Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Sat, 12 May 2007 2:39 pm

veryscary wrote:Hi M, can I ask you a question? I have passed my final interview but they put my application on pending, the interviewers want me to polish up my pronunciation by taking up the english course, after that submit to them the cert few months later for them to review my application again without going through all the interviews. Can I ask how high is the chance to get in after submitting the english course cert?
Sorry for interrupting. The chance will depend on how well you perform (orally) after the english course with your cert. <-- just my opinion. :)
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sat, 12 May 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks NS~KBH, they told me I dont need to go for any interview or test. I just need to submit the cert to them and they will review the application.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Sat, 12 May 2007 6:16 pm

veryscary wrote:Thanks NS~KBH, they told me I dont need to go for any interview or test. I just need to submit the cert to them and they will review the application. They will not test me, they just want me to do something. :o
I think once you have submitted the cert. to them, they will pretend to call you up and maybe try to talk to you and to see if your english has improved. 8-)

That is my opinion only... I do NOT work for SIA or have any affiliations with SIA lah... I am their frequent traveller only lah... :wink:
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Sun, 13 May 2007 2:04 pm

12345 wrote:
ntyj wrote:hello m and 12345..

my bf got thru.. =p
only 3 out of 25 guys got axed...
im so happy now but worried for the mgmt..haha
Hi ntyj! Congrats to the both of u!!! :D I'm sure both of u r pretty happy and excited now. Hehe...

So when's his mgt? :)

ouiiiiiiiii im very happy indeed!..............im not very sure thou!

they say they will be sending out an email to inform of later dates for mgmt..........timetable tight for them..

eanswallow

Post by eanswallow » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:46 am

can any one explain more about the bond and the contract thingies???
if a malaysian stewardess how many year she will be bond and how long is the contract???
what is the different between bond and contract????
and what if we quit during bond or contract, how much we need to pay back to SIA????

thank u n sorry for so many question....... :lol:

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Tue, 15 May 2007 1:36 am

contract is like. employment contract. how long they're gonna employ you.

the bond is how long you must stay contracted to them, and you cannot resign during that period, if not there'll be a penalty for you to pay back.

for singaporeans, the bond is about 2 years and the contract, if i remember correctly, is 5 years. im not sure about malaysians.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

missy_a

SIA training

Post by missy_a » Tue, 15 May 2007 2:13 am

hihi,

i'm starting training on 6th Jun. Just wana ask if anyone is gonna be in the same batch as me??

Also, can anyone gives me a rough idea of wat to expect and expected of me during training??

Thanks in advance!!

hoshino

Post by hoshino » Tue, 15 May 2007 2:31 am

bLiss_ wrote:Hello ppl! I passed thru all the SIA interviews and will be commencing my training on the 24th May. I've been reading this forum alot, and it really helps! Just wanna drop by to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed here. Thanks ppl =) and to all of you who is going to give it a try, all the best! Be confident and smile alot =) dont worry about your body size, as i'm quite big-boned and i got lucky! Btw,anyone starting training on the 24th May? i'm from KL and it will be great if someone can show me around..hehe
hey bliss, when and where did you go for the interview and medical check-up? just wondering how long does the whole process take, from the interview till commencing training for a malaysian..

aezl

Post by aezl » Tue, 15 May 2007 10:34 am

Do u guys work while waiting for the interviews? cos i kinda find that it will be kind of look 'bad' to leave ur company when u just got in if u happen to get selected..

babyger

Post by babyger » Tue, 15 May 2007 1:03 pm

hey all, was wondering how do they actually promote you from wearing a blue kebaya to the red/green/brown ?? if u've worked for 5 years you get a chance to promote to be a leading FS if yr performance is good ??

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Tue, 15 May 2007 3:25 pm

aezl wrote:Do u guys work while waiting for the interviews? cos i kinda find that it will be kind of look 'bad' to leave ur company when u just got in if u happen to get selected..
Yah i do. In fact the HR pple encourage us not to quit our job 1st when still going for the many round of interview...

aezl

Post by aezl » Tue, 15 May 2007 9:12 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
aezl wrote:Do u guys work while waiting for the interviews? cos i kinda find that it will be kind of look 'bad' to leave ur company when u just got in if u happen to get selected..
Yah i do. In fact the HR pple encourage us not to quit our job 1st when still going for the many round of interview...
but lets say, if u are really very lucky and pass all of the interviews, by then u still have to leave your company.. also abit what rite? whats more some jobs would ask u to sign contract and all..like for years.. what do u think? or remain jobless status will be better?

Thanks for replying too =)

bellez

Re: SIA training

Post by bellez » Tue, 15 May 2007 10:13 pm

missy_a wrote:hihi,

i'm starting training on 6th Jun. Just wana ask if anyone is gonna be in the same batch as me??

Also, can anyone gives me a rough idea of wat to expect and expected of me during training??

Thanks in advance!!
hi, i m curious on when was ur mgmt interview ? I was waiting for the call...and its been a long long wait... :shock: my interview was on 8th May. hur hur hur

did they call you today ?

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Wed, 16 May 2007 1:00 am

eanswallow wrote:can any one explain more about the bond and the contract thingies???
if a malaysian stewardess how many year she will be bond and how long is the contract???
what is the different between bond and contract????
and what if we quit during bond or contract, how much we need to pay back to SIA????

thank u n sorry for so many question....... :lol:
It's also 2 yrs bond for M'sians. N that 2 yrs include ur training period of 4 months. The compensation u gotta pay if u quit would be around SGD 12-13k.

SIA Cabin Crew Gal

ntyj

Post by SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 16 May 2007 2:10 am

hi... r u under probation?