Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:48 am

bongirl wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:58 am
Just be thankful. Btw, government are already GENEROUS enough to help the crew/aviation industry. Stop being calculative.

Are you a crew? Learn to be thankful.
Truckfulloflikes-lg.jpg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 3:20 am

qpzjr- wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:37 am
bongirl wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:58 am
No it's only basic. You are not flying how are they going to give you flying allowance? They are only helping us with the basic allowances, that's all. It's better then nothing, Initially was no pay leave without getting even the basic. Just be thankful. Btw, government are already GENEROUS enough to help the crew/aviation industry. Stop being calculative.

Are you a crew? Learn to be thankful.
Oh did I step on your tail? Calm your nerves man I'm not even a crew, I'm just stating my observation. I just feel sorry for all my flying friends. 4-5k Salary suddenly getting 75% of 1300. That just sucks.
When a person are agitated or not calm, they will divert the attention to others .. looking so many drama onboard. Haha. Oh I didn't know human has tails? Sorry I don't have a tail so you can't step. You have a tail yourself? You are human or some other species? Didn't know they are so IT literate. Identify yourself to the world so you will be recognise, maybe in the world genesis record. 🤣

Btw, Your message , your way of replying, You will never become one. No, we don't need your pity as you can't help much, do you? Just MYOB. Simple. We don't need someone who is not an experience/current crew him/herself to observe anything. Really. That would be very thankful to you by not spreading rumours or untrue news. Also, If you doesn't know how does crew calculation or by hearing this says that, than I would advise you to just keeping the comments yourself. That would help very much in this crisis period. By asking you not to be calculative is because there are some(very few) black sheep crew (old aunty/uncle) whois that and making hell for everyone by not being a team members. Maybe menopause? In the end they were fire. Anyway have a nice day and stop the argument. It will not reflect better :).

Also 4-5k initially to 1.3k? You know initially was 0 without the government help. You are too calculative. Just be thankful dude. Too calculative in life will makes u a stressful person.

Also those people who initial getting it as a crew and was dismissed, good luck and try again after this crisis. It may take sometimes. But don't despair and stay positive and don't listen to people who are trying hard to be smart and observe this or that with no official news. Stay positive guys :)❤️

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:16 pm

:cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

xqpr-

Post by xqpr- » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 2:44 pm

Anyone got next review date?
Last edited by xqpr- on Mon, 30 Mar 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bennybenben

Post by Bennybenben » Thu, 09 Apr 2020 10:29 am

mockxngjay wrote:
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 2:45 pm
Hi All,

SIA just informed me today that my application was not successful. They sent me an email few weeks prior saying that my application was successful and I was required to submit few documents to for my EP which I have already done. It took them 10 weeks to get back to me to say this. What could have gone wrong at this stage? Has anyone heard from them in regards to their application?
I am so sorry to hear that it was unsuccessful. Based on what I know, it means that your application with sia is already successful. Just that maybe your EP application is not successful that is why they have to reject your application as you cannot work without EP. It could or could not be due to the virus issue that your EP application is not successful. After all this is over do try again. Don’t give up ! Be positive okay.

legalpie

Post by legalpie » Fri, 15 May 2020 11:00 pm

Hi for those who always wonder how is the interview process you can pm me and ask mequestion. Yes, I passed my interview back on January and been selected to join them when this covid 19 end ! feel free to me ask me all your question. I'm a steward please dont ask me about the "kebaya"

Michelleckx

Post by Michelleckx » Wed, 27 May 2020 5:43 pm

@legalpie

May I know did you receive their email that after this covid 19 you will join them ?
I have passed my interview on July 2019 and I passed my test on March ..
But due to this covid 19 , I can’t go for medical check up , they did emailed me to wait and they will inform me again once this covid 19 end..

Collette123

Post by Collette123 » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 3:49 am

Hey, i just found out about this website, and i find it quite helpful even though im not singaporean, :D does anyone know if a person with a high canine tooth can get in ? Do you really have to have the perfect teeth to apply for SIA ? When i smile it’s nothing too distracting, but im not sure if i should put on braces or not because it’s quite pricy and im not sure i want to get rid of it. Thankyou so much <3

For reference Mine look something like this :

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... M&usqp=CAU

Is it still acceptable? Any kind of reply would really help thankyou so much
Last edited by Collette123 on Fri, 05 Jun 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Collette123

Post by Collette123 » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 3:55 am

Collette123 wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 3:49 am
Hey, i just found out about this website, and i find it quite helpful even though im not singaporean, :D does anyone know if a person with a high canine teeth can get in ? Do you really have to have the perfect teeth to apply for SIA ? When i smile it’s nothing too distracting, but im not sure if i should put on braces or not because it’s quite pricy and im not sure i want to get rid of it. Thankyou so much <3

Mine look something like this :

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... M&usqp=CAU

Is it still acceptable? Any kind of reply would really help thankyou so much

xgirlboss

Post by xgirlboss » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 12:49 pm

Hey guys. I’ve been flying for 1.5 years or so and would like to answer any doubts you guys have regarding training/flying etc. Am only doing this cos I was once here on this page frantically looking for answers only to find none. Feel free to PM me! :)

uwutoyou

Post by uwutoyou » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 4:10 am

xgirlboss wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 12:49 pm
Hey guys. I’ve been flying for 1.5 years or so and would like to answer any doubts you guys have regarding training/flying etc. Am only doing this cos I was once here on this page frantically looking for answers only to find none. Feel free to PM me! :)
Hey girl! May I ask how your interview went?

I got KIV-ed because of a scar on my arm and scared of how strict they'll be in the next round.

xgirlboss

Post by xgirlboss » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 2:56 pm

PM-ed you! :)

steffi24

Post by steffi24 » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:29 pm

legalpie wrote:
Fri, 15 May 2020 11:00 pm
Hi for those who always wonder how is the interview process you can pm me and ask mequestion. Yes, I passed my interview back on January and been selected to join them when this covid 19 end ! feel free to me ask me all your question. I'm a steward please dont ask me about the "kebaya"

Hi @legalpie ! May I know when did you receive their email that you will join them after this covid 19? Did they give you any time frame or even any updates? As I did received an email saying that they will inform the on-boarding & training date once covid-19 situation improves.

Jnv

Post by Jnv » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 7:42 pm

Does anyone know when is the next training date for those who successfully got in?

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 7:56 pm

R u real person?

SQ freeze recruitment and today just announcement axe 2400 person.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk