Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Thank you everyone!

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 2:51 pm

VeniE wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hi everyone! I've received the call from SIA, I've cleared my medical!! :D

I'll be starting training with okieping and minikk on the 25th this month! Yea! Thank you for all the support and well wishes! May all your dreams come true too! ;)
See.. i told you i "smell" it coming.. whahaha!!!

CONGRATS!!!! See ya at STC lo..
Hahaha thanks Venie, now I believe your sense of smell very sharp sia... Btw you joining us for dinner next wk? :)
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 2:52 pm

Sokeai wrote:
xanngac wrote:Hi everyone! I've received the call from SIA, I've cleared my medical!! :D

I'll be starting training with okieping and minikk on the 25th this month! Yea! Thank you for all the support and well wishes! May all your dreams come true too! ;)
Wee must be enjoying your belated birthday pressie right :D
Hehe really belated, but like I said earlier, I don't mind it belated. Weee~ go celebrate tonight after being hanged on the thread for so long think I need to relax. :P

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 2:53 pm

snowss wrote:Congrats...For clearing ur medical, so u'll be off to training soon :) Good for u

For me, I guess no hope liao*sad :(
Aiyo don't keep saying no hope, must have confidence. You going for walk-in ma, if you keep thinking no hope then surely you will look defeated. See my quote?

"If you think you can, you are right. If you think you can't, you are right."

All in the state of mind my dear. Jiayou! :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:31 pm

xanngac wrote:
snowss wrote:Congrats...For clearing ur medical, so u'll be off to training soon :) Good for u

Aiyo don't keep saying no hope, must have confidence. You going for walk-in ma, if you keep thinking no hope then surely you will look defeated. See my quote?

I hope so loh, coze I might be planning to study for my degree leh...See how it goes loh, by the time I finish studying. I'll be 25.

Apply SIA will be 26 liao...old woman liao me :(
(=^_^=)

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:35 pm

xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote:

See.. i told you i "smell" it coming.. whahaha!!!

Hahaha thanks Venie, now I believe your sense of smell very sharp sia... Btw you joining us for dinner next wk? :)
next week i'm starting training next week soon.. lolx..
i'll see how it goes den let you guys know whether i'm going for the dinner ma..
Soaring above all

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:42 pm

snowss wrote:
xanngac wrote:

I hope so loh, coze I might be planning to study for my degree leh...See how it goes loh, by the time I finish studying. I'll be 25.

Apply SIA will be 26 liao...old woman liao me :(
Haha fyi, I've just turned 26 my dear. If I can do it, you can too! :) Anyway degree you can study part-time if you can.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:44 pm

VeniE wrote:
xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote: See.. i told you i "smell" it coming.. whahaha!!!

next week i'm starting training next week soon.. lolx..
i'll see how it goes den let you guys know whether i'm going for the dinner ma..
Hehe sure hope to see you! :)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:54 pm

I've got the indentation fixed but now i look like "luo han fish" cos forehead got bruising and it is swollen :)

As for my wrist scar, I've done chemical peel on it too.

Last item to be done on the list for 270108 is slim down :D

Those trying out, all the best!

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:58 pm

Hi guys, i've cleared my medical too... yeah!!
Will be joining the batch on 31st Jan... can't make it to join the 25th cos i've to settle everything with my company first...
See u guys around..... cheers:p

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

Congrats XannGac!!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:04 pm

And_drew wrote:Congrats XannGac!!
Yea~ thanks Andrew! :) Even though we're of different batch, we'll see each other around at STC ya. Have fun at bkk! :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:06 pm

smileygal wrote:Hi guys, i've cleared my medical too... yeah!!
Will be joining the batch on 31st Jan... can't make it to join the 25th cos i've to settle everything with my company first...
See u guys around..... cheers:p
Hehe you are going to be so busy packing all ur stuffs back. Happy ending for all! :D

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: height issue

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:13 pm

angelfrez wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Poo wrote: Hi Venie... I'm experiencing the same prob as gladys_lopez...

I was measured 1.58m but on my 2 past interviews, I was under-measured... Sobz...

1st try was at Mariott hotel last yr.. Cant rem the date, when i reached aft measuring ht, the lady asked mi go back cuz i was measured 157.7cm... Was v upset tat time

2nd try @STC, 03 Jan 08... Was asked to take ht, all the other gers got chance to tip toe & reach the red tape on the wall.. So suspected tat I didnt mit 1.58m again... but given chance to go for round 1 but was booted out... Mayb i'm too nervous..

By the way, r they v strict @Kebaya round??? as in they reali use "white light" to shine your face to check your complexion ar??? I haf rather 'pink" face, abit sensitive, but no pimples...
yup.. during kebaya round.. first they will ask you to do a "catwalk" to and fro.. if you fail the walking den they will ask you to change immdiately..

den if you pass the walking they will as you to go over to another lady..
you will den stand in front of the spotlight(shone directly at your face) they will access your face and neck...

they dun require you to have flawless skin.. as long as you can cover those marks and scars with concealer den that will do.. :)
there's only 1 lady for my kebaya round.
i was told to do "catwalk" for a few metres only and then she check my face and hands.
dun have the spotlight.
I think for walk-in in Oct 07 n there is a spotlight that shines on your face unlike for write-in at STC. I dun like the spotlight! wonder what is wrong wif my face or watever since they wont tell......

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:28 pm

hafiz_ wrote:updated list!

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. maximus
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss

tentative day: wednesday
time: 7.30pm

haha. it's turning out to be quite a grand event!
I want to be the 15th person! Count me IN! Its great to meet ppl of the same passion....and to finally see the faces behind all the 'nicks'..hehe. There's a new Jap pasta restaurant (similar to Waraku) at citylink, near asian kitchen there.....but i duno its its halal. if not, juz stick to Swensons since rainchocolate cant take spicy food...:p

date: 16 Jan right?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Forum gathering! :)

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:32 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:updated list!

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. maximus
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. snowss

tentative day: wednesday
time: 7.30pm

haha. it's turning out to be quite a grand event!
I want to be the 15th person! Count me IN! Its great to meet ppl of the same passion....and to finally see the faces behind all the 'nicks'..hehe. There's a new Jap pasta restaurant (similar to Waraku) at citylink, near asian kitchen there.....but i duno its its halal. if not, juz stick to Swensons since rainchocolate cant take spicy food...:p

date: 16 Jan right?
I would like to join you all for dinner so count me in :D