Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hamham

Re: Scoliosis

Post by hamham » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:34 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
hamham wrote:
pokeurbutt wrote:Hi all,

I got a 2nd call for a scoliosis x-ray. I am worried that it may affect my chances. Anyone have any idea of this scoliosis problem.
I also got a 2nd call today for a scoliosis x-ray. Paid $160! I'm afraid they wouldn't pick me cause of this. :(
i'm sure it will turn out fine, my friend mentioned that almost all her friends who were called back for 2nd medical review made it. fingers crossed! all i think about all day long is mary's call! :(
Her friends are from 26th June Batch?

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:45 pm

hey guys, dun worry abt the 2nd x ray. is very common. what is done cant be undo. so dun worry! see u guys in STC! dun get culture shock when u come here. haha! :wink:

hamham

Post by hamham » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:29 pm

kinderjoy wrote:hey guys, dun worry abt the 2nd x ray. is very common. what is done cant be undo. so dun worry! see u guys in STC! dun get culture shock when u come here. haha! :wink:
What kind of culture? Share a few? haha

cosyz

Post by cosyz » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:36 pm

anyone starting training on 16th July? i received mary's call this morning. i think she is calling people up 1 by 1 based on the availability cos she thought i was available immediate.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:19 am

hamham wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:hey guys, dun worry abt the 2nd x ray. is very common. what is done cant be undo. so dun worry! see u guys in STC! dun get culture shock when u come here. haha! :wink:
when u step into STC, pls pls greet every single thing that move.. :)

taneugene

Post by taneugene » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:41 am

hi, question for male stewards here. Would you be accepted if you have a tattoo on your lower arm? Not visible at the hand area.

flumpet

tattoo

Post by flumpet » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 1:19 am

taneugene wrote:hi, question for male stewards here. Would you be accepted if you have a tattoo on your lower arm? Not visible at the hand area.
i don't think so. they check your lower arms during skin check.

flumpet

Re: Scoliosis

Post by flumpet » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 1:23 am

hamham wrote:
pokeurbutt wrote:Hi all,

I got a 2nd call for a scoliosis x-ray. I am worried that it may affect my chances. Anyone have any idea of this scoliosis problem.
I also got a 2nd call today for a scoliosis x-ray. Paid $160! I'm afraid they wouldn't pick me cause of this. :(
The Scoliosis thing is a very common reason for calling people back. If your scoliosis was that bad, your doctor would have informed you when you were younger. If you do not know of this condition until they called you to tell you about it, that means it's probabably not serious.

I've been through it and I know the feeling is terrible. But just sit back and relax. there is nothing to worry, worrying won't help either.

So as long as your spine deviates from the normal a little, they will call you back for 2nd xray. Don't worry about it.

Be patient. You will get the call.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

medical

Post by Gnip » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 2:17 am

hi everyone, i have to submit a report for a past medical condition. they require that the hospital fully discharge me from this condition. oh dear.
Helloo! (:

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 9:30 am

kinderjoy, I know what you said is a fact, but you made it sound so hilarious lol
kinderjoy wrote:
hamham wrote:
when u step into STC, pls pls greet every single thing that move.. :)

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:31 am

hi guys! i wana ask how long do they usually take to inform you if you've cleared your medical considering you've got once mth notice?

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Re: medical

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:35 am

Gnip wrote:hi everyone, i have to submit a report for a past medical condition. they require that the hospital fully discharge me from this condition. oh dear.
ur nt the only one. before i went for my medical ystrdy i got a doctor's letter to certify that i am completely fine and stuffs but when i came yesterday the SIA doctor check evrything and thn gave me a letter to retrieve my previous biopsy report from the hospital because she wants to make sure im really fine i guess...

spent 120 for an ultrasound...the lady who checked me gave a positive remark though there is nothing to be worried about.. praying hard i will get through. :S

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:55 pm

Hey people! Anyone has Mary's number???? (: wanna call her.

ydlkl4e

Post by ydlkl4e » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 1:40 pm

cosyz wrote:anyone starting training on 16th July? i received mary's call this morning. i think she is calling people up 1 by 1 based on the availability cos she thought i was available immediate.
I'm starting on 16 July:)

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 1:59 pm

rebeccacious wrote:Hey people! Anyone has Mary's number???? (: wanna call her.
I dun think we can call her.