Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cieux

Post by cieux » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:21 pm

sad girl wrote:
oh okie. major in social work only? He did not take up other majors ah? Which junior college is he from?

Sekali i know him. keke.. a few of my secondary friends also from that faculty.
He's from TJC. i think his other major is religious studies. Not sure. There are so many pple in NUS arts faculty leh..

contact thru email ok? coz i dun need to the whole world to know bout me... hahhaha

|Bluz|

Re: Round 1 interview

Post by |Bluz| » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:50 pm

Blur.. wrote:
|Bluz| wrote:
Blur.. wrote: So u'll actually try again?

Yep! I don't see why not! because i am interested in customer service jobs also and am looking around for other related jobs too. As long as i am still qualified to apply for FA, I try. Won't want to regret not doing things later in life :wink:
Nice to hear that. Ur actually encouraging me to try again too lol. Well, I got kicked out from the 1-1 interview due to no preparation. Saw from this forum 1st round was only self-intro and will have to wait for result...Didn't expect to have 1-1... So didn't prepare.
Well for your information, there are about 7 rounds to go thru before landing the job.
- Group interview
- 1-1 interview
- psychometric test (personality)
- kebaya
- water confidence
- management interview
- tea-party
For more details, you can refer to much earlier posts of this thread.

So i dun exactly think you have to prepare anything but just be confident and be yourself. Stressing too much on yourslef might work otherwise... so why sweat!! haha... Let's just apply again and see what happens!
Cheerios!

Post by Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:
grrl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hi,

has anyone received the rejection letter from silkair for the 30may and 1jun interview?
I dun think there's a rejection letter..the batch for 30may & 1jun interview will be going for their final interview soon.. :wink:
ya.. i know.. but heard from others (previous posts) that there will be a rejection letter...
u have to wait for the rest to finish the final interview then later they will send out all the post card in one time. i waited mine for at least 2 months last time.

Blur...

Post by Blur... » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 6:03 pm

|Bluz| wrote:
Blur.. wrote:
|Bluz| wrote:
Yep! I don't see why not! because i am interested in customer service jobs also and am looking around for other related jobs too. As long as i am still qualified to apply for FA, I try. Won't want to regret not doing things later in life :wink:
Nice to hear that. Ur actually encouraging me to try again too lol. Well, I got kicked out from the 1-1 interview due to no preparation. Saw from this forum 1st round was only self-intro and will have to wait for result...Didn't expect to have 1-1... So didn't prepare.
Well for your information, there are about 7 rounds to go thru before landing the job.
- Group interview
- 1-1 interview
- kebaya
- water confidence
- management interview
- tea-party

So i dun exactly think you have to prepare anything but just be confident and be yourself. Stressing too much on yourslef might work otherwise... so why sweat!! haha... Let's just apply again and see what happens!
Cheerios!
Thanks for your info! But howcome during the 1-1 interview the interviewer bombard me with tons of scenarios for me to solve while otehrs were only asked y they wanna join SIA / be CA? ... Its tons of on flight questions which I never encounter before and not trained to do...As if im already an CA. Most prob my answers are up to her standard.

Post by Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 8:27 pm

Nowaades, many big organisation are changing their style of interviews.. traditional type VS behavioural type..

Traditional: How will u handle this and that.. ?how well do u work as a team?

Behavioural: Describle a situation on which you found that your performance was not up to standard. how could this situation have been avoided? if it happens again, how will u handle it?

Hope the above-mentioned help, in any case, juz be preapred for all kinds of qns!

Cheers!

M

Post by M » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:37 pm

|Bluz| wrote:
Blur.. wrote:
|Bluz| wrote:
- Group interview
- 1-1 interview
- kebaya
- water confidence
- management interview
- tea-party

Cheerios!
Thank you. I think it's almost the same for the guys too? :shock:

M

Re: help me...

Post by M » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:40 pm

Guests wrote:
M wrote:
aloyscious wrote:hey ya M ,
HOw many guys went for the interview? HOw many rounds ? How many ppl in your group got in? What questions were asked? Please share wth me..thanks a lot...what other important msgs will you pass to me? Whn will your second interview be? Please share the info wth me whn u have gone thru second round...thanks...by the way, how many people were you interviewed by? man or woman? cheers!!! :lol:
Hi aloyscious,

Total number of canidates unknown. For 1st day, there were 2 rounds which involved the basic 10 in a group talk/introduction and 1-1 interview for latter stage. As for day 1, just be composed and observe your fellow canidates when they talk, that's a MUST. Reason why, the interviewers weren't making eye contact with me when I was speaking but instead observing the rest of them. By all means, please judge per situation as you will get different interviwers. 1-1 interview was conducted by a very nice lady and basic question like; "Why do you want to be a cabin crew?" was posed. Nothing much in this round but just be confident.

2nd round is scheduled for this Wednesday. Routines unknown but I just heard that's da D day. Written best to of my knowledge though I want to know more about 2nd day.

Regards, :lol:
M,

Which room did u went into for 1-1 interview??
The interviewer ask me :-
1. Tell me about ur life, hobby, family, friends., jobs..
2. Have u ever encounter any difficult customer
And then, she shoot ->
3. If ur superior crew ask u to serve 1 item lesser to customer, what will u do?
4. If 2 passengers quarrel on the flight, what will you do?
5. If you were to choose a country, which country u wish to travel to most?
6. Do u have any friends working here?

Instead, she did not even ask me Y i want to be a CA...

And there I go,not receiving any form. Got kicked out of 2nd round.
Hi,

I was in room 5. Really nice lady though I reckon you were too nervous during the 1-1 session? The questions you posted look reasonable enough for me though. Don't give up. Learn from this experience and prepare for the next. But remember, keep preparations moderate. Goodluck! :D

Blur...

Post by Blur... » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:28 am

Did she ask u all those that she asked me? I was from Rm 5 too..! Hai..next time be well prepared..

flown

culture of cabin crew

Post by flown » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 3:42 am

Message to all of those who just joined or planning to be part of SIA cabin crew…

I’ve read some rather disturbing postings concerning public opinion towards SIA cabin crew.
1st of all, regarding the senior-junior culture in cabin crew. To begin with, SIA culture is built upon our very own Asian culture whereby seniors are accorded more respect. Although it is my opinion that it is an Asian culture, some people may view it as a military culture. I would like to justify complaints that some “newbie’s”

M

Post by M » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 9:38 am

Blur... wrote:Did she ask u all those that she asked me? I was from Rm 5 too..! Hai..next time be well prepared..
Hi Blur,

If you're referring to me, the main question posed to me was; "Why do you want to be a Air Steward?" She also did ask me about my previous job placements and why the switch of industry to begin with.

Were you on Sat or Sun to begin with? :?:

Blur..

Post by Blur.. » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:31 am

M wrote:
Blur... wrote:Did she ask u all those that she asked me? I was from Rm 5 too..! Hai..next time be well prepared..
Hi Blur,

If you're referring to me, the main question posed to me was; "Why do you want to be a Air Steward?" She also did ask me about my previous job placements and why the switch of industry to begin with.

Were you on Sat or Sun to begin with? :?:
Saturday...Can only blame myself for not fully prepared. Pls share with us ur coming interviews n good luck ~!

Hmmm

Water Confidence

Post by Hmmm » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:26 am

just an enquiry regarding the water confidence test, are we to swim any style we want just in order to get to the end of the ppol or it will be told to us what style to swim?..

Bree

Re: Water Confidence

Post by Bree » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:30 am

Hmmm wrote:just an enquiry regarding the water confidence test, are we to swim any style we want just in order to get to the end of the ppol or it will be told to us what style to swim?..
Only backstroke is allowed. This is due to the lifevest you'll be wearing -- it doesnt allow for other styles. Cheers!

Sandyce

Re: culture of cabin crew

Post by Sandyce » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:40 am

[quote="flown"]Message to all of those who just joined or planning to be part of SIA cabin crew…

I’ve read some rather disturbing postings concerning public opinion towards SIA cabin crew.
1st of all, regarding the senior-junior culture in cabin crew. To begin with, SIA culture is built upon our very own Asian culture whereby seniors are accorded more respect. Although it is my opinion that it is an Asian culture, some people may view it as a military culture. I would like to justify complaints that some “newbie’s”

JaS

Post by JaS » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:41 am

jaymee, If I Were U, I'd Be In Formal With Waterproof Makeup, Just In Case
Best Of Luck!