Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
be1

Post by be1 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:28 pm

i was reading the previous entries and they mentioned something 27dec.. so i thought they were from the previous recruitment. They would definitely call us right? since we made it to the final interview.

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:34 pm

be1 wrote:i was reading the previous entries and they mentioned something 27dec.. so i thought they were from the previous recruitment. They would definitely call us right? since we made it to the final interview.
i definitely hope so.
anyway, i heard from my fren, he said that some of his frens got their call 1 week after the first interview, while he got it the next day.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:36 pm

I have yet to receive the email from them :x

I call back the number but was automated and the call just hang up after awhile. Geez

Sent them an email, have to wait for response asasp i guess >.<

be1

Post by be1 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:47 pm

i was thinking if they missed out or something haha. Hi sokeai, is your interview on the 3rd Jan batch or earlier?

ben02

Post by ben02 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:52 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
VeniE wrote: hey yingying,

it's ok if you dun have the employment form coz you can fill it up on the spot as well. just inform the HR lady that you din receive any forms.

do remb to bring the relevant doc with ya ok.. :)
thanks venie.. maybe i'll just give them a call on monday to double confirm again.. for en02, raine n sokeai, all didnt recieve the forms rite?
YES i stilll haven't receive the mail!!

i called the 678XXXXX BUT its an automated call and nobody answers.. and i can't get ANY help.

So.. i sent them an email. but.. i dunno when will they ever see it. SIGH
i think ur last resort will be reach there as early as 130pm lor.. then at least, even if ur timeslot is 2pm or later, u are still ok, if sway sway 130pm, then hopefully u get excused for being a few minutes late..

(did u give a wrong email add in the form that we written on the 27th Dec??)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:52 pm

I'm the 27 Dec batch hehe

This is driving me crazy

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:04 pm

Done my medical last Friday morning... How long does it take for the medical to be out?? :???:
And so my journey begins... :)

hellokittylove
Regular
Regular

Post by hellokittylove » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:09 pm

dear all who are still waiting for calls, emails etc

do NOT worry, i know the wait is excruciating, but trust me, for sure they will call u.. i was like all of you while waiting for my calls.

p.s. i am still waiting for my contract to be sent too! and also detailed email from Mary.

they are extremely busy at the moment, just bear and wait ok, for sure the wait will be fruitful for all of you!

cheers

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:09 pm

keke..
glad to see so many ppl gonna make their dreams come through..
:D :D :D
Soaring above all

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:15 pm

hellokittylove wrote:dear all who are still waiting for calls, emails etc

do NOT worry, i know the wait is excruciating, but trust me, for sure they will call u.. i was like all of you while waiting for my calls.

p.s. i am still waiting for my contract to be sent too! and also detailed email from Mary.

they are extremely busy at the moment, just bear and wait ok, for sure the wait will be fruitful for all of you!

cheers
Hee thanks hellokittylove. The wait is nerve-wrecking hahaha. Actually suppose to start training on 22nd this month if we make it for the mgmt, so we are thinking SIA should get back to us soon cause some of us need to give 2 wks notice.

Let's hope they get back to us asap. :P

brownspecs

Final Interview this Tuesday

Post by brownspecs » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:34 pm

Hey I be going for the final interview tomorrow. Any idea hows it going to be like? The email states that be prepared the whole session will last till 5.30pm. Are they going to give us a briefing as well? Am quite nervous what to expect. Any idea when will the training start also?

be1

Post by be1 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 2:45 pm

no worries girl, you try going down tomorrow or who knows ur interview will be at a later date =)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Final Interview this Tuesday

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 3:18 pm

brownspecs wrote:Hey I be going for the final interview tomorrow. Any idea hows it going to be like? The email states that be prepared the whole session will last till 5.30pm. Are they going to give us a briefing as well? Am quite nervous what to expect. Any idea when will the training start also?
It depends on what time your interview time is. If you start earlier, you won't end at 5.30pm. Say if your timing is about 3pm, you should be able to leave the place by 4pm or latest 4.30pm.

There's a short briefing after you are cleared of your mgmt interview, but like I say, short briefing, so it will last less than 10mins. Sometimes the lady will brief you even before you go into the interview room so that she don't have to keep repeating to everyone who clear the mgmt interview.

Basically, you will fill in a simple form upon reaching the interview waiting room, the lady will ask to check all your certs and docs. Then you will wait for your name to be called to go into the interview room. Once you are done, you will wait outside the room, the lady will enter the interview room to get the result and announce it to you.

If you are unsuccessful or KIV case, the lady will tell you and you can leave the area.

If you are successful, you will be asked to fill in 2 simple forms for your particulars, then you will be given a letter to go for medical checkup at the clinic. She'll do a short briefing (if she haven't done so earlier) and you will be free to leave the area once all these steps are done.

As for questions to expect, do see the earlier posts. What you are asked depends on how you answer your questions also. As long as you are sincere in your answering, be natural and confidence and of course, smile, it should not be of a problem.

Training dates will be up to SIA's discretion as well as your availability. You will be told only after you clear your medical.

Good luck! :)

brownspecs

Post by brownspecs » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks for your advice. A SIA crew friend of mine told me that if one is selected for the final round, he/she is 99% cleared, is that true? What are the cases where they put you on KIV or disqualified?
xanngac wrote:
brownspecs wrote:Hey I be going for the final interview tomorrow. Any idea hows it going to be like? The email states that be prepared the whole session will last till 5.30pm. Are they going to give us a briefing as well? Am quite nervous what to expect. Any idea when will the training start also?
It depends on what time your interview time is. If you start earlier, you won't end at 5.30pm. Say if your timing is about 3pm, you should be able to leave the place by 4pm or latest 4.30pm.

There's a short briefing after you are cleared of your mgmt interview, but like I say, short briefing, so it will last less than 10mins. Sometimes the lady will brief you even before you go into the interview room so that she don't have to keep repeating to everyone who clear the mgmt interview.

Basically, you will fill in a simple form upon reaching the interview waiting room, the lady will ask to check all your certs and docs. Then you will wait for your name to be called to go into the interview room. Once you are done, you will wait outside the room, the lady will enter the interview room to get the result and announce it to you.

If you are unsuccessful or KIV case, the lady will tell you and you can leave the area.

If you are successful, you will be asked to fill in 2 simple forms for your particulars, then you will be given a letter to go for medical checkup at the clinic. She'll do a short briefing (if she haven't done so earlier) and you will be free to leave the area once all these steps are done.

As for questions to expect, do see the earlier posts. What you are asked depends on how you answer your questions also. As long as you are sincere in your answering, be natural and confidence and of course, smile, it should not be of a problem.

Training dates will be up to SIA's discretion as well as your availability. You will be told only after you clear your medical.

Good luck! :)

banchimania

Post by banchimania » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 3:56 pm

hie im going fir the final interview tomoorow as well but yet to received the email, im wondering wat does the email says and is there any form i need to print out?