Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cindy.cin

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by cindy.cin » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 11:52 pm

Their website stated there is a march interview, i doubt it gonna happen since there are so many excess crews... :?

mellowmargarine

Post by mellowmargarine » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:42 am

I suspected as much, but seems like they removed the March interview from the vacancy page to a more general, 'we'll contact you for an in-person interview if shortlisted'. Don't worry too much about checking your emails, guys, just let it run its course. :)

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:59 am

mellowmargarine wrote:
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:42 am
I suspected as much, but seems like they removed the March interview from the vacancy page to a more general, 'we'll contact you for an in-person interview if shortlisted'. Don't worry too much about checking your emails, guys, just let it run its course. :)
As of this point, the website still says:

Online application is now open. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a video interview online. Candidates who are shortlisted from the video interviews will be invited for to attend our interviews in March 2020.

mellowmargarine

Post by mellowmargarine » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 1:11 pm

qpzjr- wrote:
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:59 am
mellowmargarine wrote:
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:42 am
As of this point, the website still says:

Online application is now open. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a video interview online. Candidates who are shortlisted from the video interviews will be invited for to attend our interviews in March 2020.
Oh, sorry, I meant for the Malaysian interviews. I forgot to specify, haha. It was previously January (which they did have), then March, now no date at all.

haikaldan747

Post by haikaldan747 » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 7:16 pm

Hello guys,
Just to inform you that yes they might stop the hiring process cause im on of those who got affected as well. supposingly to go contract signing on 4th March and training starts on 13 March. HR called and emailed me 1 week before contract signing date to inform me about class deferment. They told me that class will deferred till June for now due to the Virus Situation. So hope this helps:)

Anybody from batch 14/20 onwards got affected by this as well? Can PM me too so we can chat hehehe

mrsking

Post by mrsking » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 11:52 am

hello, im asking on behalf of my friend...
is there anyone here who got email for the initial 15feb invite at STC but got postponed due to the covid and would like to stay in touch, kindly pm me. thanks.

drummerju

Post by drummerju » Sun, 22 Mar 2020 3:05 am

Hey guys, I applied for the position of cabin crew on 16th March and received an email for video interview alongside psychometric tests the following day. Later that night, I completed the video interview on Hirevue.. now I am waiting for their email about the second interview (hopefully I am able to receive it).

Current Timeline:
Application for Crew - 16th March
Email Invitation for Online Interview - 17th March

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Mon, 23 Mar 2020 3:07 am

drummerju wrote:
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 3:05 am
Hey guys, I applied for the position of cabin crew on 16th March and received an email for video interview alongside psychometric tests the following day. Later that night, I completed the video interview on Hirevue.. now I am waiting for their email about the second interview (hopefully I am able to receive it).

Current Timeline:
Application for Crew - 16th March
Email Invitation for Online Interview - 17th March
Don't get your hopes too high, highly doubt the interview will happen anytime soon. They are already having excess of more than 500 existing crew. With the amount of flights that have been cut, no reason at all for them to hire and train new ones at the moment.

I am guessing they are just leaving the applications open so that they have a larger pool of candidates to choose from once everything resumes back to normal.

mockxngjay

Post by mockxngjay » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 2:45 pm

Hi All,

SIA just informed me today that my application was not successful. They sent me an email few weeks prior saying that my application was successful and I was required to submit few documents to for my EP which I have already done. It took them 10 weeks to get back to me to say this. What could have gone wrong at this stage? Has anyone heard from them in regards to their application?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 7:10 pm

Perhaps the fact that 96% of their flights are grounded. That means a heck of an excess of cabin crew already on their payroll.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:36 am

mockxngjay wrote:
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 2:45 pm
Hi All,

SIA just informed me today that my application was not successful. They sent me an email few weeks prior saying that my application was successful and I was required to submit few documents to for my EP which I have already done. It took them 10 weeks to get back to me to say this. What could have gone wrong at this stage? Has anyone heard from them in regards to their application?
Unfortunately they are probably just not hiring at the moment.

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 4:58 pm

Alot of them are under no pay leave initially, but thankfully with the government package came to rescue. Truthfully, they have alot alot of excessive crew now. For those hopeful, don't wait. just find other job. This time are not the right time. Anyway, good luck.

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:29 pm

bongirl wrote:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 4:58 pm
Alot of them are under no pay leave initially, but thankfully with the government package came to rescue. Truthfully, they have alot alot of excessive crew now. For those hopeful, don't wait. just find other job. This time are not the right time. Anyway, good luck.
I'm just wondering.. Even with the 75% wage budge support from the government, if assuming it's based on a crew's basic monthly salary.. That would mean only 75% of $1300 = $975

Unless they are so generous to base the amount on INCLUDING average flying allowances. Which I highly doubt so.

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:58 am

No it's only basic. You are not flying how are they going to give you flying allowance? They are only helping us with the basic allowances, that's all. It's better then nothing, Initially was no pay leave without getting even the basic. Just be thankful. Btw, government are already GENEROUS enough to help the crew/aviation industry. Stop being calculative.

Are you a crew? Learn to be thankful.

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:37 am

bongirl wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:58 am
No it's only basic. You are not flying how are they going to give you flying allowance? They are only helping us with the basic allowances, that's all. It's better then nothing, Initially was no pay leave without getting even the basic. Just be thankful. Btw, government are already GENEROUS enough to help the crew/aviation industry. Stop being calculative.

Are you a crew? Learn to be thankful.
Oh did I step on your tail? Calm your nerves man I'm not even a crew, I'm just stating my observation. I just feel sorry for all my flying friends. 4-5k Salary suddenly getting 75% of 1300. That just sucks.