Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charle

Post by charle » Mon, 01 May 2006 7:10 pm

Hi Sheryl,
dun worry, they will honour their promise to email u the date, just be patient and wait, last walk in i went i waited for the email as well, for 2 weeks, but in the end i i didnt get thru the final interview.

Yesterday i attended the interview for the guys and i got through 1st round, waiting for email again.

Be confident!

tuber

Post by tuber » Mon, 01 May 2006 8:07 pm

Brian CZC wrote:Made it to the 2nd round.

Reached there about 9.15am and was in group 27. By the time I went into the interview room, there were still up to group 50 I guess. It was around 11 plus liao. So I guess about 500 ppl today. My group got 3 of us advanced while group 29 had 2. So about 5/20 will make it to round 2. At this rate, about 125 will advance to round 2.

Just hope that the letter/email for our next round will come soon [-o< And to those that did not make it this time round, don't be disheartened. This is my 3rd attempt and I believe that with patience and preserverance, we WILL make it eventually!
11am and theres 50 groups (assuming 10 in a group).. so that makes it 500.. wat about the people coming in AFTER 11am? any idea at all?

aniqma

Post by aniqma » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:11 am

Sheryl wrote:oceanmist, thanks for your advice...

aniqma, congrats knowing you passed the interviews. by the way, will you be given a life vest for that round? if not, need to trap water or not?

xu5w, sorry to hear that. Agreed with Matt10 that it's unfair to you. The interviewers were too tired. The interviewers didn't look up at all when all the girls in my group for the first round were doing self intro. Geez.. feel like i'm on the fence and will go on either side depending on the wind, in this case, mood.

At least you know the results that day. i have to wait and worry if they would email me for the 2nd round. looking at aniqma's coming test is on thursday, i'm more panicking and anxious now... :shock:
Well, from what i heard, we will be given a life jacket. So no worries =)
Thanks for all the well wishers.

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:25 am

charle wrote:Hi Sheryl,
dun worry, they will honour their promise to email u the date, just be patient and wait, last walk in i went i waited for the email as well, for 2 weeks, but in the end i i didnt get thru the final interview.

Yesterday i attended the interview for the guys and i got through 1st round, waiting for email again.

Be confident!
Hi charle,

'dun worry, they will honour their promise to email u the date, just be patient and wait,' This may not be so true afterall. I have got a friend who passed her 1st round of interview, but had failed to receive the promised email from SIA. I was rather surprised as well, cause i did receive mine.

As for the 2nd round of interview (jus some info that i would like to share with other posters), be really prepared as they may pose some really challenging questions. They would ask the most common question, e.g. why do you want to join SIA; what do you know about SIA; what are some of the experiences that your SIA friends have shared with you, etc to scenario questions and even questions like between hardware and software, which one do you think is more important...faint..You really do need to make an impression by answering smartly and promptly..and the satisfaction is really high when you get that acknowledging nod from them.. :D

Those were some of the questions that were posed to me. They did not ask me anything about my fmaily and hobbies, and i was also not asked to read the passage..heh..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 02 May 2006 6:53 am

Twinklez27 wrote:
As for the 2nd round of interview (jus some info that i would like to share with other posters), be really prepared as they may pose some really challenging questions. They would ask the most common question, e.g. why do you want to join SIA; what do you know about SIA; what are some of the experiences that your SIA friends have shared with you, etc to scenario questions and even questions like between hardware and software, which one do you think is more important...faint..You really do need to make an impression by answering smartly and promptly..and the satisfaction is really high when you get that acknowledging nod from them.. :D
Twinkle,
This is just to enlarge on your experiences and help other applicants prepare for their coming interviews (I hope).

In any interview there are always going to be common questions which you have outlined above. Why do you want to join a company and what do you are unsurprising since the answer would show just how interested somebody is.

Scenario questions are of course to see how you would deal with a situation that may occur (e.g. spilling wine over a passenger accidentally due to turbulence - not your fault but you will still have to take the 'blame').

The other question regarding software and hardware is to see how quickly you can analyze a situation or problem. This often done by breaking a problem down into small manageable 'chunks' a bit like mathematics.
What do you need to use software? A computer of course. The computer consists of the hardware to operate the software. However, if the hardware is to old it might not support the software. Therefore one
answer is the hardware. Conversely someone might say I have the latest computer so the software is more important to me as I have a particular task in mind. Sometimes there are no right or wrong answers they are just looking for your ways of thinking.

Good luck with the remaining stages of your application, wishing you every success.

Plavt.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 02 May 2006 7:49 am

yup, dont worry. You will be given a life jacket. And all you need to do is jump down and swim backstroke. It is that simple. You must be confident.

blur me

Post by blur me » Tue, 02 May 2006 10:39 am

hey everyone,

congrats for those who passed the 1st and 2nd round of interview.

I've been kicked off after the 1st round. Guess that im too nervous. :???: Just intro myself briefly because im shaking there. Im not doing my best there actually. :lol: Anyway, its a good experience for me. I will just learn from it. No offence.

For those who cant passed the 1st round, dont be too upset. Just try your best another time.

All the best .......
enjoy life fullest

just curious

3rd Round

Post by just curious » Tue, 02 May 2006 2:48 pm

Anyone know if the kebaya is one size fits all or are there sizes to choose from ??

Thanks!

sfugel

Re: curious

Post by sfugel » Tue, 02 May 2006 3:32 pm

To 'curious',
The answer to your query is yes and no, yes the CCE position is still there but all CCEs have had their wings clipped effective 2006.That means they lose their flying allowance(which is a substantial amount).They are now mainly doing ground paper duities and in charge of crew,strictly on ground level.As for a earlier post regarding one of the forummer having a 'senior CC executive',yes,they have also had their wings clipped!And there are only a handful of them,all strictly doing ground duties.And for those who are wondering,yes I am a crew......for a long time now.....a very long time! Best of luck to those who are going for their interview....and to those lucky ones....Welcome to the Family!

just curious

Post by just curious » Tue, 02 May 2006 4:18 pm

sfugel wrote:To 'curious',
The answer to your query is yes and no, yes the CCE position is still there but all CCEs have had their wings clipped effective 2006.That means they lose their flying allowance(which is a substantial amount).They are now mainly doing ground paper duities and in charge of crew,strictly on ground level.As for a earlier post regarding one of the forummer having a 'senior CC executive',yes,they have also had their wings clipped!And there are only a handful of them,all strictly doing ground duties.And for those who are wondering,yes I am a crew......for a long time now.....a very long time! Best of luck to those who are going for their interview....and to those lucky ones....Welcome to the Family!
eh...is this answer for me? cos i cant find any more nick related to curious.hahaha.

hmm...i was asking if the kebaya fitting is a one size uniform or are there like size to choose from ? (S,M,L?)

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Tue, 02 May 2006 5:21 pm

hi,

I attended the walk intervew last sunday from in suntec. reached there bout 11am. in grp 42. but was rejected. 2 good looking guys were selected. congrats to them.
a bit dissapointed coz came all the way from kl for the interview.
but life goes on. looking foward for the next one.
hopefully there wil b a FS interview in kl (not just for FSS only).
for those who made it thru tot he next round, all the best.

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Tue, 02 May 2006 11:32 pm

Hi sfugel,

Since you are a crew from SQ, can i check with you whether do you know what's the training period for silkair? And do they have the same bond as SQ? :)

sfugel

Post by sfugel » Wed, 03 May 2006 12:05 am

VT wrote:Hi sfugel,

Since you are a crew from SQ, can i check with you whether do you know what's the training period for silkair? And do they have the same bond as SQ? :)
Hi VT,sorry I have no info on SILKAIR,although they are SQ subsidiary,their recriutment,terms and conditions are totally different.Infact,we have no contact with any one of them at all.Perhaps you can enquire from their recruitment dept. directly.

sfugel

Re: 3rd Round

Post by sfugel » Wed, 03 May 2006 12:07 am

just curious wrote:Anyone know if the kebaya is one size fits all or are there sizes to choose from ??

Thanks!
Hi Juz curious,kebayas are the part of the icon and image of the SIA girl,each individual crew will have their's made and measured to fit them perfectly!

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Wed, 03 May 2006 12:08 am

sfugel wrote:
VT wrote:Hi sfugel,

Hi VT,sorry I have no info on SILKAIR,although they are SQ subsidiary,their recriutment,terms and conditions are totally different.Infact,we have no contact with any one of them at all.Perhaps you can enquire from their recruitment dept. directly.
Oh.. okie... thanks anyway.. :D