Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:52 pm

Question wrote:Umnn... Question... Are there any guys who has receive reply from SIA? Or this coming interview is only for the girls?
Question again... Since that most of the questions and answers posted on this forum concerns mostly on the "superb" beauty outlook.... as in facial looks and height and personality and lah lah lah... .. SOo, does all this apply to the guys too? Hope to receive somesort of favourable answers..

Perhaps not definitely so, but preferably of course. If you've been following the posts here you might have learnt that SIA place attitudes of crew and professionalism in top priority as well. Since beauty is clichéd-ly termed 'in the eyes of the beholder', SIA picks those whose features, grace/elegance, smile, overall physical/facial appearance are universally acceptable and thought pleasant. I do not speak on behalf (or anything remotely near that) of SIA but these answers are much more of common logical sense than what of PhD level.

As for the height issue, 158cm is 158cm. If the people there shortchange you and measure you shorter than what you really are, they are probably using this chance to rid you [be it they don't like the way you look/walk/talk/smile] - brutal to say but best put yourself in the company's shoes.

These are entirely based on my own opinions and they could be wholly wrong. After all that's said and done, if you get short listed for the interview, go. Being afraid and unconfident of your own height is bewildering, just go there and give it a shot.

Paige & Tori - best of luck girls! (=

Tori

Post by Tori » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 4:20 pm

Thanks shopaholic... But till now, no email frm SIA...

Well, guess i've just got to wait for the next recruitment then, cos it seems like they've completed sending out this batch's invitations.. :?

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 4:49 pm

Hi tori,

i'm like you.. still waiting for their email. it seems to me like no chance le. i am so sad.

when did you send in your mail? 17th right? I believe i read somewhere in the forum that you sent on that day. Me too. i sent in on the 17th afternoon. Now it seems to be 17th is a very unlucky day.

Dunno lah. How did you know they have finished sending out the invites?
:cry:

Tori wrote:Thanks shopaholic... But till now, no email frm SIA...

Well, guess i've just got to wait for the next recruitment then, because it seems like they've completed sending out this batch's invitations.. :?

Tori

Post by Tori » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 5:02 pm

Hi sad girl,

That's right, i sent in on the 17th.. Someone sent in on the 20th, got the invitation, but not the 17th, sigh... Next time, don't send in on the "17", hahaha... :lol:

BTW, i'm not too sure if they've finished sending out the invitations... But just that i got a "feel" cos it's already Thursday...

Well, in any case, let's gear up & await for next round of recruitment! :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 5:18 pm

Hi tori,

thanks for your encouragement. but i am very tired of waiting le. so sad. everyday looking at my email, there is nothing at all. my goodness.

why is it like that? have you went for the interview before?

Another recruitment? when will that be? :( :cry:
Tori wrote:Hi sad girl,

That's right, i sent in on the 17th.. Someone sent in on the 20th, got the invitation, but not the 17th, sigh... Next time, don't send in on the "17", hahaha... :lol:

BTW, i'm not too sure if they've finished sending out the invitations... But just that i got a "feel" because it's already Thursday...

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 5:20 pm

Hi tori, it's me sad girl. forgot to type in my user name
see lh, SQ makes me go crazy!
Anonymous wrote:Hi tori,

thanks for your encouragement. but i am very tired of waiting le. so sad. everyday looking at my email, there is nothing at all. my goodness.

why is it like that? have you went for the interview before?

Another recruitment? when will that be? :( :cry:

BTW, i'm not too sure if they've finished sending out the invitations... But just that i got a "feel" because it's already Thursday...

Anada

17th?

Post by Anada » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 5:37 pm

Hey, i sent on the 17th (Afternoon) too and did not get any replies.. ??

sad girl

Re: 17th?

Post by sad girl » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 5:54 pm

Hi

You send in on the 17th too? Haiz. doesn't it seem to you it is a terrible day?

i am so sad le

Anada wrote:

Hey, i sent on the 17th (Afternoon) too and did not get any replies.. ??

goh

Post by goh » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 6:38 pm

Hi girls, just got time read the forum. I also didnt received any email from SIA. Tori, Paige, please be patient and dont give up. Remember the last batch, they also sent out 1week plus b4 the date for the early date interview and the few days b4 the interview date. So still got hope till next week as i believe there will be another batch getting their mail soon 2morrow, monday to Wednesday. So, please dont give up!!!! Keep the spirit up.CHEER!!!!!!!

:o :o :o

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 9:23 pm

Seems like you guys who sent on the 17th all haven't received replies from them, so it could come one of these days. Have faith! Perhaps you guys can think it over, did you not meet any of the criteria?

M

Post by M » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:43 pm

Hmmmm.. hang in there. There are future recruitments, don't despair. :oops:

Post by Guest » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:00 pm

Hi, I would just like to find out, does anyone know if there are many cases of the stewardess' modesty being outraged? Cos the aisle is quite narrow...i'm afraid that some men would take the opportunity to "brush" against the stewardess...

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:07 pm

goh wrote:Hi girls, just got time read the forum. I also didnt received any email from SIA. Tori, Paige, please be patient and dont give up. Remember the last batch, they also sent out 1week plus b4 the date for the early date interview and the few days b4 the interview date. So still got hope till next week as i believe there will be another batch getting their mail soon 2morrow, monday to Wednesday. So, please dont give up!!!! Keep the spirit up.CHEER!!!!!!!

:o :o :o
Hi Goh,
Looks like we need some luck here for those who sent on the 17th! :p

Lovewhite

Post by Lovewhite » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:08 am

Was really surprised to receive interview invitation from SIA on 30 Jul 10.40am, sent to me today 21 Jul at about 1750hrs, I submitted my application on 20th Jun.. But the problem is I got to go on a business trip on 29 Jul! Arrgh!!!!! Just not fated, got to apply again.. :( Don't give up gals, SIA might have more invitations to send out..

Post by Guest » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:17 am

sia wrote:Well, all the same SIA was known for their 'pretty women' at least many years ago. It may be true there are some pretty models who can't clean toilets and wipe barf but that does not mean that plain ones will guarantee a job well done either . I'm sure there are pretty ones who can work. But I do appreciate SIA's effort in going for brains, good work attitude and not only beauty. But if all 3 factors can come in hand in such a line like this, all the better.
If all three factors come in line, then I will fight for the phone number hehe