Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 6:33 pm

coolshadow wrote:Hello BlancD,

Nope I'm not a crew.. working towards becoming one though. What makes you think im one anyway?? :D
maybe your good looks entice me.. lolx :lol:
well just asking tho... :wink:
"City of Ang3Ls"

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 8:24 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:Hi,

We need to submit softcopies of the required photographs at the emirates site ya? In the e- application form, I was prompted to upload the photographs before I can click on "Submit".

Actually I've asked this question twice, once in the "Emirates" thread and once here. But there has been no answer so far, acks. Should we continue this discussion to the relevant thread since this is the "SIA" one?
Hey Lindy,

Yes you willl have to upload 1 full length photograph and another passport sized one if i remember correctly. If this is not done, you will not be able to submit your online application. I had the same encounter and it was only after I uploaded the photos that i could submit the application. Hope this will help iron out your doubts. :)

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 8:30 pm

blancD wrote:

Nope I'm not a crew.. working towards becoming one though. What makes you think im one anyway?? :D
Hey blancD,

Thank you, im taking that as a compliment. lol. :lol: Anyway, are you not joining in the EK open day?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 8:42 pm

coolshadow wrote:
blancD wrote:

Hey blancD,

Thank you, im taking that as a compliment. lol. :lol: Anyway, are you not joining in the EK open day?
uhmm.. nah, not this time, maybe another? i wish you good luck tho ya! all the best!
"City of Ang3Ls"

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 8:47 pm

blancD wrote:
coolshadow wrote:
blancD wrote: maybe your good looks entice me.. lolx :lol:
Hey blancD,

uhmm.. nah, not this time, maybe another? i wish you good luck tho ya!
all the best!
Thanks!! Its quite a pity that you will be giving this a miss. Guess EK will be missing one nice bubbly person to hire. :wink: \

Anyway do you happen to have msn?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:59 am

coolshadow wrote:
blancD wrote:
coolshadow wrote: Hey blancD,

uhmm.. nah, not this time, maybe another? i wish you good luck tho ya!
all the best!
Thanks!! Its quite a pity that you will be giving this a miss. Guess EK will be missing one nice bubbly person to hire. :wink: \

yeah i do... being bubly doesnt mean they'll hire me dude! :lol:
i think emirates has nice steward uniforms tho..
cheers! do keep us all updated on your interview!
"City of Ang3Ls"

velvet

Results & training date

Post by velvet » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 1:47 am

Hi der,

any one from july intake but yet to rec call from SIA?
cos i went for my check up a mth ago and am still waiting...

heard many gers were informed ald...

:(

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 1:59 am

coolshadow wrote:

We need to submit softcopies of the required photographs at the emirates site ya? In the e- application form, I was prompted to upload the photographs before I can click on "Submit".

Actually I've asked this question twice, once in the "Emirates" thread and once here. But there has been no answer so far, acks. Should we continue this discussion to the relevant thread since this is the "SIA" one?
Hey Lindy,

Yes you willl have to upload 1 full length photograph and another passport sized one if i remember correctly. If this is not done, you will not be able to submit your online application. I had the same encounter and it was only after I uploaded the photos that i could submit the application. Hope this will help iron out your doubts. :)
Thank you! Did you take your executive shots at a photographer who provides a makeover session as well? Many shops I enquired at needed about 7 days for the photos to be ready, and the packages that come with basic make-up and hairstyling are rather costly. But I guess I'd end up paying for a package...

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 2:10 am

blancD wrote:
coolshadow wrote:
blancD wrote: uhmm.. nah, not this time, maybe another? i wish you good luck tho ya!
all the best!

yeah i do... being bubly doesnt mean they'll hire me dude! :lol:
i think emirates has nice steward uniforms tho..
cheers! do keep us all updated on your interview!
Yep of course I wasnt refering to a definite employment becoz of your bubbly nature, but it definitely adds on to your persona. Im pretty sure they are looking for genuinely happy people to provide the best service from within. :)

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 2:15 am

lindyhoppe wrote:
coolshadow wrote:

Hey Lindy,

Thank you! Did you take your executive shots at a photographer who provides a makeover session as well? Many shops I enquired at needed about 7 days for the photos to be ready, and the packages that come with basic make-up and hairstyling are rather costly. But I guess I'd end up paying for a package...
Hi Lindy,

I went to a studio to have the full length photo taken. But its more like a bridal studio where there isnt any makeover. Just you as you are. :)

Anyway it took them about 5 days to have the photo ready for collection. Not too bad i will say. :D

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:29 am

baby Jr, gliny.

Halo are you guys still here? Any news??

Update me in msn or pm ok?

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 4:48 pm

hi koko, i've pm u.

*just some info;
Ladies and Gentlemen, those who wants join the next SQ walk in recruitment drive ..Be sure to look out for ST classifieds on the 19th aug. It's time to start preparing yourselves. Read through the past post for any doubts. You will find them all here. Good luck.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 9:45 pm

coolshadow wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote:
coolshadow wrote: Hey Lindy,

Hi Lindy,

I went to a studio to have the full length photo taken. But its more like a bridal studio where there isnt any makeover. Just you as you are. :)

Anyway it took them about 5 days to have the photo ready for collection. Not too bad i will say. :D
look whois getting married man :lol:
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 9:51 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:
coolshadow wrote:

Hey Lindy,

u can always negotiate with the photographers for less photos. anyways try not to go to bridal studios, more expensive and sometimes they touch up ALOT! haha... well good luck!
"City of Ang3Ls"

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:36 pm

blancD wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote:
coolshadow wrote: Hey Lindy,

u can always negotiate with the photographers for less photos. anyways try not to go to bridal studios, more expensive and sometimes they touch up ALOT! haha... well good luck!
Hey BlancD,

Waasup with that dude??!! :) Its a fact that the bridal studio i went to didnt do much touch ups. And over here, if there isnt any need for make ups and dress ups, the cost is actually relatively minimal.

Well, like i said, im juz trying to help whoever has asked for opinions. So will u please don't try to mislead them this way. Haha.. *sighz*