Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:36 am

i went for the changi airport passenger service interview like last wk..n today in d classified section they have d same ad !! so does tat mean im nt selected?lol !! better luck next time, sharon : )) lol.

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:30 pm

taurus19 wrote:
cabbage_girl wrote:
koko77 wrote:Cabbage

Sorry for the late reply. I mentioned earlier. SIA do accept pte dip. I'm from a local design school. I'm not exactly a crew, but i'm starting my training on the 25th Jan.

As for ur fren, cos' you did said she's from some pte dip? I heard from a fren of mine that her fren was from PSB. And SIA rejected her bcos of that. As for MDIS, I believe that SIA do tie down with MDIS for courses available for SIA crew.

So it is advisable to take a dip from NAFA, Lasalle-SIA, Raffles Lasalle, SIM & MDIS if you do not have local poly dip. Since you have a PSB academy certificate. I would suggest that you go for MDIS instead as it is more regconised for SIA and also other company. Moreover the part time dip only takes 12 mths or so. Full time is abt 9 mths I think.

But, but... you can try using ur PSB certificate. I cannot guarantee you anything. But you can try. It's a dilemma. You have to accept it if they don't accept ur cert.

Hi Koko,

Thanks for reply. No worries bout me. I have all the qualifications that they required. keke... But I do agree with what you said, MDIS is reliable since it is a local school with quite a reputation. My degree cert is from there too and SIA accepted it. :)
your degree cert is from there too and SIA accepted it?

meaning to said you have start your training with them or....? plus your dip oso from MDIS?

Hi, Nope. They accepted my cert but I got disqualified at the one-to-one interview. Nope, mine is A level, not dip. Hope this helps

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:44 pm

Joycee wrote:
xmischax wrote:you have to leave the interview room, this time it is at the conference centre. you line up outside atrium ballroom, proceed into the ballroom after you`ve been grouped and watch the video, then they will bring you to the conference centre for interview. you have to leave the conference centre, but you can wait around outside.

yeahh, they are very strict now. they only allow those who meet their requirements to register. as for the amount of people they took in, it depends. some 8 out of 10, some 5 out of 10, some 2 out of 10, some none. they don`t have a stipulated amount of candidates to take in. but from what i`ve heard, a lot who were selected got rejected after the skin test. so in the end, the amount of candidates selected to proceed on to the one-to-one interview or the water confidence test is not much.

The water confi test is same day as Kebaya testing? Or different?

Hi Joycee,

Different. Group interview, kebaya testing and 1-to-1 interview are on the same day.

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:51 pm

koko77 wrote:joycee...

nono... you can't used it on the face. it's just for a perfect skin look alike thats all. But make up would be more advisable if you wanna cover marks and scar at the areas which are visible to the interviwers.

Hi Koko,

Then what to use to cover freckles on the face? I've some obvious ones. :(

NS~KBH

Re: ..

Post by NS~KBH » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 1:55 pm

kristen wrote:
i went for the changi airport passenger service interview like last wk..n today in d classified section they have d same ad !! so does tat mean im nt selected?lol !! better luck next time, sharon : )) lol.
Always look on the bright side of life ~
They might need more people
so they tend to advertise repeatedly
or they might be looking for more backups
don\'t count your chickend before they are hatched! ~

Clear? Any more questions to ask? :D
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 2:19 pm

NS~KBH wrote:don\'t count your chickend before they are hatched! ~
Sounds ominous.

NS~KBH

Post by NS~KBH » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 3:28 pm

pai seh, that one is typo error.

And why you miss that antispy so much? Are you her friend? :?
KBH (Official Crap Poster)
Don\'t anyhow quote me!

~I want to be a university professor~

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 6:53 pm

cabbage_girl wrote:
koko77 wrote:joycee...

nono... you can't used it on the face. it's just for a perfect skin look alike thats all. But make up would be more advisable if you wanna cover marks and scar at the areas which are visible to the interviwers.

Hi Koko,

Then what to use to cover freckles on the face? I've some obvious ones. :(

Cabbage girl,

Are you a FA now? i think obvious ones you can just use concealor to cover will do right?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:12 pm

cabbage

you a crew now? or still undergoing interview for the swimming test? if you wanna cover ur freckles. you gonna use concealer. And if you still have time, you should use whitening, there are several spot corrector in the market. For freckles and marks from pimple. So you can check out.

When you put on make up. Don't simply use 2 way cake. You might wanna try damp ur sponge and use the 2 way cake instead. it got better coverage.

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:34 pm

NS~KBH wrote:pai seh, that one is typo error.

And why you miss that antispy so much? Are you her friend? :?
haha no lah, just miss the entertainment value of his/her posts.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:42 pm

kristen wrote:i went for the changi airport passenger service interview like last wk..n today in d classified section they have d same ad !! so does tat mean im nt selected?lol !! better luck next time, sharon : )) lol.
i tried SATS passenger services last year, cos i could have worked for the whole of 1 year till my my studies starts this april. then they told me i`m too young :lol:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:50 pm

those of you going for the water confidence test and looking for a concealer, you can try Lancome EFFACERNES Waterproof Concealer. i`ve seen it overseas and it works real good. i don`t know if they sell it here in singapore, though. you might wanna check out the lancome counters or something. :)

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:16 pm

those who are going for the water confidence test. if you have good skin den you dun have to worry abt it. but, should you have problem skin. Do not do anything which are too heavy to aggrevate the condition. You should drink more water, take vitamin C and E. C for whitening and E for scar healing.

Mean time. take more water and sleep between 10pm - 1am. That's when ur cell do 'construction'. Drinking more water helps to make ur cells healthy therefore they can construct better.

Lucks.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:03 am

thanks KOKO for being so informative and educating us abt staying in shape and giving us tips on skincare. you are so sweet!

People people.. Koko is a really sweet and HELPFUL GAL. Moreover shes young and me being a little older than her. haha dont mind stooping down to learn from her... so pls be teachable. Open your hearts and mind to heed her advise and you will go veryyyyyy far!!!!!!!!!!

The trick is Being humble here as we can really learn a thing or two from ppl like her....

Rock on KOKO!!!!!!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:07 am

koko77 wrote:those who are going for the water confidence test. if you have good skin den you dun have to worry abt it. but, should you have problem skin. Do not do anything which are too heavy to aggrevate the condition. You should drink more water, take vitamin C and E. C for whitening and E for scar healing.

Mean time. take more water and sleep between 10pm - 1am. That's when ur cell do 'construction'. Drinking more water helps to make ur cells healthy therefore they can construct better.

Lucks.
but remember, don`t drink water just before you go to bed if not you`ll have heavy eyebags, cos when you lie down, water will collect under your eyes. i don`t know how that works but that`s what the doctors says!