Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ye_lavinia

Post by ye_lavinia » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:42 pm

Oh my gosh... that's terrible. And the poor girl will still have to face that sickening guy in the company. Disgusting...... :evil:

Yee Hui--- would you mind sharing your SIA interview experience with us?? Lots of us here are dying from nervousness about the interview next week. :D Thanks!

Wenz

Post by Wenz » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:46 pm

Not only worried of being rape...

When plane crushed, you suffered too! Remember the SQ006 incident in Taiwan! IRene was one of the Stewardess (leading) in that flight that day, the plane crashed! She managed to escaped but went back to save lives.... she is a heroine! She really love her job to her last breath!

Then there was also this malay stewardess, fatimah i think, she was disfigured during the crash! Her hands were burnt.... and i think her face too...do you think SIA compensation is enough for her....or should I say...do you think her sacrifice is worth it... she is only 18 when she was disfigured! It's for life.... It's a nightmare come alive!

Yee Hui

Post by Yee Hui » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:54 pm

The interview...

I remembered, I was put into a group of 10, and you will be asked to introduce yourself and share some of your life experiences...
Then they will put you into a room and you will wait for the results... the selected will go for the 1 to 1 interview...where you will be asked many questions on your family background..studies...working experience...basically, they want to know more about you and to see how you talk.... i mean how you present yourself...like oral tests in school like that, except that more relaxing...cos the interviewer very friendly...at least for mine, he is friendly!

Then go on for a online test...I dunno how to describe...

And next ...kebaya test! You will wear the kebaya...catwalk...then scan for scars....

AFter which you will be put into a tea party... they have to see if you can interact with the others and see if you can work in a group..in a team! You must talk...talk talk! Interact!!

Most importantly....SMILE! NATURALLY! RELAX!
ye_lavinia wrote:Oh my gosh... that's terrible. And the poor girl will still have to face that sickening guy in the company. Disgusting...... :evil:

Yee Hui--- would you mind sharing your SIA interview experience with us?? Lots of us here are dying from nervousness about the interview next week. :D Thanks!

^-^V

Post by ^-^V » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:55 pm

i think wat freak me out most is the senior and junior stuff..
look like wat i watch in the jap drama.. whereby in school the junior bullied by the senior schmate. =/
sleeping alone? i thought there would be a buddy.
so the buddy travel same flight with each other always?

Sulenez

Post by Sulenez » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:57 pm

Is it a good place to fish for Rich Boyfriends..hee! Rich Businessman bfs.....

ting57

Post by ting57 » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:57 pm

im having my interview on the 23april at 1110. ani1 out ther who has the same timing as me? maybe we can meet up or wad...

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 3:59 pm

Hi ting57,

I am having my interview same time same date as yours....

ting57 wrote:im having my interview on the 23april at 1110. ani1 out ther who has the same timing as me? maybe we can meet up or wad...

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 4:10 pm

Leto wrote:
hear my fren told me about the gossiping and backstabbing stuff at sia..
wonder if it happen to all airline or juz sia? :?
i had been flying for more than 7 yrz now.. and i must say that the level of backstabbing (if any) might be lower than a lot of other places.. i should think that office politics would be worse than what we experience on board and in the teams..

actually.. come to think of it.. i dont think i come across any backstabbing while flying..

but dont we all love gossips? look me up when u get to fly and we'll share some stories *grin*

by the way... did u hear abt the fella who.. hmm.. nevermind..
thanks leto.. you are so nice.. makes me feel better.
Maybe all this concerns are secondary yet.
I hope i can get in!
Same for the other girls here. :)

Hi_all

SIA cabin crew

Post by Hi_all » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 4:19 pm

Just wondering how many stewardess and stewards will they recruit this time ? What is the earliest date can they start their classes ?

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 4:46 pm

ting57 wrote:im having my interview on the 23april at 1110. ani1 out ther who has the same timing as me? maybe we can meet up or wad...
hmm 1110 seems like heaven to me...my is at 0850 :( hav to wait up way earlier than usual i guess :? anyone else same time as me on sat?

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 4:57 pm

Mine is 23 April Saturday at 1010hrs. Anyone with the same timing?

Yee Hui-- Thanks for letting us know the interview stuff! Sorry about my naggy posts... but do u remember how many from each group will advance to the next round?? how many days of interviews are there in all? Do we have to wait for days in between the stages?? The kebaya test- someone mentioned that they'll put you under a light and look for scars and marks. Are they standing directly next to you or from a distance??

Once again, sorry for my very long and naggy and "desperate" questions..

:D :P

joannetyn

Post by joannetyn » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 5:07 pm

hello,

i'm new here. i accidentally found this place while searching for tips & guides for MAS's interview tomorrow.

i was shortlisted for the March batch interview & i god kicked out after the 1st round of interview. *sob*

during the 1st round there are 9 of us in a group going into a room & the lady asked us to introduced ourself. tell her whatever we want her to know about us. after all 9 of us are done we were ask to wait outside the room for the results. within minutes the people are back & told us that none of us got selected. ='( boy... was i depressed! because i was in the middle of my final exams in University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) & i spent hundreds of ringgits for the air ticket just to go for the interview & rush back for my final paper. but who is there to blame? since i'm so desperate of getting the job...

anyway, i did apply for the april batch but seems like i'm not shortlisted. i just checked through their website & seems like there will be another round in May... those of you who are as anticipated as i am... make sure you don't miss the chance.

please check out www.cabincrewjobs.com they have very informative tips on ways to ace the interview. i feel that those guides written in the website very much resembles what SIA is looking for. a word of advice... please don't go unprepared... if not you are sure not to make it through the 1st round unless you are very very lucky like 1 of my relatives who is currently flying with SIA.

BTW, i would like to know... if walk-in interview SIA is applicable for next week's interview? can anyone with the invitation let us know where is the venue? because the last time i went for the interview i saw some of the girls just got there & fill in the application form just like that.

i will all of those who are going for the interview... the best of luck... \(^o^)/

*Precious*

choose

Post by *Precious* » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 5:59 pm

If u need to choose between going for an interview with SQ and Emirates,which would u choose?Help?

^-^V

Post by ^-^V » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 6:06 pm

go for both lo...

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 6:13 pm

Does anyone knows which are the airlines that hire Singaporean crew??
SIA, Emirates, BA, JAL, Etihad, Qatar... Can't think of any more now...