Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wishy

Re: tinkerbelle

Post by wishy » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:27 am

Fated wrote:Morning, Tinkerbele!

Actually I feel it is quite impossible HR will remember every applicants and I believe alot of applicants too. If not there wont be people who go for many attempts. But I really don't know wat wrong with mine.

Well, I changed my photo each time and re-draft my resume too. but den still no new despite i sent in 3 times! ridiculous and it not fair. i guess i just have no luck or it is fated. but den i dun wish to give up my dream so easily. so i always asked myself not to give up trying. but at times, when u work hard for it but u werent given an opportunity, dun u feel disheartened?

afterall, i not tat bad in my outlook... heee... there even pple who mistook me as SQ air stewardess before. pple who know me hv been asking me to try. but after my first attempt which i knew i really did it badly, i was selected for the 3 times i write in. really don't know y it is so for my case. feel hopeless...
Hi Fated!

Wow u were mistaken for SQ crew, still no chance of securing the interview?? Really duno wat they are looking for..... *sigh*

tinkerbelle

Re: tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:28 am

Fated wrote:Morning, Tinkerbele!

Actually I feel it is quite impossible HR will remember every applicants and I believe alot of applicants too. If not there wont be people who go for many attempts. But I really don't know wat wrong with mine.

Well, I changed my photo each time and re-draft my resume too. but den still no new despite i sent in 3 times! ridiculous and it not fair. i guess i just have no luck or it is fated. but den i dun wish to give up my dream so easily. so i always asked myself not to give up trying. but at times, when u work hard for it but u werent given an opportunity, dun u feel disheartened?

afterall, i not tat bad in my outlook... heee... there even pple who mistook me as SQ air stewardess before. pple who know me hv been asking me
to try. but after my first attempt which i knew i really did it badly, i was selected for the 3 times i write in. really don't know y it is so for my case. feel hopeless...
nope, i dun feel disheartened at all. Im a very optimistic pax.. haha.. there are ppl who are juz cut out for tis u know.. all they need is ONE CHANCE.. n they got in juz like that. if u ask them wat they said/do during the interview, they wldnt have a clue..

those are the ones who'll give u very cliched advices like "be yourself", "enjoy the interview", "speak, but dun talk too much or too little".. at the end, u'll be like "wat-the..???" best to forget u ever asked. :)

dun be disheartened.. there are ppl who try 8 times b4 they got shortlisted.. so, y give up ur dream?

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:32 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote: Ya man.... actually they did offer to defer my training but as I'm not sure how long the treatment will take so they ask me to resign and will suggest to waive off the bond. If I can't 'escape' from the payment, I will definitely ask for defer... :lol:

Yes, I'm still in constant contact with my batch girls and heard that almost half of them have resigned either before the end of the contract or upon the expiry of the bond.... :?

Sad to say, this is not a job that everyone can try... Hey, do you have msn? I would prefer to chat there... u can add me ([email protected])
All:
I have received several invitations to add me to your msn. I'm flattered about this... but please email me before adding me as I do not want 'uninvited' guest to be in my list and I hate to click on the 'reject' button too.

Thank you for your understanding :)
Hi hi girl,

Will like to add u to my msn.. is it ok?
Ok

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:32 am

Anonymous wrote:
doubtful wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote: *gasp* how is THAT possible? do u have any idea how many mails they rec during this "cattle-call" period?? wow, if im the HR n my boss expects me to remember all applicants that ive trashed, i'll RESIGN!!

keep ur hopes high, chin up!! maybe change ur photo? or re-draft ur cover letter.. :lol:
Hi tinkerbelle n fated, i also yet to receive my email from them yet.. Been checking my email everydae!! Sigh... Btw, i send in a "3/4" photo of myself (tat means the pix oni cover till my knee). You tink they will screen me out becos i did not send in a totally full length pix of myself (means from head till the toes?) Kinda pondering over this....sigh.... Wish all of us luck.

Btw, i saw some post that mentioned they had received invitations for interview on Sunday? Are you guys who go for Sundae interview guys or gals? :)
doubtful,

They'll probably ask you to chop of from your knee onwards if you get selected for the job. Because that's what the resume states and show.

Please, ask more intelligent questions, don't behave this way for your interview (IF you ever get in), or you'll definitely be out...wise up. :twisted:
Hey guest, dun be rude k.. lay off.. dun slam others.. be nice.. :twisted:

tried

Tried so many times

Post by tried » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:33 am

fated,

This is not a driving test where you try till you pass! You probably don't have what it takes to be a stewardess. It is certainly a type fo X-Facotr that is needed to make you shine, some people have some people don't.

I don't think things will change even if you send another 10 times. :roll:

doubtful

Post by doubtful » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:39 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
doubtful wrote: Hi tinkerbelle n fated, i also yet to receive my email from them yet.. Been checking my email everydae!! Sigh... Btw, i send in a "3/4" photo of myself (tat means the pix oni cover till my knee). You tink they will screen me out becos i did not send in a totally full length pix of myself (means from head till the toes?) Kinda pondering over this....sigh.... Wish all of us luck.

Btw, i saw some post that mentioned they had received invitations for interview on Sunday? Are you guys who go for Sundae interview guys or gals? :)
doubtful,

They'll probably ask you to chop of from your knee onwards if you get selected for the job. Because that's what the resume states and show.

Please, ask more intelligent questions, don't behave this way for your interview (IF you ever get in), or you'll definitely be out...wise up. :twisted:
Thanks tinkerbelle. :lol: I don't tink my question is dumb or watsoever. Afteral, this forum is for pple to post qsn n ans queries if u noe the ans. Isn't it right? Anyway, thanks for yr intelligent reply, Guest. If i reali get selected, i will see if the HR pple realli chop off my knee and i will def let you noe abt it..hahahaa.

Ex-crew

Re: Tried so many times

Post by Ex-crew » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:41 am

tried wrote:fated,

This is not a driving test where you try till you pass! You probably don't have what it takes to be a stewardess. It is certainly a type fo X-Facotr that is needed to make you shine, some people have some people don't.

Not true!
My batch gal tried 8 times and she got in eventually!
U'll never know what they are looking for....sometimes u may appeal to some of the interviewers; sometimes not. My advice is, just be urself. If u were to put up a front just to get in, eventually when u get in, u'll suffer. Coz thats not ur natural self, u'll have to put up that front throughout the career...is that what u wan?

Just be natural. Some interviewers can see that u're not ur usual self; they're not stupid... they're experienced enough to see through ppl.

Doubtful

Post by Doubtful » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:49 am

Hi Fated,

I believe as long as u try, u already have half the battle won. As seen from previous treads, there are pple who tired like 6 or 8 times before they are selected. However, if u just stopped sendin applications in, then u have already lost the battle. Sometimes the problem don't lie in u. Its luck sometimes. Though i am not someone who is internal locus of control, bt luck do play a part. This also applies to taking TP. I have frds who illegally driving their dads car and their skills are realli good. Bt during their TP, when their luck is down, some motorists or some drivers wanted to cut their lane and stuffs, they failed their TP. So sometins are not fully within our control. However, u can do yr part by keep tryin n sending in the applications. :D

Congrats

Post by Congrats » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:50 am

KPO wrote:
Congrats! wrote:Good job to the SQ - Wannabe Sotong Legion that is keeping this thread alive.

You have managed to surpass 100 pages of repetitive, semi-illiterate, stupid posts, despite the fact that every answer to every possible useful and useless question you could every ask has already been answered AT LEAST FIVE TIMES.

Keep it up, you can make it to 200! I have complete faith in your abilities, or rather your lack thereof.

Here, I'll help to keep the ball rolling:

Any gerls knows how to become SQ hostess I always want to give try to the job but do you have to know how to swim? I not swim so good lor.
Haha.. i doubt sia recruit jackasses like u.. i bet u're the kind who speaks with an irritating amoh-accent but with BROKEN ENGLISH.. maybe u'll be more likable if u dun try so hard POSER # 2!!
Fool, I am an ang moh (this is an expat board, after all) and my English is perfect in both spoken and written forms, same as my German. The only broken English here is yours, though the irony of that is surely lost on you.

Whether SQ would hire me or not is something we'll never know, since I have no desire for the job. I have enjoyed being served by many SQ girls in Business/Raffles Class, Economy Plus (or whatever they call it on the LAX and NYC flights) and Economy Class over the years. They generally do a good job, however it is sad to see this thread and how pathetic some applicants are. So needy and helpless and unable to handle a simple job application process without constant coaching and support.

peacemaker

Peace to all

Post by peacemaker » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:52 am

Okie, okie, make peace.

doubtful

Post by doubtful » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 9:59 am

doubtful wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:
Anonymous wrote: doubtful,

Thanks tinkerbelle. :lol: I don't tink my question is dumb or watsoever. Afteral, this forum is for pple to post qsn n ans queries if u know the ans. Isn't it right? Anyway, thanks for yr intelligent reply, Guest. If i reali get selected, i will see if the HR pple realli chop off my knee and i will def let you know abt it..hahahaa.
Hi tinkerbelle and Fated, wana exchange email address and we chat in msn? :D No obligations.

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:01 am

Doubtful wrote:

Hi Fated,

I believe as long as u try, u already have half the battle won. As seen from previous treads, there are pple who tired like 6 or 8 times before they are selected. However, if u just stopped sendin applications in, then u have already lost the battle. Sometimes the problem don't lie in u. Its luck sometimes. Though i am not someone who is internal locus of control, bt luck do play a part. This also applies to taking TP. I have frds who illegally driving their dads car and their skills are realli good. Bt during their TP, when their luck is down, some motorists or some drivers wanted to cut their lane and stuffs, they failed their TP. So sometins are not fully within our control. However, u can do yr part by keep tryin n sending in the applications. :D
Im glad to see there are helpful n encouraging ppl like ex-crew n doubtful on board!! mks me wanna cry *sniff* :lol:

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:09 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Doubtful wrote:

Hi Fated,

Im glad to see there are helpful n encouraging ppl like ex-crew n doubtful on board!! mks me want to cry *sniff* :lol:
Hey tinkerbelle,

dun give up trying ya? Im sure u can make it someday.....
Dun be affected by what those negative ppl say... :)

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:15 am

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote:hi gerls,

Is there anyone whom have sent in their SQ application via email on the 17th afternoon? Have you received the reply from SQ?

Please do drop a mail.

i am still waiting. i did not receive anything from SQ yet.

I wanted so much to be a singapore girl.

Thanks.
Hi sadgal,
I've sent in my email on 17th afternoon too. So did some other girls in the prev. treads. I also have not recieved any reply from SQ. Guess its either we're in the next interview round, or maybe we're just not being selected. Anyway how old are u? Are u still studying?
Hi Gals, I also sent in my application on 17-June and I also waiting for SQ reply..

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:20 am

doubtful wrote:
doubtful wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote: Hey guest, dun be rude k.. lay off.. dun slam others.. be nice.. :twisted:
Thanks tinkerbelle. :lol: I don't tink my question is dumb or watsoever. Afteral, this forum is for pple to post qsn n ans queries if u know the ans. Isn't it right? Anyway, thanks for yr intelligent reply, Guest. If i reali get selected, i will see if the HR pple realli chop off my knee and i will def let you know abt it..hahahaa.
Hi tinkerbelle and Fated, wana exchange email address and we chat in msn? :D No obligations.
why not? my email is [email protected]. dun add me tho, send me ur id n i'll add u gals in.. im using another id for msn. we can have a conference.. so fun!!