Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:14 am

Basic pay is not that much. Most of your pay will be from allowances.

How much u get paid depends on your fleet, which decides what kind of routes you will generally fly, which will influence the amount of allowances you get paid.

mayoliss

Thanks.

Post by mayoliss » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:22 am

Thanks so much for providing me these infos.

i would probably still stand a chance if I wear a pants there right? :-&

redhairclip

Post by redhairclip » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:59 am

mayoliss>>

even if u wear pants there, and u get to the 2nd round (kebaya rd), they will make u change into the kebaya. but no worries. so long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, they won't mind..

and interviews are usually held on one day. but sometimes they may make u go to STC on another day for the management round. hope this helps. :)

mayoliss

Thanks again.

Post by mayoliss » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 1:48 pm

Redhairclip,

Thanks for your information. I guess to make sure I would at least have the little percentage into the Kebaya round, I will have to wear a pants. :P

I have some scars and it is not very presentable for being a SIA CC. :(

Anyone knows when would be the months for the interview in Year 2010?

TIA!

black-rose

an interview?!

Post by black-rose » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 2:34 am

I've been around here fer about half a year now but I didnt register as I didnt feel the need to.
anyway, I have a friend who went to an interview fer cabin crew in the afternoon just now!

she said that she got shortlisted fer an interview. however she didnt expect that it's a cabin crew interview as she had initially applied fer hotel management line. the person who called her told her that instead of hotel management line, they decide to put her in the aviation line.
her interview today went well but actually, she didnt want it as she's not into aviation line.
(yes,lucky her. ppl like me wants it badly but are still waiting! :()

they called her back fer the final interview tomorrow.
does it mean that there are indeed interviews? probably they dont need alot of cabin crews to hold another round of interview?
anyone care to enlighten me? thank you! :)

mylollipophead

Post by mylollipophead » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 9:59 am

You mean she went for a SIA interview yesterday?? that's so surprising... :o

black-rose

Post by black-rose » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 1:54 pm

yes. it's SIA cabin crew interview. :???: Im in an SIA cabin crew forum, isnt it? :) I mean, I wouldnt be talking abt other airlines in an SIA cabin crew forum. hahaa. I didnt get a chance to talk to her more about it tho. but it seemed that she didnt have to go fer several rounds of interview. only one. panel of judges interviewed her with lots of qns and the final one today, which Im not even sure what it would be.:???:
or is this how it works when people are recommended? if thats the case, I want to be recommended to! save more time. ahahaa. :P

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 3:20 pm

duno
Last edited by aloyscious on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black-rose

Post by black-rose » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 3:23 pm

but she told me that was her first interview. she had never been to any of their interviews. hmm.. that is so weird. :???:

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 4:14 pm

perhaps its for the position of Cabin Crew Executive :)

humanrights

Re: an interview?!

Post by humanrights » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 5:28 pm

black-rose wrote:I've been around here fer about half a year now but I didnt register as I didnt feel the need to.
anyway, I have a friend who went to an interview fer cabin crew in the afternoon just now!

she said that she got shortlisted fer an interview. however she didnt expect that it's a cabin crew interview as she had initially applied fer hotel management line. the person who called her told her that instead of hotel management line, they decide to put her in the aviation line.
her interview today went well but actually, she didnt want it as she's not into aviation line.
(yes,lucky her. ppl like me wants it badly but are still waiting! :()

they called her back fer the final interview tomorrow.
does it mean that there are indeed interviews? probably they dont need alot of cabin crews to hold another round of interview?
anyone care to enlighten me? thank you! :)
Hi black rose, your friend who went for the interview is a fresh graduate looking for job?

black-rose

Post by black-rose » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 6:17 pm

:) aloyscious, cabin crew executive?!! hahaa. Im not too sure about that but I doubt so. she doesnt have any experience in flying. in order to be cabin crew executive, one needs to have experience being a cabin crew right? or.. am I wrong? btw, she's only 19 this year. (oh anyway, Im sorry I didnt reply ur pm. I cant. :()

and hello humanrights. :) she's not a fresh graduate. she'd quit poly during her 2nd year but she has more than 5 o level credits. Im just wondering if such things(the interview my friend had) actually exist.

cos it sounds too good to be true.

humanrights

Post by humanrights » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 7:52 pm

i see, blackrose :) . I was thinking maybe your friend got this interview thru a job agency and that's why SIA saw this resume and thought she could be a good candidate and would want her to give it a try. This may be one of the ways SIA recruit cc ?

The above comment is just a rough guess.

crealism

Post by crealism » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 9:34 pm

Thank you :)
Last edited by crealism on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 5:18 am

black-rose wrote::) aloyscious, cabin crew executive?!! hahaa. Im not too sure about that but I doubt so. she doesnt have any experience in flying. in order to be cabin crew executive, one needs to have experience being a cabin crew right? or.. am I wrong? ......

she's not a fresh graduate. she'd quit poly during her 2nd year but she has more than 5 o level credits.
There are many positions for Cabin Crew Executive, not all require flying experience. it depends on which department you apply for.

Minimum entry req. for CC now is still A-level right? I have not heard anyone who got into SQ CC thru your friend's method. You should ask your friend for more infor. especially on what position was she being interview for.