Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
poppinchampagne

Post by poppinchampagne » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:05 pm

rusheade wrote:
poppinchampagne wrote:
rusheade wrote: Thanks Gary,

I called up another no. Venie gave me yesterday to look for the officer in charge. She told me she tried calling me this morning and also about my availability.
I told her about the same reason as you and got back the reply that I have to appeal by writing in. If its unsuccesful, i'd have to start on 16th Jan'08 too.

sigh..there goes my bonus.

But i'm glad i got thru!!! :wink:
hey jenn,
its rusheade,not gary.guess i messed up the quote part.haha.aniways,gd luck wit the write in.if not,ill c u on 16th jan den.hehe! ps.aniways,did u email or write in?

i've decided to forgo my bonus, can earn it back in any long haul flights next time. hahaha...didnt know i was this optimistic. neways, i'll still write in to appeal..=)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:14 pm

salvana wrote:wahahah... btw, wat shirt were u wearing?
gheez... when our names were called, i still managed to ask the gal beside me.... wah.. .so many names called... is dat a good or bad sign? and the gal say shld b good ba... they wun b eliminating so many of u all.... wahhaha... who knows.....

i almost couldn't believe it....

btw, the gal and guy sat beside me passed, and they had the same interviewer as us....

So sorry to hear that salvana and Togo... Wonder why they decided to eliminate so many this time round? The passing rate seems low according to what you all wrote. :shock:

Don't be too affect k, perhaps the next one (hopefully in Jan!) we will all get through together. :wink:
And so my journey begins... :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:20 pm

xanngac wrote:
gheez... when our names were called, i still managed to ask the gal beside me.... wah.. .so many names called... is dat a good or bad sign? and the gal say shld b good ba... they wun b eliminating so many of u all.... wahhaha... who knows.....

btw, the gal and guy sat beside me passed, and they had the same interviewer as us....

So sorry to hear that salvana and Togo... Wonder why they decided to eliminate so many this time round? The passing rate seems low according to what you all wrote. :shock:

Don't be too affect k, perhaps the next one (hopefully in Jan!) we will all get through together. :wink:
thanks,xangac.
yupe,i'll go in jan again.... dun care abt dat ban thingy... since they neva mention at all...
Dreams Do Come True

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:23 pm

salvana wrote:
xanngac wrote:

thanks,xangac.
yupe,i'll go in jan again.... dun care abt dat ban thingy... since they neva mention at all...
Haha yah I don't think they will be bothered to check when was the last interview you attended when they have so much paperwork coming in during the interview period. :P

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:26 pm

yupe....
if i go at least i can still hope for a lil' bit of chance.....
if not, mean totally no chance....
Dreams Do Come True

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:31 pm

Absolutely! If you can get to mgmt round, it shows that you have what it takes to be a cabin crew. :) Still have pple like ben-ying and I, still trying haha, so you're not alone. :wave:

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:41 pm

thank u very much, xangac...
dat's wat i told missy_ee as well... wahahha.... :D

we all together do it once again,k.

let's hope for D date to b announced for the Jan's interview.
Dreams Do Come True

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:45 pm

Haha yes let's do it together and pass it together! :) Hopefully will hear some good news on the next recruitment soon. Meanwhile we can prepare ourselves for the possible questions they will ask hee. :wink:

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:46 pm

poppinchampagne wrote:
rusheade wrote:[sigh..there goes my bonus.

But i'm glad i got thru!!! :wink:
hmm, ru getting ur bonus in december or jan?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:04 pm

msfifi wrote:anyone with tips for the interview, specifically the kebaya round? i've failed thrice at kebaya round. i have a chubby face, does that affect the outcome?
a cabin crew fren toe me that they were looking for arse. haha.. but i was booted out at the kebaya round with another gal on 1 dec too.. we were the 2 out of 10, and we walked the fastest.

since every gal who walked the slowest got in, i guess they're looking for poise n elegance?

i probabaly appeared nervous and cant wait to get it done when i was walkin fast. haha

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Am really a newbie to this forum, but all the people here seem to be very helpful and friendly and never the less the devotion to succeed! Especially Venie, really congrat her.

by the way, anyone here went through the 1 to 1 but still waiting for the mgmt round call? i got 2 missed calls yesterday, but they never call me back since then..any advice?

missy_ee

Post by missy_ee » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:12 pm

salvana wrote:thank u very much, xangac...
dat's wat i told missy_ee as well... wahahha.... :D

we all together do it once again,k.

let's hope for D date to b announced for the Jan's interview.
Salvana,
dun be sad, haf an early night and u will feel better tomorrow...tat is wat i did on mon... :D
count me in for Jan interview ya...Cheers...

Zenpaki

Post by Zenpaki » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:16 pm

garychien wrote:hihi.. anyone startin on the 2nd of jan...?

i got my call this morning.. over the moon now..

anyway good luck to the rest...

cheers

hey im also starting 2nd jan xD

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:42 pm

O2 Zinc wrote:Hi all,

Am really a newbie to this forum, but all the people here seem to be very helpful and friendly and never the less the devotion to succeed! Especially Venie, really congrat her.

by the way, anyone here went through the 1 to 1 but still waiting for the mgmt round call? i got 2 missed calls yesterday, but they never call me back since then..any advice?
hey, me too! i passed 1-1 on last friday.. missed 4calls on monday n tuesday.. today no call from them.. sigh..

O2 Zinc

Post by O2 Zinc » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:59 pm

starrynitezz wrote:
O2 Zinc wrote:Hi all,

hey, me too! i passed 1-1 on last friday.. missed 4calls on monday n tuesday.. today no call from them.. sigh..
really? there were 4 of us there, all guys. we all passed the 1 to 1, but they all received the call and going for mgmt on this friday, made me really really sad and stressed!!