Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hrcstockholm

Post by hrcstockholm » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:15 pm

well i only been to one, so I can only tell you about the one i went to.

first round - group interview (10 per group). self intro and question.
second round - skin check, some random questions posed.
third round - team game + 1 to 1 interview.

all these on the first day and if you are successful they will inform you to come back the next day (thats for me) for the management round.

mgt round - group of 6 and the format varies for diff groups.
(for ladies if you get thru mgt you go to the kebaya round).

After you get thru everything they will verify your certs, brief you and ask you to go for your medical within the next 2 days. If you pass your medical you will receive a call within the next 2 weeks, if not a letter of rejection within the same time as well.

i hope that helps. good luck and everyone that is interested should go try. it really is a privilege i must say.

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:25 pm

Limmy_85: I think got to wait quite long. U gotten ur contract thru mail? Btw when are u starting ur training!?

Gemuk lama

Post by Gemuk lama » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:56 pm

Does anyone know what is the basic pay for a degree holder excluding all allowances? just the basic. pure basic.

Thank you in advance ;)

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 2:03 pm

@darkchoco: i'm starting on 6 jan..i was told to wait for an email..still waiting..can't wait to start!

georgina_57

Post by georgina_57 » Sun, 28 Nov 2010 4:19 pm

Hey everyone! I am really new here and I am 18 this year :) I have just finished my A level last week and I intend to give it a go on 18 december's intake, is this advisable? I generally do not have any issues with height, weight, or most of the requirement that they are looking for, in fact I am very good with my English, Mandarin and even Hokkien. Should I wait for the next intake and in the meanwhile go take up another language? Or do I need to wait for my A level cert in march (or could I tell them I am waiting for results?)

Also, I do not have any visible scars on my body except that my arms are quite hairy (I do consistent waxing for my legs), would that be an issue?

Anyway, reading this forum really answered many of my doubts! :D

Mr.Steven

Post by Mr.Steven » Sun, 28 Nov 2010 6:24 pm

georgina_57 wrote:Hey everyone! I am really new here and I am 18 this year :) I have just finished my A level last week and I intend to give it a go on 18 december's intake, is this advisable? I generally do not have any issues with height, weight, or most of the requirement that they are looking for, in fact I am very good with my English, Mandarin and even Hokkien. Should I wait for the next intake and in the meanwhile go take up another language? Or do I need to wait for my A level cert in march (or could I tell them I am waiting for results?)

Also, I do not have any visible scars on my body except that my arms are quite hairy (I do consistent waxing for my legs), would that be an issue?

Anyway, reading this forum really answered many of my doubts! :D
First, if u r confident in urself, jus go for it:) no harm
Trying. For u, u have to think of ur future, if u dun intend to gigot uni, of coz u in have to wait, the worry for u is ur cert but is ok one. U can jus tell them u waiting and produce ur o level result for the mean time coz the min requirement is o level.

Or the hairy part, lol, dun nee to worry too much jus wax it before the 18th one can le:) be confident and be urself as wat the crew always say. Jia you
Hi, my name is Steven. Nice to meet new friends and hope you guys will find I'm a nice guy:)

georgina_57

Post by georgina_57 » Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks Mr. Steven! Oh also, should I go there at like 7 plus or later like 10am?

Mr.Steven

Post by Mr.Steven » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 8:24 am

Lol, is your choice:) Anyway I planning to go with friends, if u want can join us
Hi, my name is Steven. Nice to meet new friends and hope you guys will find I'm a nice guy:)

konishi

Preparations

Post by konishi » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 7:54 pm

Hello! 

It's been a while since i posted. Ive failed the last two interviews at first round... and thought this time i should prepare myself more for it.

Since i'm not really a confident girl, and i cant seem to think fast enough on my feet, i thought i should at least try and gather more information on the interview so that i can prepare myself better >.<

From the past two interviews, i got the following questions in round 1 :

georgina_57

Post by georgina_57 » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:12 am

Hey thanks for asking Mr Steven! I am heading there with the support of a few girlfriends so I guess I am fine! Appreciate that you asked though :) What time are you going then?

Hmm hi Konishi! Were there a super long queue each time you went? I heard they would even ask "what's your favourite movie and why?" That will be quite difficult to answer xD

Anyway I totally forgot about my biggest problem... I think my chances are really slim already! Friends around me all say that I have the air-stewardess feel but.... I have a vampire tooth! It is not really obvious when I speak but I love to give that :D wide smile and then it would kinda show.... I read a few forums and FAQs they all say that crooked teeth are definitely a no-no :( :( :(

Mr.Steven

Post by Mr.Steven » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 8:00 am

Konichi: actually u can jus browse thru this thread u will know hw the stages like:) but most important still your confident and personality that they look into.

Geo: erm, actually if u dunwan to queue up for too long, u shld be there earliest. Like 7 for the registration:) I think I be there early this time coz the prev I went for the afternoon timing and the interviewers all like sian sian one in seeing us.. Lol:)

georgina_57

Post by georgina_57 » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 3:30 pm

How many times have you been there Steven?

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 4:54 pm

I personally feel that, no point thinking abt what question can br asked. Just be calm, and answer the question properly, smiling and be confident.

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:32 am

Any candidates out there who are currently in the waiting list? how long have you waited? I wonder if they really check their emails because I know of people who has waited for 3 months and still has not heard from SIA. I need the number to call!

gallenlim2002

Post by gallenlim2002 » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:31 pm

Hi...How about medical check up....Do they test ours eyes sight? Coz i heard that they do reject ppls whom where spec...Is it true? Also if let said i cant attend the management rds on sunday due to working, do they let u go for another round in some other day.