Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:11 am

hey peeps this my first post here!! had been a reader for quite sometime haha.. anyway i went for the interview at tp too! im final year student heh.. my group was asked to do a self introduction n talk about wats our plan when we got in as a cabin crew and what if we din get in. 4 frm my group got in! * including me* WeeEe~=)
=D

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:28 am

wow! i see alot of people got into today's tp(?) first round of interview! cheers girls!
& why dont they have it in mah school ?! =<

Akire

Post by Akire » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:48 am

Hi gals!!!! I GOT THROUGH!!! YA TA!!!!!!!!! The management round was indeed not really that tough. Depends on how you perceive. I got 1 lady whom looks kinda strict but did not ask any question and a super cheery guy whom ask questions... HMmmm
Now waiting for medical to clear... pray hard nothing goes wrong....

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 2:20 am

i finally completed all my exams.. one more step closer to the work pass application! called mary today, and still helpful as always.. hopefully she's remain like this and dont get cranky when its nearer to my application period.. congrats to all who passed! welcome on board! =)
the world at your doorstep

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 9:19 am

hahaha yea. welcome on board!
the world at your doorstep.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:10 am

anyway, i saw alot of pre-employment briefing thingy.. is it the part where lilian tells you guys about the salary during training, probation period and bond thingy?
the world at your doorstep

crystalheart

Talks on 17 Feb for CC wannabe

Post by crystalheart » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:33 am

This guy Luke is helping a lot of ppl pass the interviews. I read in his blog about his upcoming Talk at Clear Mind,Sengkang. He is good from what I've heard..nothing to lose esp for those who kept trying 7 to 10 times without success. There was also this guy called Mr. E. He testified in the side shoutbox of Luke's blog that he attempted 8 to 10 times and never reach the management rounds. After the Talks, he breezed through all the 4 rounds on 27 Jan and will be in the 24 Feb batch for training at STC.
Interestingly, E's g/f also blog about Luke and the Talks they attended and how E's confidence was boosted to the "max".

Luke's blog is here

stanmysterio

Post by stanmysterio » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:20 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:i got my training date ler!!!

14th Febuary!!! V-Day! wat a day! hahaha...

anybody starting on 14th Feb??? kekeke...

Hi,congrats of your place in SIA! Just want to check with you! How long did you wait for the medical results? I went for the walk in on the 27th Jan, got through everything....then i went for the medical check up on the 30th Jan follow by a briefing at STC on the 31st! Wonder how long did you wait to know that you are going in for sure? Did they call or send you letter?

:roll:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:52 pm

Sokeai wrote:Woo Xanngac finally had posted. Looks like the training is really interesting, i want to start mine asap too ;p

Anyway will be seeing you tml! Happy~
Wah... Can't go for the gathering today cause of cramp... Sad man... Can't see you all... :(
And so my journey begins... :)

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:59 pm

i was wondering a malaysian whos not residing in singapore..is he/she allow to go for the interview this coming 24.....thanks

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 2:20 pm

streets wrote: hello! i was qualified for round 2 too. but i didn't come prepared for the long application form (similiar to the write-in) so i left out some infos, like addresses =\
Good Lord above in Heaven. I have been browsing these pages for a while now and am simply astonished at some of the attitudes here.

Not being prepared for an application and not writing your address??? :???: ???

I would have serious doubts about 90% of the people here applying at my company.

Get it together, people. SQ wants assertive, thinking and decisive people - not those who fail at even the most inane task = like being overtly nervous and believing they need to be prepared to write their address.

You will have hundreds of people's lives in your hands should things go wrong.

Would you trust yourselves in this situation? ask yourselves this question.
- Thank God for Darwin -

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 3:37 pm

Calvink: i was wondering a malaysian whos not residing in singapore..is he/she allow to go for the interview this coming 24.....thanks

I've seen many girls/boys who are Malaysians that are not residing in Singapore that went for the SIA write-in interview. I dont think there will be much problems for you to attempt the interview :D

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 5:05 pm

hi cutiebutie,

i actually printed out the walk-in interview form. i think alot of us thought it was gonna be like the 4 rounds interview.

but they gave out the write-in one. addresses i meant, was my first workplace back in 2004, and i wasn't in contact with my ex-boss anymore. the interview at school was kinda hectic. only shortlisted ones through the group interview got the long write-in forms to complete by the day itself.
and then we have to proceed on to taking height measurement.
i even asked if its ok to leave some infos out like workplace address (which i couldnt get at last min, submission was in 1/2 hr) and the lady said it's alright, SIA would contact us if we get shortlisted again for their interview.

i hope this clears your doubts.

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 8:07 pm

stanmysterio wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:i got my training date ler!!!

14th Febuary!!! V-Day! wat a day! hahaha...

anybody starting on 14th Feb??? kekeke...

Hi,congrats of your place in SIA! Just want to check with you! How long did you wait for the medical results? I went for the walk in on the 27th Jan, got through everything....then i went for the medical check up on the 30th Jan follow by a briefing at STC on the 31st! Wonder how long did you wait to know that you are going in for sure? Did they call or send you letter?

:roll:
hmm hmm. I went for interview on the 27th, medical on the 28th, employment briefing on the 30th, and got to know when's my training date on the spot. I think that really depends if you have cleared your medical report.

Else, they will either call you or email you if they have finished processed your documents. :)

P.S Gotta wait no matter what, be patient! haha! Tell me the good news eh.
counting down to February 26...

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 8:58 pm

SIA would contact us if we get shortlisted again for their interview.
Streets: u mean SIA will c our application form again den do another round of shortlisting?? oh no, if like tat means not everyone will b called for rnd 2. I've a feeling they may call only those wif CS experience...I hope this is not the case.lets keep each other updated on the details k...=)