Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 5:22 pm

Streets: I'm starting on the 6th so I'll see you in STC at the end of March! :D

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 5:39 pm

Please take note and do not waste your time as well as the SIA interviewers' time if you do NOT meet the minimum height or educational qualification.
Those who are "banned" please do NOT attend the interview until your "ban" period is over.
Of course, SIA would let you attend the first round for formality sake but you would surely never survive that first round. 8-)

soggy

Post by soggy » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 5:52 pm

i am just wondering if there will be a skin check or anything like so for guys in any of the rounds? not much is mentioned with regards to the male's interview process, although from what i've gathered, it's more or less similar less the kebaya round. any information or tips will be much appreciated. :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 5:59 pm

crystalheart wrote: Till today i don't know who this BT is. Of course from the things he blogs,he was a cce with sia before. Boh Tong is not only a mystery to me but to all the ppl in SIA. :lol:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hallelujah!!!! This is a post I have been wanting to see for some time. From a purely personal point of view I have always been deeply suspicious of his website. Firstly he claims to have been a CCE but his English is less than you would logically expect and although some say 'oh but that was years ago,' this doesn't hold water since if anything requirements for cabin crew in some aspects would have been stricter (e.g. on many airlines at one time you would not have been accepted as stewardess unless you were both unmarried and a registered nurse!) :o

Further more some of the articles on the afore mentioned's website are suspect. In one he asks whether a supervisor was right to slap a stewardess in some event, the details of which I have forgotten. That however did not happen on any SIA jet. The incident occurred on a plane belonging to Bimah airways. In addition he mentions something about black curtains in the SIA training centre. Part of that post I found on the pprune website. On top of this he spells the names of his colleague's incorrectly which is strange as he a native of the region and claims to have worked with SIA for 35 years.

What I also find strange is that anybody would bother to record that number of incidents, the norm is when somebody retires is to relax and forget about work. All I can say is from what Crystalheart and myself have written draw your own conclusions. :wink:

Enjoy this post BT, I know you are registered here under a different nic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:05 pm

I am sorry I have to correct myself in this statement that I've made earlier ......Of course from the things he blogs,he was a cce with sia before.......What I was trying to say was "from the things he blogs he CLAIMS he was a cce.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:24 pm

Plavt wrote:Firstly he claims to have been a CCE but his English is less than you would logically expect and although some say 'oh but that was years ago,' this doesn't hold water since if anything requirements for cabin crew in some aspects would have been stricter
35 years ago from the Great SIA SARS retrench exercise will meant that BT join the Airline somewhere in the 1967. During that time the educational level in Singapore was very very low, there were not much English speaking Singaporean too back then.

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:29 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Plavt wrote:Firstly he claims to have been a CCE but his English is less than you would logically expect and although some say 'oh but that was years ago,' this doesn't hold water since if anything requirements for cabin crew in some aspects would have been stricter
35 years ago from the Great SIA SARS retrench exercise will meant that BT join the Airline somewhere in the 1967. During that time the educational level in Singapore was very very low, there were not much English speaking Singaporean too back then.
I think Plavt is correct in saying so because there are certain things the airlines would not compromise and that is the standard of spoken and written English. Our conclusion is BT was not a cce as he claimed to be. :evil:

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:43 pm

I think BT seems rather dubious too from the way he post on his blog. He claims to know Mr SS Tan as ex colleague, perhaps Mr Tan will know how BT is like :P
Hello there!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:58 pm

There are lots of weird senior crew that join during that time. SS Tan is here with a different nick too promoting his new business. BT has a new post on duties of a cabin crew,90% accurate....... :o

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 7:04 pm

Abercrombie wrote: BT has a new post on duties of a cabin crew,90% accurate....... :o
Probably plagiarism. :(

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 7:25 pm

^ lol! probably.

well no matter what, it is the internet. people can write whatever they want. (cos they have soooo much time to spare) and not all sources are reliable and genuine. so we just have to be mindful and not just blindly believe whatever we read. FA blogs, especially, no doubt i read them, but i only see them as sources of entertainment. (when i have nothing else better to do :P)

yeah, just ask sstan about bt haha.

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 7:44 pm

thank u pinklittlefinger!

UH! im going for the airshow still deneos! lol.

ya i thought so too, prolly a lil disadvantage to go thru the mgt round on sunday...but its fine. i can do it!

hopefully. zzz.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 8:56 pm

hello ppl..

been SoooOOoo long din post.. keke...

tired eveyday after training... but it was fun..

another 1.5 months i will be flying le... keke..

anyway, i know coming sunday there's an interview @ Sheraton..

good luck to those who are trying.. give in your best, i'm sure you will get what you want yea :p
Soaring above all

chocolatte

Re: This coming Sunday Interview

Post by chocolatte » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 9:14 pm

jymystique wrote:Anyone going to the SIA interview this coming Sunday at Sheraton, Singapore?
i'll be there! what time is your interview? =)

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 9:20 pm

Hi...was just wondering if there is this "survivor" style kinda thing during training? Where they'll leave a group of u on an island and let u learn up the basic survival skills? Coz from wat i gathered from my frens, apparently this is part of the training program but that was quite a number of years ago. So was just thinking if it's still on now? Thanks in advance!