Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 3:52 pm

[quote="higgledy"]I think we should just try on the 19th July. If we are really asked to leave, then no choice. Else, we still stand a chance. Like others, I was booted out in 1st round too, only 1 got in. But the gal who happens to be my friend was out in the 3rd round and she is not despaired. :)

To dreamzz19,

good luck to you & hope you have succeeded in the final management round.[/quote]

thx there.. i got through... went for medical too.. now im waiting for the results... =)

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 4:08 pm

crystalheart wrote:If you are not banned you can attend the 19 July interview. Don't listen to all those rumours and be discouraged k? :D
alright then! we shall try the 19th july walk-in. we can do it! failure is the strongest medicine to self-improvement... :D
slowly but surely...we will make it.

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 4:29 pm

congraates to dreamzz19!

well i got booted out at rd2..i got scratch on my hand a little.. thinks maybe thats the reason? ohh hope we all can be lucky and passed the next time..

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 4:37 pm

charubsu wrote:congraates to dreamzz19!

well i got booted out at rd2..i got scratch on my hand a little.. thinks maybe thats the reason? ohh hope we all can be lucky and passed the next time..
thx. actually rd2 is d most strict to me... but thxfully this time rd no spot lights.

anw all the best for those gg in mid july.

pashmina

Post by pashmina » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 9:31 pm

careenaaa! it's fadillah! hahah :D

felixtwp

Post by felixtwp » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:30 pm

hi guys, i was one of those that went for the recruitment at SIA training center.. and yeah... gotta admit i was surprised at the drop out rate and yes again, i was one of those that wasn't selected...and its already my 3rd time plus im unemployed!!!! hw great can that be ahha

oh well.. wat can i say but im gona try till i fly

but anyway i was thinking if should we mail SIA up to do a confirmation check for those that went for the 2nd july interview to see if we still eligible for the 19th walk-in..are we able to do that?
only injuries can stop me from being the best

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:41 am

I will not stop tryin..unless dey banned me..but then again i can nv go on forever unemployed..sumtyms i feel dat perhaps i shld b realistic..n juz move on..mayb its juz nt meant to be in this flying career..=(

poohie

Post by poohie » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 1:25 pm

I went for the walk-in too. I reach there early but because my name was not in the system, they did not allow me to go in. Even though my slot is 930am, told the security guard but was told to stand aside and wait.

The guard actually call someone inside and we gave them our names and NRIC, yet we still unable to step in. About 15 of us, our names were found in the system i guess all of us were late for the interview. Some other interviewee are allowed to go in. We stood there waiting for an hour plus before we were allowed to change our pass and go in.

One group only consist of 8 person, only 2 got in. The interviewers seems more stern and most of the time they were writing on your application form then looking at you. Only ocassional glance.

shaky

Post by shaky » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 1:56 pm

dreamzz19 wrote:
higgledy wrote:I think we should just try on the 19th July. If we are really asked to leave, then no choice. Else, we still stand a chance. Like others, I was booted out in 1st round too, only 1 got in. But the gal who happens to be my friend was out in the 3rd round and she is not despaired. :)

To dreamzz19,

good luck to you & hope you have succeeded in the final management round.

thx there.. i got through... went for medical too.. now im waiting for the results... =)
congrats dreamzz19, I also went for the write in and think the selection is much stricter than at walk-ins (was hoping it's easier in STC). I think it's really true that they have recruited enough staff for now but if you have what the interviewers are looking for you will stil get the job. Sometimes not being able to get something makes u feel like gettin it more, such is the irony of life, juz like the grass is always greener on the other side...
the grass is greener on the other side.

Sofia888

Post by Sofia888 » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 6:19 pm

snowss wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Hahaha... you manage to dig out such an old thread . Today I am not on duty, so miss the chance of seeing many pretty girls but were also being spared from the many curses ringing around STC. Visiting this forum always makes me wonder...why...People outside are always trying to get in but people inside just can't wait to get out....where's the logic... :shock: To stay in or out, I guess you have to get in first to find out. You will have to step on the shit first to find out how shitty it is or maybe its black gold that you have been stepping on ](*,) if 3000 crew or even 1000 were to quit then you guys better think twice or thrice, why do they want to leave if its really so good :???:
Why people outside wanted to go in,,,

and why people inside just can't wait to go outside like a running bull lah?

for me..it is bec. it is so hard . i mean having a very nice feeling of being selected to be in the CC training walah...got so excited .. then when training starts.. ahhh.. there goes the stress.. culture shock, stressed from the everyday reading and absorbing evrything,tests before the class ends and you should have atleast 98% passing grade.. as now i'm experiencing people go by in group. and they won't mingle on you. and everyday passes.. it's getting harder.. we're just learning the basics of being a cabin crew and yet a lot i mean A LOT of things to absorb like your minds gonna blow.. our group now ..some girls can't even answer the instructors simple questions. but they are all well groomed and when it comes to training lah..man, can't imagine..they can't even talk..

last night i was thinking of quitting for training.. but then i told myself. I've waited for this almost a year of struggling to get in this flying job then now i am in. why give up right.. hayz..

goodluck to all of you trying out.

"No matter who you are, no matter where you from and what people say about you.. you can be whatever you want.."
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Don't give up!

Post by sstan123 » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 6:24 pm

No matter how tough is the training,don't think of quitting.It will get easier when you fly for 3 to 6 months.Trust me I was with SIA before.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 7:09 pm

Sofia888 wrote:
snowss wrote:
last night i was thinking of quitting for training.. but then i told myself. I've waited for this almost a year of struggling to get in this flying job then now i am in. why give up right.. hayz..
Sofia888...sad to know that you are thinking about quitting so soon. The beginning is always not easy, no matter what you do in life, as MR SSTan said, you will get use to it and perform your duties with one eye close by the 6th month, then time will pass so fast that you are already into your 5th year flying liao. This job is all about dealing with human relationship, between you and the pax or between crew and crew.

If you felt being left out of the group during training, most of the time you will have to take one step back and look at yourself, what can you do better to make yourself be a part of them. If you can't beat them you got to join them :twisted: You will have to take the 1st step to break the ice ya the longer you wait the more difficult it become. Yes, girls like to form groups, 3-4 of them per clan :-| join them for breaks, join the different clan ad be the social one don't have to restrict yourself to any particular clan. Trust me if you can master this skill you will be better then alot of your peers when you are out surviving in your next job, you will be able to play the PR game very well and be able to adapt to any new environment easily. Study hard, play hard and hope to be serve by you in the air soon :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 7:37 pm

Sofia888 wrote:
Sofia,
Please don't give up, that is admitting defeat, once you start doing that in one job you will be doing it all your life. Such an action won't win you any friends amongst employers and will only make it more difficult to find a decent job. Just take every day as it comes and when you come across difficulties remember there is always a way to deal with them. The fact that some of your colleagues can't answer simple questions is all part of the learning process, believe if you were transported back to the classroom in a few years you would find it so easy. You may find it helpful to write a lot of notes in your own short-hand (.i.e. write in was specific to yourself) and revise them at coffee breaks, on the bus or the Metro so you can recall lectures. You may be surprised how much easier things become and how you start understanding things. :wink:

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 7:42 pm

Mr Abercrombie is absolutely right. You guys who're thinking of quitting ought to take his advice. PR is the name of the game. Get it right and you will always be happy in whatever job you're in. As for cabin crew newbie, go mix around and be sociable and you will enjoy your work.

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 9:13 pm

Sofia888 wrote:[
Why people outside wanted to go in,,,

"No matter who you are, no matter where you from and what people say about you.. you can be whatever you want.."

I think you are just too shock on how tough training is and the amount of new knowledges u need to absorb. New environments, new peer and consistent pressure to score well in tests...anyone would wanna give up. If u give up at this moment, you might regret in the future as well. Just don't think so much as will time fly. Soon, you will be graduating, then your 1st flight and not long you would have finished the bond. Though the job might be demanding ( and some says shitty), I am sure you will find it rewarding in a way when your done with it.

All the best to you.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22