Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:45 am

OMG congratz ihateveg!!!! AHHHHHHH I am still waiting for my call!!! i hope they call tml! i cant wait anymore!!!

by the way, care to share wut are the available batch intake dates?

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:49 am

Bliss dearie,

i can totally understand your feelings..... :?
Me too u know.....will u try for emirates on the 14th?
or, u be sticking on to SIA?

But dont think i will compromise & go for Silkair as there are no stopover....& apparently, my friend told me is very tiring as she is with silkair.....

How long have u been working? too bad my company cant have msn...if not, i add u... :)

Deenah....your call will come soon....no worries!
.CEL.

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:13 pm

ihateveg wrote:hey i received the call from sia this morning :D do look out for their number 6787 ****, esp. girls from my management interview day on 15th June.. today is officially the 13th day since my medical and interview.. hmm.. :wink:
Hi ihateveg,

oh mine! 13 long anxious days u waited has paid off! Congrats!! I'm still waiting mine since my mgt intv was on the mon (18/6). Just curious, so when is ur training date? Any ote dates they offered? What did they inform u over the phone...signing bond...tender...??

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:22 pm

HEY!! Congrats! So what day are you starting your training. ARGH, I hope they call us today!! :)

*waiting eagerly*

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:34 pm

dOvee wrote:
ihateveg wrote:hey i received the call from sia this morning :D do look out for their number 6787 ****, esp. girls from my management interview day on 15th June.. today is officially the 13th day since my medical and interview.. hmm.. :wink:
so meaning u r confirm alrdy? oh congrats!! :D

hey, i am quite confuse ovr the contract n bond issue. anyone mind repeating for me again? heee.. and also, i heard the first yr normally gets higher pay n subsequently, the pay drops becux u will fly lesser? is there a minimum of flying hrs a month? approximate, hw much?
Hi dovee,

The bond is 2 years. Meaning if you ever quit within 2 years, you would need to pay the bond back to SIA. Generally I heard that the 1st 6 months is highly paid cos you do not get to change your flights or give up flights so the allowance is high. As you climb up the seniority ladder, you get more flexibility with the roster and flights. But generally you would definitely earn more than $3.5 K a month.

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:46 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:hi deenah, when was ur wtc and final round again? thought they'll call ~ 2 weeks after the medical checkup..
WCT - 13th June
Mgmt - 18th June

Guess I am feeling a bit anxious. Just wanna get out of this rut of my deskbound job.
that's 10 days ago only! wait a few more days okie! =)

ghostcondor

Post by ghostcondor » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:48 pm

Hi,

I am new here. Have been reading through the forum's posts tis past few weeks. WOW! There's a lot of helpful information! And a very good platform to give support to one another. =]

Just wondering, what are the interview rounds for flight stewards like? Are they similar to those of a flight stewardess?

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:52 pm

I think it's the same except that there is no kebaya round for u guys :)

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 1:55 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
dOvee wrote:
so meaning u r confirm alrdy? oh congrats!! :D

hey, i am quite confuse ovr the contract n bond issue. anyone mind repeating for me again? heee.. and also, i heard the first yr normally gets higher pay n subsequently, the pay drops becux u will fly lesser? is there a minimum of flying hrs a month? approximate, hw much?
Hi dovee,

The bond is 2 years. Meaning if you ever quit within 2 years, you would need to pay the bond back to SIA. Generally I heard that the 1st 6 months is highly paid cos you do not get to change your flights or give up flights so the allowance is high. As you climb up the seniority ladder, you get more flexibility with the roster and flights. But generally you would definitely earn more than $3.5 K a month.
or so after 2 yrs they got the choice to stop the bond wit u? oh, i heard there's tis ting abt 5yrs contract..or isit not valid infor alrdy? lol. 3.5k!
envy envy... i went a few times. and got rejected. i suspect is my complexion. i m tinkin wad i can do abt it, bcux i got a v oily skin..jux a qn off topic, anyone knws of any way to get rid of black heads n a good makeup foundation for oily skin? =p

i oso wanna FLY to see e WORLD~!! 8-)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 2:00 pm

Not so sure what happens after 2 years. Unless you really screw up badly they would not really let you go. The 5 years thingy is something that you get after serving 5 years with SIA. You will get $15,000 after 5 years of service as a FA. :) Hope this helps.

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 2:05 pm

DeeeNah wrote:Not so sure what happens after 2 years. Unless you really screw up badly they would not really let you go. The 5 years thingy is something that you get after serving 5 years with SIA. You will get $15,000 after 5 years of service as a FA. :) Hope this helps.
oh. so is the $15k. nw i get it..=) yea thanks so much!! jux a qn i ask myself and wonder why abt others too. "why do u want to join SIA? nt other airline. n why stewardess :D

ghostcondor

Post by ghostcondor » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 2:34 pm

DeeeNah wrote:I think it's the same except that there is no kebaya round for u guys :)
Thank you. =]

I see.. But in place of the kebaya round, do they have to wear the flight steward uniform and check how smart they are?

Wonder what's the flight stewards' experience during the interview rounds are. Cos' it seems like the stewardesses' rounds are very much stringent, and it's the whole package that counts. Looks, grooming, how you present yourself. Are the flight stewards' interviews as stringent too and what exactly are they looking for?

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 2:42 pm

I recommend Ionax Lemon Scrub, you can get them from bigger Guardian pharmacy at $10.90. Use it 2/3 times a week. It really clear my pores up. i used to have many tiny bumps (oil clots) and after using the scrub, my forehead is clear now. This product was recommend to me by Dr Georgia Lee, a famous aesthetics doctor. =D if you dun mind to invest few hundred dollars, you can book an appointment with her. it's TLC clinic at Holland Village. Her medicine works for me, but a little too costly. *envy ppl with natural beauty*
dOvee wrote:
DeeeNah wrote:
dOvee wrote: so meaning u r confirm alrdy? oh congrats!! :D

Hi dovee,

or so after 2 yrs they got the choice to stop the bond wit u? oh, i heard there's tis ting abt 5yrs contract..or isit not valid infor alrdy? lol. 3.5k!
envy envy... i went a few times. and got rejected. i suspect is my complexion. i m tinkin wad i can do abt it, bcux i got a v oily skin..jux a qn off topic, anyone knws of any way to get rid of black heads n a good makeup foundation for oily skin? =p

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 2:54 pm

ghostcondor, for flight steward, the interviews are as stringent as the flight stewardess, the only thing is we dont have kebaya round, for steward, we dont need to try any uniform. But one thing you have to know is the amount of people they are taking for steward is much much lesser than stewardess. :wink:

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 3:05 pm

Eveningstar wrote:I recommend Ionax Lemon Scrub, you can get them from bigger Guardian pharmacy at $10.90. Use it 2/3 times a week. It really clear my pores up. i used to have many tiny bumps (oil clots) and after using the scrub, my forehead is clear now. This product was recommend to me by Dr Georgia Lee, a famous aesthetics doctor. =D if you dun mind to invest few hundred dollars, you can book an appointment with her. it's TLC clinic at Holland Village. Her medicine works for me, but a little too costly. *envy ppl with natural beauty*
dOvee wrote:
DeeeNah wrote: Hi dovee,

yes envy envy~
have u started training wit sia?