Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Rach

Post by Rach » Tue, 24 May 2005 6:28 pm

Andrew Low wrote:
pin wrote:
Rach wrote:hi Glenny, yes, I enjoy flying with SIA. I get to fly to many countries, good pay & SIA is branded, i simply love it! Do i sound arrogant? Oops, I'm sorry if I do... so hard feeling... hee..:)

I am flying with SIA for 4 years already, as I have told Sihui in my previous entry.

By the way Glenny, what are you working as now?? Or still a student?? Aren't you interested to join SIA like the other girls, since your aunt is an interviewer with SIA and you knows the critieria better than others??
hi, rachel,

just want to ask you abt working in SIA.. as a married cabin crew, can you actually get pregnant during the bond or contract? does the bond or contract state that you cant get pregnant during servicing it?

what happen to those crews who got pregnant? can they still continue to fly or have to go for unpaid leave?

do u think SIA will still recruits people who's married but no kids (ROM only)? please advise.. thank u so much..
Hi,

So long your doctor certified that you're pregnant you are not allow to fly.

Not sure what the exact agreement for the girl, perhap Rach might be able to help you on that

Cheers
Andrew Low
Hi!

I'm sorry but have to say that during your bond of 22 months, you are NOT allow to get pregnant. It is stated in the bond when u signed it before you started your training.

However, after your 22 months bond, and you are still flying with SIA, you can get pregnant. SIA will eith put you to a ground job or you stop working for that period. You will be paid for your maternity leave, but very little, only your basic salary. After giving birth, if you can go back in shape, yes, you can continue your flying duties.

If you mare married, SIA will still empoy you, as long as you are not pregnant during your 22 months of bond, you will be fince. But nevertheless, SIA do prefer single girls to married ones.

:)

junega|

Post by junega| » Tue, 24 May 2005 6:28 pm

Hi Worriedgirl...

I agree with what Reject-boi has said. hmmm... since you are invited for their interview... Why dont you just go for it. Meanwhile you can use the following days to practice your self introduction lines etc. Good Luck :)

Worriedgirl

Post by Worriedgirl » Tue, 24 May 2005 6:31 pm

To Reject-boi,

You are such a kind and helpful person.
I think I'll give up. :cry:
As plavt said, it will just wasting my time.....
Anyway, reject-boi, I really appreciate the support you gave me.
All the best to you :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 May 2005 7:31 pm

Message deleted due to unwanted interference by bb1 Guest, kindly take your opinons elsewhere and don't try to supplement my posts don't!1.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 24 May 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

SIA Cabin Crew.

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 May 2005 7:34 pm

Dear Worried Girl,
Perhaps you can let me have your e-mail so I you can read what I do say; since I never said you would be wasting your time, that was added by somebody who somehow interfered with with my posting. A great shame there is always somebody who has nothing better with his sad pathetic life.

Anyway hope to hear from you, take care and best wishes.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 24 May 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Tue, 24 May 2005 9:06 pm

Worriedgirl wrote:Thank you to "Guest", Plavt and bb1..
I think I really have to improve my english 1st and re-apply again in next intake. A great day to you all...thanks a lot :wink:
Dear Worriedgirl,

I would suggest you to go for the interview since you're shortlisted.
At least get a taste of how they conduct the interview, whatever is mention here is just from their experience or knowledge. But once you attend you will at least aware of how is it going.

Regards
Andrew Low

Best

Re: Creepy!

Post by Best » Tue, 24 May 2005 9:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:here`s a creepy and a rumour ghost story...did all of u heard about the SQ006 accident at taiwan a few yrs back...here`s the true story...that was nvr reported..

SIA have removed SQ006 permanently from their timetable.
The flight number is now replaced to SQ030.
The return flight of SQ005 now SQ029

From now on, SQ006 is history.
The flight number was change after SIA investigation team and management found something spooky happened on SQ006 final flight.

Believe or not,if u recall,
exactly 1 year ago on the date that SQ006 crashed,
there was a Taiwanese SIA stewardess murdered in a hotel in LA.
The murder suspect was her fellow colleague.
Remember ?
Her naked body was dismembered and hidden in a cupboard.
Do you know that she was wearing red when her body was flown back to Singapore on SQ005 via Taipei and wore red when she was burried.

Her mother wore red too to recieve her body at Changi Airport.
Exactly 1 year (31 October) later on her death anniversary,the plane crashed in Chang Kai Shek Airport.
Coincidentaly, this was also the day the "murderer" steward was released from prison.
The SQ006 TPE-LAX sector was schedule to leave TPE at 10.55pm. As there was an approaching typhoon.

SQ006 captain & flight officers decided to board the plane and depart 15mins earlier. The L1 & L2 door were not closed till the 10.55pm (the original departure time)
Reason being the numbers of pax do not tally with the passenger lists in the economy section.
One of the junior stewardese counted 5 times and adviced her colleague that she cannot tally the pax in the economy section.
Both of them counted the pax again and confirmed on an xtra pax in the cabin.
When they re-counted the pax with the chief stewardese again the number of pax were correct.

Later the junior stewardese informed her chief stewardess that 1 of the lady pax sitting in 40A (in front section of the economy class) was not there and cannot locate her in the lavatory either.
The flight was pushed back as schedule.
The 2 junior stewardess were among the casualties in SQ006 and none of the pax in the front economy section survived the crash. As for the chief stewardess suffered slight injuries as she was sitting in the business class section.
While preparing the flight for LAX in the business class section, one of the male in-flight supervisor who can "see things" happened to see a lady flipping through the pax listing which was placed on one of the list class cabin table.
As there were cleaners in the cabin vacuuming, he did not shout at her but when he make to the 1st class section,there were no sign of this lady.
The male in-flight supervisor was among the survivors unscratched as he was sitting at the back section of the economy cabin.
This story was brought up during investigation interview with the SQ006 crews.
There was suspicision that the murder a year ago could have involved more then 1 person but they were let off.
It was belief that the accomplices could have been in the SQ006.
It was understood that one of the male in-flight steward who died in this crash is a buddy of the murderer.
The flight number was immediately changed after this interview.
Believe it or not !

Is this for real? Where u get this story from?

Worriedgirl

Post by Worriedgirl » Tue, 24 May 2005 10:12 pm

I feel very warm after reading the opinions and the possitive encouragement from you guys.. :o :P

I think I should give myself a try. Never try, never know, right? Even I know that the chance for me to pass the interview is very very low.

Reject-boi, how long for self introduction section? Do I need to talk about my hobbies, strengths, family.....? Thanks :o

my email add: [email protected]
:P

becky

Post by becky » Tue, 24 May 2005 11:00 pm

Worriedgirl wrote:I feel very warm after reading the opinions and the possitive encouragement from you guys.. :o :P

I think I should give myself a try. Never try, never know, right? Even I know that the chance for me to pass the interview is very very low.

Reject-boi, how long for self introduction section? Do I need to talk about my hobbies, strengths, family.....? Thanks :o

I think you should give it a go. You never know what will happen till you make the first step. Btw, I don't see how your English is that bad. By reading ur posts, I think your English is pretty good. So don't give up.........you're lucky to be invited to the interview.......I'm still waiting for the next intake...hopefully there will be one in july or else, I'll go to melbourne. Take care....good luck :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 24 May 2005 11:31 pm

Worriedgirl wrote:I feel very warm after reading the opinions and the possitive encouragement from you guys.. :o :P

Worriedgirl... let me stomp around in here for a minute and raise some hell.

First, the rest of the posters are absolutely correct... you've got an opportunity that others wish they could have... TAKE IT... and run with it. Holy moly, my dear... don't talk yourself out of an opportunity.

Second, get rid of that handle WORRIEDGIRL. What is that? You succeed when you have confidence. Act like a mouse, people treat you like a mouse. Act like a lion, people treat you like a lion. You are perceived exactly as you perceive yourself.

Believe in yourself! Own your gold! You got the interview for some reason, didn't you? It's because you have what it takes.

Don't be so rehearsed. Don't try to answer questions as you might imagine others would want them answered. Answer them from your heart. When you do, you will be alive. When you don't, you are wooden and artificial. Look, if this is meant to be, then it will be your genuine self that wins the job. Don't try and be like anyone else.

Americans are sometimes accused of being loud mouthed, arrogant, self absorbed people... and there is some truth in that. The flip side to that view is that we believe in ourselves, we believe in our own individuality, and we believe in making our own luck.

So, jump on this great deal. Put on a business dress... one that is professional and yet accentuates your feminine side. Be yourself. Be confident. And guess what? When you don't know an answer, say, "I don't know." Honesty is refreshing. It is the bullshit and role playing that get people elimiated from any job.

Best of luck, Luckygirl.

Reject-boi

Post by Reject-boi » Tue, 24 May 2005 11:37 pm

In Round 1, you will have your height/weight taken and then led into a room with 10 other candidates consisting or 2-3 interviewers, each interviewer has a score card.

You will be asked "Please tell us your name, age, what are you doing now, family and anything about yourself in less than 1 min"

You can mention your hobbies, your strengths, family background and work experience - anything in 1 minute.

Just smile and be humble. I practiced with a mirror.

Out of 10 of you, usually 1-2 will advance, rest will be asked to leave. :shock:

Becky - You're waiting for the next recruitment, yes, me 2! We're in the same boat! :)

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 2:57 am

ophs i missed out the cover letter and only sent resume for silkair.erm...is it ok?or shd i resend everything again?

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Wed, 25 May 2005 9:10 am

Rach wrote:
Andrew Low wrote:
pin wrote: hi, rachel,

just want to ask you abt working in SIA.. as a married cabin crew, can you actually get pregnant during the bond or contract? does the bond or contract state that you cant get pregnant during servicing it?

what happen to those crews who got pregnant? can they still continue to fly or have to go for unpaid leave?

do u think SIA will still recruits people who's married but no kids (ROM only)? please advise.. thank u so much..
Hi,

So long your doctor certified that you're pregnant you are not allow to fly.

Not sure what the exact agreement for the girl, perhap Rach might be able to help you on that

Cheers
Andrew Low
Hi!

I'm sorry but have to say that during your bond of 22 months, you are NOT allow to get pregnant. It is stated in the bond when u signed it before you started your training.

However, after your 22 months bond, and you are still flying with SIA, you can get pregnant. SIA will eith put you to a ground job or you stop working for that period. You will be paid for your maternity leave, but very little, only your basic salary. After giving birth, if you can go back in shape, yes, you can continue your flying duties.

If you mare married, SIA will still empoy you, as long as you are not pregnant during your 22 months of bond, you will be fince. But nevertheless, SIA do prefer single girls to married ones.

:)
Hi Rach,

I dun think SIA will give u a ground job when u're pregnant. My sis has to resign due to her pregnancy; SIA told her theres no ground job available. Moreover she was not entitled to any paid maternity leave at all. She has to stop working for abt 1 year (including confinement) before she applied to SIA as a flying mother...

jillian

Post by jillian » Wed, 25 May 2005 10:36 am

Hi All!!
:D I stumble on this site yesterday & spend sometime readin over 60 pages. First of all, congrats to those who got selected for interview on next sunday at KL. :) I am also 1 of them. Got my e-mail last thrus. Boy, I m pretty nervous now. But after readin all posting, I'll definitely gif my best. Thanks all.. cuz b4 this I m hesitatin to go for it or not.

anybody got selected & goin on nex sunday? I'd like to get to noe u..
Add me.. my ymsg is jillian811114 or my email [email protected]

Cheers to all,
Jillian

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 11:36 am

do i still stand a chance if i am a malaysian without any qualifications? my highest qualification is only diploma in secretarialship. thanks.