Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 8:37 pm

malik wrote:tmr's my pre-employment briefing, any idea do we need to be in formal or can go casual? tnx
smart casual preferred. no hot shorts, mini skirts or anything clubbing materials. don't forget, there are eyes in STC looking at you. Esp newbies..
*smile always

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:04 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
malik wrote:tmr's my pre-employment briefing, any idea do we need to be in formal or can go casual? tnx
smart casual preferred. no hot shorts, mini skirts or anything clubbing materials. don't forget, there are eyes in STC looking at you. Esp newbies..

hello ...
i jus did my medical check up today . happened to malik and ur entry and realised i wasnt informed of any pre employment briefing . do u tink there's anything wrong ?

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:17 pm

hi malik ... me now abit worried . jus wondering if u put down dat u could start work immediately or 1 mth notice ? i put one mth notice ... is dat y they didnt inform me of the pre employment briefing ... oh gosh .. i kinda scared now ... btw ur name looks familiar. were u in the tues afternoon 2 plus slot for the final management interview ?

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:24 pm

jellybean08 wrote:
hi malik ... me now abit worried . jus wondering if u put down dat u could start work immediately or 1 mth notice ? i put one mth notice ... is dat y they didnt inform me of the pre employment briefing ... oh gosh .. i kinda scared now ... btw ur name looks familiar. were u in the tues afternoon 2 plus slot for the final management interview ?
hi jellybean, dont be worried. i didnt have any pre employment briefing, cos my management round was done at STC as they didnt have enough time on the day of the walk in. so they told us to bring our bank account and documents along for the interview. so after we got through management, they brief us immediately. tell us about the bond and such. and we also filled in all the necessary employment forms. did that happen to you too? if so, you have already been through the briefing =)

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:27 pm

jiakel wrote:
jellybean08 wrote:
hi jellybean, dont be worried. i didnt have any pre employment briefing, cos my management round was done at STC as they didnt have enough time on the day of the walk in. so they told us to bring our bank account and documents along for the interview. so after we got through management, they brief us immediately. tell us about the bond and such. and we also filled in all the necessary employment forms. did that happen to you too? if so, you have already been through the briefing =)
Pre Employment Briefing is for those who went for the walk in. At one shot, they will just brief everyone once they have finished medical.

For those who did their management interview at STC, if you get in, you will stay behind. Either Sheryn or whoever will brief you. From there, you will go for medical. After medical, they will then call you for the training.
:)
*smile always

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:39 pm

jiakel wrote:
jellybean08 wrote:

hi gers ... thanks so much for reply ... prob y i m so worried is dat i hafen received briefing of any form at all . my interview was done at STC on tues and i was told i was in and i was passed a form to go paragon for medical check up . besides i hab a hunch i know malik and we were there on the same afternoon .. so i m kinda wondering y there's a pre employment briefing and i haven got any at all . no one has told me anything abt contract and stuff ...reallie appreciate u gers reply .. thanks thanks :) :)

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:41 pm

lynnburp, cause by july, it will marked my 1year of trying. Im not young liao. :shock: Need to go back to hairdressing before I get too old. Whhaaha! But before July, I will not give up. you Jia You as well. See you during the recruitment.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

malik

Post by malik » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:44 pm

jellybean08 wrote:
hi, nope i did my management on sunday itself. i wrote 1 months as for notice too. no worries, ppl who passed the management wif me got their pre-employment briefings on diff dates.cheers

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:58 pm

Passenger of Titanic attending 27th April.

1)llentimes
2)caryssa
3)shiniestar
4)snowss
5)lynnburp
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:09 pm

malik wrote:
jellybean08 wrote:
hi, nope i did my management on sunday itself. i wrote 1 months as for notice too. no worries, ppl who passed the management wif me got their pre-employment briefings on diff dates.cheers

oic .. i tot u were someone dat got in frm my tues batch ... silly me .. scared myself ... thanks everyone :) :) :)

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:42 pm

yes summer... i was so erm... haiz... not much guys went thru except for those with degree... i guess they are being very picky towards guy and taking those with degree... i maybe wrong but to my knowledge dats the fact for this 16 March as the amount of ppl who turned up for the recruitment was super low... which group u in? im in group 3[/quote]

Dear Zept
I failed my management on Feb24 so I was banned from attending the interview for 3 months.I did not go for the march interview cos I decided to wait after my ban.So for march intake,there werent a lot of guys attending the interview?if so,SIA is still picky as usual huh....They never say anything pertaining the 3 months ban to you?

mic83
Regular
Regular

Post by mic83 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:01 pm

hi,i'm new here. can i check for SIA interview i heard now they take candidate with private school diploma? is it true?

can some1 pls tell me.

dream_gal

private school diploma

Post by dream_gal » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:25 pm

mic83 wrote:hi,i'm new here. can i check for SIA interview i heard now they take candidate with private school diploma? is it true?

can some1 pls tell me.
hi i have a friend grad from Shatec and with some customer service background and she got in. hope this help

mic83
Regular
Regular

Post by mic83 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:47 pm

Thank Dream gal for your information.
I just wonder MDIS is it recongnise by them...

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Thu, 20 Mar 2008 1:09 am

Sokeai wrote:If i recall correctly, they will look at your "O"s if you're holding a private diploma. You can try during April's interview and see if they say anything :)
Mine from local diploma, Temasek poly but i onli have 4 O levels....Coz my course required less than 5 credits of Os' as its part time basis...u think they allow tat??