Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:27 am

Eneres wrote:Hi,

How do you know abt the 24th Feb interview? Information is not on SIA's website yet. Does that means there is no write in for Feb? Thanks in Advance! :)
Eneres: Most probably no write in for feb =D anyway.. Jia you kkz?? =D hopefully can get ur good news on that day...

I will join u all in a few months time =D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:47 am

cutiebutie wrote:
mimidee wrote:yingying2888:

oh oh oh i see! not a very big issue there tho!

hope they wont be so strict with my backy back back tooooooooo!
You have a hairy back?
HAHAHAHA NO I DONT! omg, so funny.

my right shoulder blade is more prominent than the left. :?

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:58 am

mimidee wrote:
cutiebutie wrote:
mimidee wrote:yingying2888:

oh oh oh i see! not a very big issue there tho!

hope they wont be so strict with my backy back back tooooooooo!
You have a hairy back?
HAHAHAHA NO I DONT! omg, so funny.

my right shoulder blade is more prominent than the left. :?
A hunchback then? :o

(hehe, just kidding. I am sure if you stand straight and slightly correct your posture it will be fine. Unless you look like Quasimodo, of course. :lol: )
- Thank God for Darwin -

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:04 am

onee wrote:hi people.

i pop by singapore airlines website.
under careers.
theres is this customer service officer position. and they stated it as PARTTIME/FULLTIME.

i was wondering do they offer part time positions to polytechnic undergraduates, for e.g, for vacation jobs and freelance. i've ticketing n reservation background, so, hoping to gain more experience as a CSO with SIA, before i try for Cabincrew after i graduated.

hope to hear from u guys soon!
thanks!
CSO is not under SIA its with SATS.....
Go to Sats.com.sg :-|

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:17 am

cutiebutie wrote: A hunchback then? :o
(hehe, just kidding. I am sure if you stand straight and slightly correct your posture it will be fine. Unless you look like Quasimodo, of course. :lol: )
i only look slightly hunch when u look me on the right side but not on the left u see... well, hope i can squeeze thru the kebaya round on the 24th. i dont want to be booted out again!

:oops:

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:42 am

mimidee wrote:
cutiebutie wrote: A hunchback then? :o
i only look slightly hunch when u look me on the right side but not on the left u see... well, hope i can squeeze thru the kebaya round on the 24th. i dont want to be booted out again!

:oops:
Hello, y not try wearing a kind of back support, i remb seeing it at lingerie shops before, its suppose to straighten your back and give u a good posture. Maybe such support can force one side of your hunch down (haha...like punching it down ). You can achieve a good posture in such a way. I believe it will help your posture which will be appealling, even not for SIA. :wink:

All the best for 24th! I will also be trying, but still dunno what to do about my scarring... =( Y must it be a depression that cannot be concealled using make up...

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:46 am

i also have some scars which CAN be concealed budden the strong light, dono will emphasis rather than hide not...

nvm nvm. lets all just try okay.
you'l never know unless we try ! hee!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:04 pm

Concealer can do wonders if you know the exact method of doing it and using the right product.

I strongly recommend Shu Uemura cosmetics as their foundation and concealer are mainly created for Asian skin. I'm currently using Shu Uemura cream foundation + base control + concealer.

The tip to conceal well the flaws would be to use brush or q-tip to do the precise concealing. If you do not have a brush, you can use your ring finger to do the concealing and do lightly dab instead of pressing hard.

For makeup tips, feel free to drop me an e-mail :D

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:08 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Just got back from pre-employment briefing and I can say that not all the girls/boys recruited has flawless skin. I've spotted a few girls that have ance scar and chicken pox indentation scar. Some were really quite bad and obvious :(

I do believe that to pass kebaya + skin check interview, you do not need to have flawless skin so long you are able to conceal your flaws well and have confidence when they questioned you, you should be able to get through.

Luck also has a part in the selection so it depends on the interviewers themselve whether are you the one they are looking for. If you find your flaws unappealing, you should consider getting them fixed as not only it makes you feel confident, it also is a fix that will last for a long time.

p/s: I'll be updating my blog on a daily basis to help those who are preparing for 24 Feb 2008 walk in interview. Cheers!
Joyce, thanks for your advice =) U are like our lady chief! true that some have not flawless skin but manage to get thru, but with make up, most scar can be concealed, unless its a raised (keloid) scar or a depression scar.

Which skin check lady accessed you last time? Lady in pink? Heard she is the chief in charge for all the stewardess- grooming... She not very strict right? She was pretty nice and friendly.

Pinkdolly

Post by Pinkdolly » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:27 pm

Hi, can I check how long is the bond for sq cabin crew?

Luc85

Post by Luc85 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:37 pm

Pinkdolly wrote:Hi, can I check how long is the bond for sq cabin crew?
Contract = 5 years
Bond = 22 months

That's mean u r free to leave after 22 months, if u complete the contract of 5 years, u will get a gratuity lump sum.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:45 pm

Hey just wondering, i heard that they will check your height again at skin check, is it true? After changing out and everything or in the kebaya?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:45 pm

I was accessed by the lady interviewer that wore a pink top and black leggings. She was very nice and soft spoken. She mentioned she recognised me from the last attempt whereby I had short hair. I explained to her my intention of keeping long hair while having extension on to temporarily hide the short hair. She seems satisfied with my answer :D

For girls sporting a short haircut, it is alright as I saw one girl who was recruited had short hair! So no worries but for my case, I was sort of hinted that long hair would be suitable to my face.

Cheers!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:46 pm

Akiheartfelt: During kebaya + skin check, they will check your height and weight before you try on the kebaya. The scales there are alittle off whereby you may be measured shorter by 1-2cms from your actual height.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:56 pm

Ya i know the first scale before Self-intro was off too. Pfffffffft!! I should think of how to puff my hair up to make up for it... yingying said her friend used to tiptoe haha but i feel bad cheating lol

Actually i wonder why they never noticed their scale is obviously off? Perhaps it's on purpose :?