Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: New in the forum

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 9:11 am

Sorry can i ask you one question. Then did it stated that where is it held for their interview? Thanks for your information!

sq_boy wrote:
blancD wrote:
karen87 wrote:hey pple!..
i am still studying in a local poly and hope to get a position as a sia cabin crew.But i am clueless abt when is the intake.update me any1? tnx u! :D
check www.singaporeair.com frequently
Hey there,
Lookout for the advert in this weekend's straits times. SIA will be advertising this weekend and next weekend will be the walk-in. Good luck to all those who are trying for the walk-in. It will be a great opportunity and remember to be there early because once you are cleared early, the subsequent rounds of interview will be carried out relatively fast as well.

<b>Educational Qualifications:</b>

Singaporean - A minimum of 2 GCE A-level credits and 2 AO-level credits including General Paper, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic. GCE O-level holders with at least 5 credits including English, and relevant working experience may also apply.

Cheers

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

venue

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:58 am

Hi chai ching,
If I am not wrong, it will be held at Raffles City Convention Centre. Do lookout for it. My info might be wrong.

Cheers

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:14 am

sq_boy wrote:
blancD wrote:
karen87 wrote:hey pple!..
i am still studying in a local poly and hope to get a position as a sia cabin crew.But i am clueless abt when is the intake.update me any1? tnx u! :D
check www.singaporeair.com frequently
Hey there,
Lookout for the advert in this weekend's straits times. SIA will be advertising this weekend and next weekend will be the walk-in. Good luck to all those who are trying for the walk-in. It will be a great opportunity and remember to be there early because once you are cleared early, the subsequent rounds of interview will be carried out relatively fast as well.

Cheers
Does SIA accept private diploma? Anyone with private diploma got through?
And those with Poly Diploma, does SIA care about the GPA and CCA points?

Thanks.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: venue

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 1:03 pm

Oh ok can. Thank you so much for your revelant information! I will check it out tomorrow papers.
sq_boy wrote:Hi chai ching,
If I am not wrong, it will be held at Raffles City Convention Centre. Do lookout for it. My info might be wrong.

Cheers

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 1:05 pm

yup they do accept private diploma. as long you have the diploma, you can able to apply for it.
Matt10 wrote:
sq_boy wrote:
blancD wrote: check www.singaporeair.com frequently
Hey there,

Cheers

Thanks.

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 4:24 pm

Personally, I think that they accept only LOCAL DIPLOMA, if not, they won't need to specify in its advertisements. However, I remember coming across diploma from MDIS are accepted.

chai ching wrote:yup they do accept private diploma. as long you have the diploma, you can able to apply for it.
Matt10 wrote:
sq_boy wrote: Hey there,

Cheers

Thanks.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 4:29 pm

higgledy wrote:Personally, I think that they accept only LOCAL DIPLOMA, if not, they won't need to specify in its advertisements. However, I remember coming across diploma from MDIS are accepted.
Diploma in what for MDIS? What about other diploma from other private institute?

SIA take in any polytechnic diploma as poly students normally have common module like communication skills, character development etc.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:27 am

SIA will also be recruiting next end July according to someone inside...
i might be wrong though, so lets just wait and see
"City of Ang3Ls"

p3i86

Post by p3i86 » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:29 am

i think the recruitment drive is up....posted in the webbie....on july 1 and 2

redapple

SIA Walk-In (July)

Post by redapple » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 8:48 am

yeap!!
they advertised in 2dae's The Straits Time. Grab a copy or refer to this link:

http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/MAIN ... rderID=220

Hey guys n gers! this is it..

good luck~ :)
p3i86 wrote:i think the recruitment drive is up....posted in the webbie....on july 1 and 2

Rian

Post by Rian » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:23 am

Hhhm.. i understand that usually to go for the open days interview, guy have to wear business suit. Does it mean:

1. shirt, smart pants and tie?

2. shirt and smart pants?

or

3. blazer, shirt and smart pants (and tie)?

Can someone please kindly advise me with the attire please??

HELP!!!

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:26 am

Rian wrote:Hhhm.. i understand that usually to go for the open days interview, guy have to wear business suit. Does it mean:

or

HELP!!!
long sleeve shirt, pants and tie. You must show that you are serious about this and wearing a blazer is over-dressed unless you go for the 2nd round interview, i think. :wink:

Rian

Post by Rian » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:37 am

Thanks Matt10 for the advise.

Thank you ya!!!!

Matt10 wrote:
Rian wrote:Hhhm.. i understand that usually to go for the open days interview, guy have to wear business suit. Does it mean:

or

HELP!!!
long sleeve shirt, pants and tie. You must show that you are serious about this and wearing a blazer is over-dressed unless you go for the 2nd round interview, i think. :wink:

finicky

Post by finicky » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 4:52 pm

what is the difference between the walk-in and the one u have to send in ur resume?

for the walk-in, do u still have to go thru the 7 rounds? or they just sign u on the spot?

sorry i'm quite new to this forum. do guide me along. thanks a million! :)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 5:35 pm

finicky wrote:what is the difference between the walk-in and the one u have to send in ur resume?

for the walk-in, do u still have to go thru the 7 rounds? or they just sign u on the spot?

sorry i'm quite new to this forum. do guide me along. thanks a million! :)
normally sending in resumes meaning they've already shortlisted you for the criteria they expect you would have. As for walk-ins, anyone can just step in for the interview, however there would be alot more people or competition in a walk-in. Even if you do not fulfill the criteria, you can just try your luck, but be prepared to be booted out? Both interviews, you have to go through the normal rounds.
"City of Ang3Ls"