Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cookiedoll
Regular
Regular

Post by cookiedoll » Fri, 09 May 2008 12:30 am

SQ wrote:Hi Cookiedoll,

I'm also having the same issuse here... I've also email the HR at SQ but guess they are too busy to reply... So will you be going to the interview?
hey SQ, i havent receive any reply from them until today. may i know whats the issue? im not too sure to go for the interview or not. cause im not sure whether im qualify for it. or maybe go there and ask. hmmm i dont know. what do you think? anybody have the similar prob? mayb you can share. :cry:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 09 May 2008 12:57 am

SQ: there's no more tea party sessions in the interview process anymore.. just normal interview with 2 of the management staffs..
the world at your doorstep

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular

Post by cookiedoll » Fri, 09 May 2008 1:08 am

Abercrombie wrote:At this moment SIA do not take in Cabin Crew with N level, not in the near future too, so work hard and get your Diploma ya :wink:
Hi ambercrombie, since ur a policeman at the STC, may i know can they accept diploma in artistry make up since they stated at the websites only DIPLOMA without local polys. maybe you can help this out rather than i go for the interview and got reject. hehe. thanks!

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Fri, 09 May 2008 4:12 am

sugarkat wrote:
sugarkat wrote:Hi,im new :D am so curious to know if one is less likely to stand chance if they have like moles on their face.I have like 3 and wondering if i should get them removed.I'd so love to go for the upcoming interview on 25th May but sadly I have braces on and doubt that they'll accept people with braces..is tt true?
I was wondering if anyone could help with my queries :)
hi! if they're small flat moles it shouldn't be a problem. i remember seeing this SQ girl who was at my uni's career fair promoting SQ. She had lotsa moles on her face. but regarding braces, im afraid they don't accept it. even if you pass the first round, you would be asked to leave during the second round. wait till you get your braces out before trying?

SQ

Post by SQ » Fri, 09 May 2008 8:42 am

Hi yingying2888 & Jiakel,

Thanks so much for correcting me... :D

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Fri, 09 May 2008 1:23 pm

hey higgledy

i couldnt make it to this month's interview as i am still studying in australia. I will be going back to singapore in july for the interview.
一緒に青い空へ~

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Fri, 09 May 2008 2:04 pm

anyway just go and try.

j3annie

Post by j3annie » Sat, 10 May 2008 12:38 am

Hi everyone, may i know skin check how do they check? My hair is at shoulder length, will they flip up my hair? Or wad? Does anyone knows if my hair is at shoulder length, if i get in will they ask me to cut short hair?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 10 May 2008 11:53 am

j3annie wrote:My hair is at shoulder length, will they flip up my hair? Or wad? Does anyone knows if my hair is at shoulder length, if i get in will they ask me to cut short hair?
Do you mean that if they are going to ask you to cut your hair then you won't join? If your hair is more important than the job, then maybe you should not try for this job as there is lots of other restrictions to be a stewardess.

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Sat, 10 May 2008 12:29 pm

ArchLight wrote:Congrat to Zet for clearing the management & hope to see you in STC.I'll attend the 25thMay walk-in as it's my fourth attempt.
Hey anyone know hw long will the ban be if we didnt pass the final mgmt round? I heard my fren told me can go again in June if failed the April27 round. Thanks alot if anyone know.:>
GeraldineGoh

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Sat, 10 May 2008 1:22 pm

SIA needs more cabin crew in fact this whole year will be having recruitment exercise.

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Sat, 10 May 2008 1:32 pm

higgledy wrote:Hi Christineyuki,

yeah I will try till they ban me for life.. Haha :) Wow, waited 8yrs & this is going to be your 1st attempt? Y dont you try this 25/05 recruitment?
Hi higgledy, have u being to the interview? Is the ban for the interview for 2 mths or three mths? Cos my fren says the mgmt pple told her to come in June if flopped the April27 interview mgmt round. Thanks!
GeraldineGoh

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Sat, 10 May 2008 1:39 pm

higgledy wrote:Congrats to those who aced through yesterday for management round. :)Unfortunately, I am one of those who flopped. :( The interviewers were very friendly but I was overly nervous. Very disappointed with my performance that I even teared outside. Nonethesless, I would try it again after my 3 month ban.
Hi Higgledly, may i knw who were yr interviewers? I heard that a chinese lady who looked like taiwanese is very mean. What are the questions they asked u at the final mgmt interview? Will u be trying again? I heard cant go for the May, must wait till June is it? (= Thank you!
GeraldineGoh

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Sat, 10 May 2008 1:48 pm

zetpeh wrote:
PeterPan07 wrote:hi zetpeh, which timeslot were u at tdy?
Hi Zetpeh, what are the questions they normally ask at the final round? I heard that they ask abt family, but wat to say abt family to relate to the job. By the way, is every mth interviewers the same? Don't wish to bump into the same judges!! *wink*

10plus
GeraldineGoh

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 10 May 2008 6:07 pm

Weee~!! Congrats to Zet, you made it this time round! No need to wait outside STC for ur gf anymore, can wait at the lobby/carpark now hehe. :)
And so my journey begins... :)