Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xiao.xin_0223

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by xiao.xin_0223 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 2:23 pm

Anyone on June has received the call?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hellokitty54321

Post by hellokitty54321 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 2:40 pm

mouyok wrote:
hellokitty54321 wrote:Can i check if the medical check up include blood test as well? What do they test for?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Urine test, blood test, chest xray, eye test, hearing test, blood pressure. And doctor might ask u to take full spine xray IF he/she suspend u have scoliosis based on your chest xray.
Thanks!

Another question, how long does the full interview take if all the way to the last round ? If let's say I plan on going there at 8amish and start queuing . Will really appreciate the rough gauge I can get.

Ficklyz

Post by Ficklyz » Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:29 am

Hello everyone!
I went for the walk in interview on 14th July 2018.
Got kiv-ed due to pimples :( was wondering how long do they normally take to contact me back for a review? And if I fail the review again what will happen? Also.. Is there a cabin crew enquiry email address? Any help will be great now :( thank you!

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:44 am

hellokitty54321 wrote:
mouyok wrote:
hellokitty54321 wrote:Can i check if the medical check up include blood test as well? What do they test for?

Urine test, blood test, chest xray, eye test, hearing test, blood pressure. And doctor might ask u to take full spine xray IF he/she suspend u have scoliosis based on your chest xray.
Thanks!

Another question, how long does the full interview take if all the way to the last round ? If let's say I plan on going there at 8amish and start queuing . Will really appreciate the rough gauge I can get.

I went to the interview in Sg and I reached the hotel at 8:30 and got into Group 3. I finished everything and was able to leave to hotel around 11am. It was pretty fast tho

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:48 am

Ficklyz wrote:Hello everyone!
Got kiv-ed due to pimples :( was wondering how long do they normally take to contact me back for a review? And if I fail the review again what will happen? Also.. Is there a cabin crew enquiry email address? Any help will be great now :( thank you!
Hey :)
If you read back from the early posts in the thread, some people have been waiting for months till they call. And some people guarantee that they won’t forget us. So I guess it might be up to 2-3 months? I’m really not sure tho. And also I bet calling back for the review is the only chance they wanna see you fit enough for whatever reason it is for them to KIV you? Cus if you don’t make the condition of your skin better in months, they might assume that this will happen after you have started flying as well. They wanna see you take good care of yourself :D So if you fail it again I think they won’t want to waste time on it anymore but well it might depend on the occasion. I’m just guessing :-"

xnihilox

Post by xnihilox » Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:02 pm

Hey all,

After 4 months training, is there a break before starting real employment flying?

If yes, how long?

Thanks!

wildxlupine

Post by wildxlupine » Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:40 pm

xnihilox wrote:Hey all,

After 4 months training, is there a break before starting real employment flying?

If yes, how long?

Thanks!
Yes there's a break... of 1 day (:

nainaii

Post by nainaii » Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:40 am

wildxlupine wrote:

If yes, how long?

Thanks!
Which means for those that are starting their training soon will missed their CNY for the very first time. :(((

wildxlupine

Post by wildxlupine » Mon, 23 Jul 2018 9:32 pm

nainaii wrote:
wildxlupine wrote:

If yes, how long?

Thanks!
Which means for those that are starting their training soon will missed their CNY for the very first time. :(((
Well if you really want this job, you should have already done your research and would have known that you’ll be missing a lot of holidays and special occasions. If you’re so concerned about missing all your “important” occasions, I suggest you give this job a miss and apply for a desk bound job with fixed office hours (:

Rvrvrv

Post by Rvrvrv » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 2:13 am

Ficklyz wrote:Hello everyone!
This is their email [email protected]
You can email them to arrange for a review once you’re ready

ruben27

Post by ruben27 » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 1:57 pm

Hi guys.

I went for the medical check up on 16th july. And i was stated my availabilty on 20th aug onwards.. since they want us to start our training immediately.

Does anyone here gt the call/email/mail(postbox) fr joining training on mid of august?

Actually how they will contact us to inform our training date?

risebatplay

Post by risebatplay » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 3:45 am

Hi,

May I know what are they looking out for in the debate round? All the answers have been quite generic. I am sure they look out things like body language, how you talk, how you gesture?
I mean can anyone drill down to a science as to how to really pass this debate portion. I have twice progress to this round and have always failed to advance. I find a lot of smart people who have passed the interview. Would really appreciate some help. May also PM me as well. Thanks

aspringCC

Post by aspringCC » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 3:23 pm

Hi! I just got KIV-ed and was told to gain 3kg and clear my skin. Does anyone know what will happen if I fail the review?

sami13

Post by sami13 » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 7:47 pm

aspringCC wrote:Hi! I just got KIV-ed and was told to gain 3kg and clear my skin. Does anyone know what will happen if I fail the review?

Hi :) I was on KIV but because of my scars on face I couldn’t clear it. They put me on KIV again. So you have 2 chances. If you fail your 2nd KIV then your application gets rejected and you can apply again if you wish to but from the 1 st step. I hope I clear my 2nd review :???:

sami13

Post by sami13 » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 8:14 pm

Hi guys!
I’m scared I might faint at the medicals after blood test because I can’t stand the sight of my own blood. But I’m sure my blood reports will be fine as I have done many tests before. Do you think they will reject me because of my fainting problem?