Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
MrNewman

Post by MrNewman » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:21 am

lingg wrote:MrNewMan, u r not a chinese right??? Correct me if i'm wrong
Hello there. I'm chinese. Don't worry, you're not the first one to ask me that question :)

Oh and fyi, newman is my real name.

blurcase

Post by blurcase » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:34 am

Hey all... I am from JB... I want to go penang for the interview!! But I never go to penang before...
Anyone alone going?

Can I join ur group?

:wink:

pls mail me or reply me on the thread ya...

[email protected]

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 1:22 pm

namron02 wrote:
yellowpig wrote:Hi all,

im just wondering if lets say my last exam paper is on May.. but i will only receive my cert end of the year (ard october), can i still go for the march walk in ? i know you can go 3 mths before u graduate.. but im not sure if they need to see our certificates !

TIA !! :D
They will need to see your certificates. My friend's group, only him and another guy got through the 1st round. After that, they need to validate their certs which this other guy didn't have. He was graduating soon and would receive the certs soon but they didn't let him through. He then asked if he can come back with the certs next recruitment and go straight to round 2 and was also told that it's not possible.

I suggest you get your certs first before going. Don't worry, heard there'll be a number of recruitments this year.
Hey! sorry but I think it is possible...A number of my friends are graduating in May and they have jst gotten the call confirming their acceptance into SQ..they have gone for the january interview.

According to most cases, 3 mths before your graduation is ideal to go for the interview.

Anyway say for instance if yours is a local diploma/degree it doesnt really matter for them to see your cert because for most poly/uni students, their O-levels should've already had a mininum credit of five passes(L1R4/L1R5) or the A -level cert. Which is the minimum requirements by SIA according to their cabin crew job description at their website..

Unless you don't have 5 O-level/A-level to back you up and is pursuing a private diploma/degree thn maybe its safer to go for the recruitment only when you've attained your cert.

hope it helps! :)

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 1:54 pm

Unless you don't have 5 O-level/A-level to back you up and is pursuing a private diploma/degree thn maybe its safer to go for the recruitment only when you've attained your cert.

hope it helps! :)[/quote]

Hi,what about private diplomas??I mean which cert does SQ really recognised??There's alot of institude out there :roll:

wennie

Post by wennie » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 4:49 pm

hi kristine, im interested to go for the interview too but im currently doing my final semester in usm.will be finish the study in May,but the problem is i hv to go for an internship after my study until july.then my convo is on aug and i will get my cert. so may i go for the interview in this feb?

another question is, does the outlook really very important to make us pass for the interview session? i hv a pair of rabbit teeth and quite worry bout that... hope to get some advice from you.

thank you very much n hope to hear from you soon =)
Last edited by wennie on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorority Life

Post by Sorority Life » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I am a newbie here.. Apologzie if my question is a repeated questions.
Is it true that the chance for people in age group 28 to 29 are very low? In fact it is almost no chance anymore?

Thanks a lot all!

:)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 5:18 pm

Sorority Life wrote:Hi all,

Is it true that the chance for people in age group 28 to 29 are very low? In fact it is almost no chance anymore?

Thanks a lot all!

I have people at my talks who passed all the interviews and be recruited at age 27 and 28.
Last edited by sstan123 on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wennie

Post by wennie » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 5:23 pm

hi caryssa, my dear senior..juz saw ur msg but i cant reply cuz im juz registered n need more post to activate that features. my msn n fb is wenk325@hotmail. feel free to add me n give me some tips there =)

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 5:48 pm

girlzz wrote:Unless you don't have 5 O-level/A-level to back you up and is pursuing a private diploma/degree thn maybe its safer to go for the recruitment only when you've attained your cert.

Hi,what about private diplomas??I mean which cert does SQ really recognised??There's alot of institude out there :roll:[/quote]

hey girlzz, im not too sure about that but i do know that one of those that qualifies is MDIS. ;)

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 6:22 pm

sstan123 wrote:
Sorority Life wrote:Hi all,

Thanks a lot all!

I have people at my talks who passed all the interviews and be recruited at age 27 and 28.
Luke is right, in fact one of my batch girl was 27 when she started training. I guess it all depends on how you present yourself and the way you answer your questions. ^^

----

wennie,

I couldn't see your fb picture so I cannot comment. But then again.. this is all up to individual preception. I mean.. I might feel its not so serious but the interviewer might feel so. Alternatively, I might feel its unlikely that you'll make it but then again.. the interviewer might think otherwise.

and that would not be fair for you if i stop you from going right ?

a girl is at her best when she is confident and you must think so too yourself. How can you convince others that you are the one they are looking for when you yourself is not confident about yourself. If you think you deserve a shot... go for it... just be sure to prepare yourself well alright ? ... and don't forget to smile... that's where charm and personality radiates...

You'll never know...

After all, dreams are worth fighting for ain't it ? and even if you do not make it... you know you've done your best... you don't want to look back in life on the "if only" or "what if"...

hope this helps

Kristine
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

lingg

Post by lingg » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 6:31 pm

MrNewman wrote:
lingg wrote:MrNewMan, u r not a chinese right??? Correct me if i'm wrong
Hello there. I'm chinese. Don't worry, you're not the first one to ask me that question :)

Oh and fyi, newman is my real name.
Oh ok.. Cos i thought u r this one guy i met on the 10th jan, e final rd. U sounds like him, tink he's either grp 2 or 3..

kelsen83

Post by kelsen83 » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:00 pm

crunkbabee wrote:
girlzz wrote:Unless you don't have 5 O-level/A-level to back you up and is pursuing a private diploma/degree thn maybe its safer to go for the recruitment only when you've attained your cert.

Hi,what about private diplomas??I mean which cert does SQ really recognised??There's alot of institude out there :roll:
hey girlzz, im not too sure about that but i do know that one of those that qualifies is MDIS. ;)[/quote]

Hi there,

I have a friend who got in despite having only e SPM cert n a couple of years of work experience. She speaks n carries herself v well tho. Joined in year 2007 so i'm not sure how have things changed since. =)

Sorority Life

Post by Sorority Life » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:52 pm

Thank u, CabinCrewKristine
and Luke.

A lot of my friends said that SIA prefer young girls than those already in their 20... :(

barney88

Post by barney88 » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 1:42 pm

Seeyan: I can't reply your pm cuz I'm new and I have yet to reach the post limit. Will get back to you soon:)
Anyone knows nice And not too expensive hotel to stay in penang which nearby the walk in interview place? :)

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 1:45 pm

barney88 wrote:Seeyan: I can't reply your pm cuz I'm new and I have yet to reach the post limit. Will get back to you soon:)
Anyone knows nice And not too expensive hotel to stay in penang which nearby the walk in interview place? :)
You may try the apartment behind Evergreen Hotel, name Good Hope Inn. It's cheaper there. The interview venue is the expensive area. :)
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!