Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 1:30 pm

taurus19 wrote:ya another question. will i get higher chance to join as an air crew if i apply difference field of job scope in SIA and after which if it success is it i only go for transfer?

I spoke to a crew on board b4, she was from engineering department for 3yrs b4 she transferred to be flight stewardess. However, she told me that she still needs to clear all the interviews like the rest!!

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 1:38 pm

higgledy wrote:
taurus19 wrote:ya another question. will i get higher chance to join as an air crew if i apply difference field of job scope in SIA and after which if it success is it i only go for transfer?

I spoke to a crew on board b4, she was from engineering department for 3yrs b4 she transferred to be flight stewardess. However, she told me that she still needs to clear all the interviews like the rest!!
thank you.
wao, look's like no short cut woh
See the world from a different vantage point

maddette

Post by maddette » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 3:02 pm

heya folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of questions will be posed by the interviewers during management interview? I've received mine but it states that the whole process might last until' noon. Why is that so?

Thanks.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 5:21 pm

taurus19 wrote:
M wrote:
xmischax wrote:taurus19! are you saying that i look old! :lol: nvm, at least i get to go into clubs without the need to use ids :P
LOL! :lol:
xmischax
:lol: not old just look differently.. anyway are you studying now or working.. i had forgotten... :P
differently? what do you mean by that? :lol:

i`m working now, was in nyp but i`m transferring to another school so i`m working for now. you?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 5:22 pm

taurus19 wrote:hi ppl,
i have one silly question would like to hear your view. those girls that had posted in the SIA website are they e real SQ air crew?

cos as i look thru, they are very beautiful.. of cos wish to be like them..
you mean those singapore girls on the sia webbie? yeahh they are stewardesses. they choose the prettiest to be the ambassadors.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 6:45 pm

xmischax wrote:
i have one silly question would like to hear your view. those girls that had posted in the SIA website are they e real SQ air crew?

you mean those singapore girls on the sia webbie? yeahh they are stewardesses. they choose the prettiest to be the ambassadors.
Not the prettiest but rather someone whom can carry off as the SIA girl? The one we see on SIA hop, I was told she is actually a Japanese.
Last edited by M on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 6:47 pm

maddette wrote:heya folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of questions will be posed by the interviewers during management interview? I've received mine but it states that the whole process might last until' noon. Why is that so?

Thanks.
Generic questions. Tell us more about yourself etc.

M :cool:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:46 pm

M wrote:
xmischax wrote:

Not the prettiest but rather someone whom can carry off as the SIA girl? The one we see on SIA hop, I was told she is actually a Japanese.
they are gorgeous though! :lol:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:48 pm

M wrote:
maddette wrote:heya folks,

Thanks.
Generic questions. Tell us more about yourself etc.

M :cool:
they don`t have a list of standard questions to ask. perhaps the first few is roughly the same but it depends on your answer, then they will decide what to ask next.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:58 pm

xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote:
M wrote:
orh dun mistaken, i tot u wen for sun-tan ma. same same i am working now..
u wkin in full time ma?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:01 am

xmischax wrote: they don`t have a list of standard questions to ask to ask next.
M never said standard; he said generic which means general not standard. Put simply such questions could be about anything which it is a waste of time to ask 'what sort of questions do they ask at the interview'.

Those who bother to plan and research their applications should be able to work out what they are likely to ask. Anybody want me to explain?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:02 am

Plavt wrote:
xmischax wrote: they don`t have a list of standard questions to ask to ask next.
M never said standard; he said generic which means general not standard. Put simply such questions could be about anything which it is a waste of time to ask 'what sort of questions do they ask at the interview'.

Those who bother to plan and research their applications should be able to work out what they are likely to ask. Anybody want me to explain?
ohh no i`m not correcting him, i`m just adding on to what he said. :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:04 am

taurus19 wrote:
xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote:
haha! it`s only in a different light, that`s why my skin tone looks different :lol:

what are you working as? i`m working as a attractions host in sentosa. part time but i`m doing full time hours since i`ve nothing much till july anyways. lol

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 8:50 am

xmischax wrote:
taurus19 wrote:
xmischax wrote:
i am wkin as a admin, off every sat n sun. oso currently studying for O's level for 2007...

so you be graduate soon ah in poly ma?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 4:38 pm

haha no! i have to start from year one again so i have 3 more years to go. i`m waiting to see if SP accepts me cos NAFA offered me a place already. i spent only a semester in nyp so.. haha. where are you taking your Os? british council? my friend took her As there..

so if you go sentosa, you might just see me. :lol: