Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flakes

Post by flakes » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 8:40 pm

anyone signing the contract soon? any idea what's the attire?

sarongpartygirl

Post by sarongpartygirl » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 8:57 pm

nope i received a call from them but not an email.
so may i ask dydy what time she is gng and what to bring on thursday?

WY84

Post by WY84 » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 9:11 pm

charmaiin wrote:
ilnew wrote: you have any idea when they will usually send out the letter? like how long after the medical has been done?
i'm getting so paranoid! :(
hhaha im not too sure about that but i guess within 2 weeks as well! tt time my friends got their calls/letters alr.. but i was still left hanging cos i got neither!

also, i think they call according to your avail date.. since it was jan/feb then, and i can only start in may this yr, i was one of the last to get my calls outta all my friends.. cos they clear those ppl who can start earlier first (:

hope this helps!
Hi Charmaiin, i have got a question here hope you are able to give a reply on. I have went for the 16th Jan interview previously and had cleared my medical around end Jan /early Feb i have told them that i could only start in June so the lady told me that she will call me in end March/ early April to confirm my training date. Understand u are in the same situation as me am just wondering if you have already received a call from them as i have received none!

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 9:25 pm

WY84 wrote: Hi Charmaiin, i have got a question here hope you are able to give a reply on. I have went for the 16th Jan interview previously and had cleared my medical around end Jan /early Feb i have told them that i could only start in June so the lady told me that she will call me in end March/ early April to confirm my training date. Understand u are in the same situation as me am just wondering if you have already received a call from them as i have received none!
hey WY84! nope i have not gotten the call! i think they'll only call about 3 weeks prior to your start of training, so for me.. since i can only start may, im guessing i'll get the call around this week or next week! (:

my friend who passed on 10 jan is also still waitin for the call, starting in may too.

i'll let u know when i get the call. in the meantime, u can pm me!

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 9:35 pm

hey citruxleafs! i pm-ed u but my msg got auto redirected to "outbox" instead of "sentbox" .. so im not sure if u got my pm! do check!

dydy

Re: to dydy

Post by dydy » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 9:41 pm

sarongpartygirl wrote:hey dydy, i will be gng down on thrusday also, but what time will you be gng, and do we need to bring anythig extra?
Hi Sarongpartygirl!
My time slot is at 10.30am, & I have another guy friend whose timing is at 10am.
Have you gotten the email from SQ?

I think the normal documents such as original of certs & birth cert. (:

I'm still contemplating if I want to go, because frankly, I'm happy with Jetstar. SQ is just too tough. :???:

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:23 pm

charmaiin wrote:hey citruxleafs! i pm-ed u but my msg got auto redirected to "outbox" instead of "sentbox" .. so im not sure if u got my pm! do check!
babe, i replied your PM. I sent and it went to my outbox too, u do a check ok.

jovialityy

Post by jovialityy » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:38 pm

WY84 wrote:
charmaiin wrote:
ilnew wrote: you have any idea when they will usually send out the letter? like how long after the medical has been done?
i'm getting so paranoid! :(
hhaha im not too sure about that but i guess within 2 weeks as well! tt time my friends got their calls/letters alr.. but i was still left hanging cos i got neither!

also, i think they call according to your avail date.. since it was jan/feb then, and i can only start in may this yr, i was one of the last to get my calls outta all my friends.. cos they clear those ppl who can start earlier first (:

hope this helps!
Hi Charmaiin, i have got a question here hope you are able to give a reply on. I have went for the 16th Jan interview previously and had cleared my medical around end Jan /early Feb i have told them that i could only start in June so the lady told me that she will call me in end March/ early April to confirm my training date. Understand u are in the same situation as me am just wondering if you have already received a call from them as i have received none!
Hi WY84, I think I'm in the same situation as you. I cleared the interview on 20th Mar, and I received a call notifiying me that I cleared my medical a week after. But as I can only start my training in June, they said they advice me on the training date in around end of April. So I guess most likely you will receive their call nearing this month end?

Like you and charmaiin, I'm still waiting too =))

WY84

Post by WY84 » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:46 pm

charmaiin wrote:
WY84 wrote: Hi Charmaiin, i have got a question here hope you are able to give a reply on. I have went for the 16th Jan interview previously and had cleared my medical around end Jan /early Feb i have told them that i could only start in June so the lady told me that she will call me in end March/ early April to confirm my training date. Understand u are in the same situation as me am just wondering if you have already received a call from them as i have received none!
hey WY84! nope i have not gotten the call! i think they'll only call about 3 weeks prior to your start of training, so for me.. since i can only start may, im guessing i'll get the call around this week or next week! (:

my friend who passed on 10 jan is also still waitin for the call, starting in may too.

i'll let u know when i get the call. in the meantime, u can pm me!
Hey thanks for your prompt reply! greatly appreciated :D i guess u should be receiving the calls earlier than me since u can starts in May whereas i can only starts in June. I saw from other posting in this forum seems like quite a few ppl got their call already and will be starting in early May.Mind if i get your msn so that we can chat more? I am newly joined member cant pm yet.

WY84

Post by WY84 » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:03 pm

Hi WY84, I think I'm in the same situation as you. I cleared the interview on 20th Mar, and I received a call notifiying me that I cleared my medical a week after. But as I can only start my training in June, they said they advice me on the training date in around end of April. So I guess most likely you will receive their call nearing this month end?

Like you and charmaiin, I'm still waiting too =))[/quote]

Hi Jovialityy, glad to see your msg above! I feel much relieved because i have already tendered my resignation and soon will be out of job. Hopefully they will not forget to call me by then as my application was like close to half a year ago already!

jovialityy

Post by jovialityy » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:36 pm

WY84 wrote:Hi Jovialityy, glad to see your msg above! I feel much relieved because i have already tendered my resignation and soon will be out of job. Hopefully they will not forget to call me by then as my application was like close to half a year ago already!
Don't worry, I'm sure they won't forget your application =))

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by harajukugirl » Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:38 am

sarongpartygirl wrote:nope i received a call from them but not an email.
so may i ask dydy what time she is gng and what to bring on thursday?
hi sarongpartygirl, i sent you a PM =)
i think you may need at least 5 posts before you can send PMs though.

sarongpartygirl

Post by sarongpartygirl » Wed, 07 Apr 2010 1:42 am

hey dydy, but since u have experience in jetstar maybe ur chances in sia will be higher? okay harjuku girl i shall try to fulfill the number of posts. ive got 2 more post to go

sarongpartygirl

Post by sarongpartygirl » Wed, 07 Apr 2010 1:43 am

dydy do you know the easiest and fastest and ost convenien way to get to STC?

sarongpartygirl

Post by sarongpartygirl » Wed, 07 Apr 2010 1:45 am

and dydy how many people doyo uthink will appear on thurs?