Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: color blindness

Post by M » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 8:59 pm

colorblind wrote:hi, does anyone know whether color blindness is crucial for cabin crew during the medical checkup? i'm worried......
They will check and if you fail that section, it's probably over. :o

xiangzhou_1984

Re: color blindness

Post by xiangzhou_1984 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 9:27 pm

colorblind wrote:hi, does anyone know whether color blindness is crucial for cabin crew during the medical checkup? i'm worried......
Sorry to have to inform you that colour blindness is a critical component in the medical.

xiaoyine

Post by xiaoyine » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 9:49 pm

hihi i am a girl who wants to be an air stewardess...
May i know how did u guys find out about the sunday interview? Was in the newspapers? Like classified? and where did you go on sunday for the interview? Changi Airport:P?

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:02 am

M, thanks so much for the info. I got one more question, do you think they will kick out many guys in water confidence test? They will reject the man who is too thin or too fat or with a big tummy? They only choose well-built guys and muscular guys?

Hero83

Post by Hero83 » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:23 am

veryscary wrote:M, thanks so much for the info. I got one more question, do you think they will kick out many guys in water confidence test? They will reject the man who is too thin or too fat or with a big tummy?
I have a friend who has tummy (non-sporty type) and he is happily flying with SIA for more than 2 years already. And the other two who are very fit didn't pass the water confidence round. I guess they have scars on their legs/back.

Good luck!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 5:02 am

veryscary wrote:M, thanks so much for the info. I got one more question, do you think they will kick out many guys in water confidence test? They will reject the man who is too thin or too fat or with a big tummy? They only choose well-built guys and muscular guys?
I would say slim is still fine but bulky might be rejected but it really depends. SIA doesn't need brawns and no brainers. 8-)

mayfair

Post by mayfair » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 8:15 am

xiaoyine-

the job advertisements can be located at their website and usually Saturdays' classified.

Alternatively you can follow this forum closely as there will be much discussion prior to every walk in.

Interviews are usually held in Hotels the most recent was in Sheraton.

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular

Post by Dreamer Intrinsic » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 7:06 pm

Check out their website frequently yeah.... :)

xiaoyue, read up all the other threads too to UP ur information.

Basically almost everything u wanna know is here. Somewhere. :)
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks again M, not sure how many people they will choose in the water confidence test. I think many guys are going for that round.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:37 pm

veryscary wrote:Thanks again M, not sure how many people they will choose in the water confidence test. I think many guys are going for that round.
Casualty rate is low, no worries. Unless you have huge huge tattoos. :)

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 7:58 pm

M, again, thanks so much. I have passed the water-confidence test. Waiting for the final round now.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xiaoyine

Post by xiaoyine » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:09 am

hi thanks for you information!;)
May i know if small scars from cuts and scar from injection(BCG) are not approved of? Why do they care about the scar when they are at areas where they will definitely be covered once you put on the uniform?Thanks

missy_a

Post by missy_a » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 1:55 pm

veryscary wrote:M, again, thanks so much. I have passed the water-confidence test. Waiting for the final round now. Any advise for me? Or roughly what kind of question they are going to ask?
they will ask qns to know more about u personally so it varies from everyone.. qns such as ur past job experiences, y u leave the job, y u wana join SQ, y u wana be FSS/FS, etc...

jus relax n be urself!! dun get so tensed up n things will be fine!!

good luck!! :)

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:14 pm

Hi to all

Ive been reading this forum lately, n have found it to be very useful esp those experience u gals have gone through n e tips. :D

One question, i aspire to be one but i only have N-Level cert and after that i went to SHATEC n got into Cert. in F&B, currently doing my diploma in hotel management was wondering do they take in N-level as in is there any exceptions or strictly minimum requirement is o-level or diploma. If so, in 2009 when i grad with e SHATEC diploma isit recognised coz i saw from this forum that they don accept private diploma.. :o
I wanna be one

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:30 am

missy_a, thank you so much for the info. I will definitely think about the questions you told me, and do the preparation. :)