a hundred people who are suitable will simply be unlucky and that does happen. One must realize we cannot always have what we want in life.

I can only hope posters will think about this as I have made mistakes and done silly things like anybody else but as you get older (and I am a lot older than most here in this thread) you look back at where you went wrong. However before somebody says you sound like mum and dad remember I am not saying you should not enjoy yourself you have get the sense of proportions right (plan your day ahead). Here is an old English adage: 'Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!'

Plavt.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 7:43 pm

Deshi wrote:Hie there is anyone here going for the final interview on the 08th feb at 10.00am..just wondering if we could meet up on that day.. :)
Never really wandered into this thread if not for Vaucluse & Plavt :lol: Thanks to them... found an old friend. :P

Wish you all the best doll :)

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 7:58 pm

madwolfie wrote:
Deshi wrote:Hie there is anyone here going for the final interview on the 08th feb at 10.00am..just wondering if we could meet up on that day.. :)
Never really wandered into this thread if not for Vaucluse & Plavt :lol: Thanks to them... found an old friend. :P

Wish you all the best doll :)
Can Wolfies swim, otherwise you've got no chance becoming a FA Madie :lol:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 8:00 pm

I can swim but have NEVER thought of becoming a FA :lol: I like to be served than serve :twisted:

Deshi

Post by Deshi » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 8:43 pm

hey thanks wolfie.. glad i found you after all these years.. :lol:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 8:49 pm

Indeed my dear :) *gives you a warm big hug* we shall catch up soon :)

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:22 pm

I've got a friend who wants to apply to be a Air Steward. He is currently Serving NS and is getting out of NS pretty soon (in a couple of months time). He's 20 and has got no formal working experience. But, he was alot of volunteering experiences from hospitals like KK hospital and National University Hospital. He's also an International Volunteer Liaison Officer for a company to look out for sponsors for its company. Will all these experience count? Or the formal experience is only taken into consideration? He knows English and a 2nd Lang and currently French. Will he be at a disadvantage because of his age? I've heard that guys nomally apply to be a FA at the age of 23 and above. So, what points are to be taken into consideration for him toq qualify? I hope someone could answer these questions. Thank you very much people!! =)

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Re: Abastos

Post by Cheesie » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 1:51 am

abastos wrote:I've got a friend who wants to apply to be a Air Steward. He is currently Serving NS and is getting out of NS pretty soon (in a couple of months time). He's 20 and has got no formal working experience. But, he was alot of volunteering experiences from hospitals like KK hospital and National University Hospital. He's also an International Volunteer Liaison Officer for a company to look out for sponsors for its company. Will all these experience count? Or the formal experience is only taken into consideration? He knows English and a 2nd Lang and currently French. Will he be at a disadvantage because of his age? I've heard that guys nomally apply to be a FA at the age of 23 and above. So, what points are to be taken into consideration for him toq qualify? I hope someone could answer these questions. Thank you very much people!! =)
Its not a problem!!!! Just go for it.... You wouldn't know until you give it a try!!

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 9:31 am

Thank you Cheesie! But issit advisable to apply now? or after he completes his NS? Will SIA entertain guys who are about to get their ORDs?Thank you very much!

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:30 am

Kiki, apologies for the late reply. My guy friend sent in a full-length photo taken at St John's Island and he was wearing a footie jersey. He looked as if he was an off-duty cabin crew overseas!! So...dun sweat the small stuff. Seriously, send it your application even if it is "off-season". You never know when they may have slots(vacancies) to fill. Best of luck. My guy pal is waiting expectantly for a call or e-mail from SQ. :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Abastos

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:04 am

abastos wrote:Thank you Cheesie! But issit advisable to apply now? or after he completes his NS? Will SIA entertain guys who are about to get their ORDs?Thank you very much!
I assume you don't visit SIA's website at all huh? You questions will be answered when you visit the website.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 6:16 pm

I do know that the website gives the information on what i'm asking but I would like to ask if there was any additional requirements needed to back up the flaws that my friend in this case has which is his age. Girls normally get in when they are 19 or so. But for guys, many recruits turn them down due to their young age of 20 and 21. That is why for guys, is it advisable to apply during NS or with a couple of years experience in the Public Relation industry? Thank you Singapore Girll for acknowledging me about the website anyways. Good luck on becoming a SQ Stewardess. Wish you the best and to Cheesie too for helping me out. Cheers to all!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 8:03 pm

abastos,
Why doesn't your friend write to them and ask them, how difficult is that?
By the way who says girls normally get in when they are 19? Have a think about it - that is not true.

Plavt.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 9:01 pm

to ABASTOS,

i know of someone who applied as a flight steward when he was 20 year-old and he quit flying last year..

I think your friend should try..

If he can't make it, he can always try again..and again and again...

T R Y..
All the best.

you are such a caring friend!!!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:02 pm

i know of someone who applied as a flight steward when he was 20 year-old and he quit flying last year..

Trying to do the math . . . :???: Thinking one parameter is missing . . . :???:

Must try to make sense next time . . .

'nuff said Image