Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
teruteru

Re: medical check up

Post by teruteru » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:53 pm

hey, congrats gal!!

I'm a singaporean, so i hope everything will be fast for me..
its not i'm impatient..
I can't afford to wait.. haha.. cos i have to give my answer to another company.. :(
I am stuck in between..

and i have already tendered to my current company..
i will be jobless sooonnnn if they still don't schedule a training date for me asap.. at least they let me know if i am successful or not.. i can take part time job first...

So i suppose you got selected 2 months ago?

Happy training.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: medical check up

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:08 pm

teruteru wrote:hey, congrats gal!!

I'm a singaporean, so i hope everything will be fast for me..
its not i'm impatient..
I can't afford to wait.. haha.. cos i have to give my answer to another company.. :(
I am stuck in between..

and i have already tendered to my current company..
i will be jobless sooonnnn if they still don't schedule a training date for me asap.. at least they let me know if i am successful or not.. i can take part time job first...

So i suppose you got selected 2 months ago?

Happy training.
oh. hmm.. maybe u can try dropping them an email to the same cabincrew recruit one. they check that email so i think u can try your luck there.

it was 1 month ago. =)
27thDec- write-in
8thJan- management
9th & 10thJan- medical/xray
16th Jan- Medical results out & training date set
25thJan- receieved agreement letter
the world at your doorstep.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:17 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
Eneres wrote:I'm so sad to be booted out on 27 Jan......Sigh!

I hope SQ will have a write in application soon. Just wondering because in Jan, i think there is a total of 3 interviews? (3rd, 15th and 27 Jan)?

Don be too upset le Eneres... there's another interview coming up soon... and u can try it out.. whereas i can't even try out any interview this 3 months.. that's even more saddening ...

Jia you kkz... next interview u will do better and i'm sure you will get in de... ^^

How i wish i can join u and mouse in the upcoming interview.. =/
Eneres & Iwannafly,

I'll be waiting patiently for you both and Val to join me as a working crew!
Dont fret, rmb confidence and I-can-do-it spirit will bring you to new points!

Hugs tight tight!
I can't wait to join u as a working crew too.. =/ Hopefully this 3 months will passed by super fast.. =D

mouse and Eneres.. Jia you too.. =D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:55 pm

I've created a blog whereby I can concentrate on helping others with their Q&A queries and other general interview uncertainty.

Due to certain sour grapes within 1 day, I've decided to make the blog on control whereby readers need to get an invite from me.

Hopefully whatever I can offer is some help to those who needs them
Last edited by pinklittlefigure on Tue, 29 Jan 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 2:10 pm

angietyj wrote:
yellowpig wrote:
omg wrote:i got e8 for my eng but i'm a 3 year Polytechnic student. can i go for the interview?
got 5olevel credits and diploma ?
i read somewhere that a person once got booted out because he/she held a diploma BUT nlevel ? dono why so weird de..

i think if you can speak relatively well, should be able to pass through..
Hey! Ive got Nlevel, ITE n MDIS Dip. w/o Os. I got in from the queue. but failed at first round. lol

You i when to the interview to try out with my n levels and o levels but was no allow to go through the interview as i got a D7 for my english o levels and i got 5 n levels cert but the gal there told me if i have a diploma i can go through so i guys O level english is important. I am retaking it this again. better do so before they change the o level standard to oxford next year . lol...

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 2:12 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:I've created a blog whereby I can concentrate on helping others with their Q&A queries and other general interview uncertainty.

http://www.the-interview-guru.blogspot.com

Hopefully whatever I can offer is some help to those who needs them
Pinklittlefigure,
hee.. so nice of u to do that... =D i'm sure you'll be able to help alot of ppl de...
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:00 pm

gahhh this is the first time i got rejected at the door! i was measured 157.5cm and i told the lady i've been through a few rounds before and she was like "no, no, new measuring system"

oh well. time to grow taller!

HippiEeEe

Post by HippiEeEe » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:01 pm

:( Oh well, I also did not make it on my 1-1 interview. Guess the Interviewer thinks I'm not good enough...

But however, the Interviewer did double check my cell-phone no and house contact no. :oops: Not giving myself any false hope, but do you guys think that they will still contact even though I'd fail this round?

Please advice!

Thanks!
Last edited by HippiEeEe on Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the Day with Power Confidence! ^^v

angietyj

sian

Post by angietyj » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:04 pm

hope feb got interview! n i gonna try again!! :D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: sian

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:06 pm

angietyj wrote:hope feb got interview! n i gonna try again!! :D
There will be a write in interview in about 2-3 weeks! Better gear up cos it is gonna be a uphill battle for victory!

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:24 pm

thanks pinklittlefigure for the reply!(: My friend had actually recieved a phone call from SIA for briefing today, she's signing contract tmr, and her training starts on this coming friday!!! SO FAST!!!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:27 pm

deviana-dee wrote:thanks pinklittlefigure for the reply!(: My friend had actually recieved a phone call from SIA for briefing today, she's signing contract tmr, and her training starts on this coming friday!!! SO FAST!!!
Woah, that is indeed very fast!
Hello there!

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:38 pm

msfifi wrote:gahhh this is the first time i got rejected at the door! i was measured 157.5cm and i told the lady i've been through a few rounds before and she was like "no, no, new measuring system"

oh well. time to grow taller!
hmm hmm, don be dishearted! Keep trying! Its all about LUCK at times :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:47 pm

deviana-dee wrote:thanks pinklittlefigure for the reply!(: My friend had actually recieved a phone call from SIA for briefing today, she's signing contract tmr, and her training starts on this coming friday!!! SO FAST!!!
when did she attend her intervieW??

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 3:49 pm

iwannefly wrote:
when did she attend her intervieW??
SUNDAY! 27TH JAN!!! :shock: Oh gosh i put one month of notice period. I wonder how long i need to wait for my medical results :(