Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
soul0708

Post by soul0708 » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 3:20 am

crunkbabee wrote:
soul0708 wrote:any ppl who hav passed the interview alr n care to share if they are strict on the teeth checking? saw other threads whereby in the third round they wld be checking your teeth..

cuz my teeth is not perfect and i kinda hav a teeth in front which is not aligned properly. so wondering if they r very strict on this?
heyyy! i guess we will have to wait for the rest to give a response..today interview was a breeze anyway i dont have a perfect set of teeth! but i got through all the rounds today..However we all have to come back another day for our final management round...so i guess more updates for today's success continued next week.

you should seriously just try instead of wondering if you will get through. you will never know if you dont give it a go and try! :)

speaking of which i would like to know what are the chances of you getting booted out in the management round? any points to look out for?

I SMILED TILL MY CHEEKS FELT KINDA STIFF TODAY. but it was alllll worth it so smile! even if you dont have a perfect set of teeth!
congrats on going thru! so wat questions did they posed you today?

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 4:02 am

Hi Crunkbabee,

Was the interview an easy feat today??
Did many of the short-listed ones got through??

I really regret for not be able to attend for my morning slot which is at 9:00am.Something unexpected happened at home, got to drive my grandfather to the hospital instead.Was a mess in the morning.Couldnt call Sq as i dont have their numbers.I was so ready to go for the interview :(

Now i felt like crying for missing that only chance :cry:

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:22 am

Hello soul0708, thank you! too early for congrats still got the final round bt anyway i really really appreciate it!:) The questions that they gave were more or less expected. Service related questions/why you want to be a cabin crew etc. but the first round seemed abit different thn the usual. Instead of having to introduce/ans question given, we were required to just introduce ourselves. Following two questions that can have up to 2 hopefuls to 1 question each. So in total only 4 hopefuls can 'snatch' the question and answer it...

girlzz, im sorry to hear about your grandfather. Well its okay, if you helped ur grandfather today who knows the next one will deftly be urs to score... ;D
Looking on the bright side, you can always send in your application again or go for the walk in interview! Don't be disheartened and all the best! About 10 in total got listed for management round..Quite a number got booted out during the 10 to 2 and 1 to 1. We all have to fill in this medical form and were told to wait for their email for the management round date!

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 4:02 pm

kindaichi1234 wrote:Any updates on today write-in interview? :?
When was the write-in published on SQ website? I thought all along eversince the previous OD, it only shows the upcoming OD in March.

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:03 pm

girlzz wrote:Hi Crunkbabee,

Was the interview an easy feat today??
Did many of the short-listed ones got through??

I really regret for not be able to attend for my morning slot which is at 9:00am.Something unexpected happened at home, got to drive my grandfather to the hospital instead.Was a mess in the morning.Couldnt call Sq as i dont have their numbers.I was so ready to go for the interview :(

Now i felt like crying for missing that only chance :cry:
Sorry to hear about that, but girlzz, this is not your only chnace... SQ do hold a couple of interviews and the next one for malaysians is in KL next month ^^

So, don't worry too much abt it alright... familiy is still more impt..

take good card
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

iplaydressup

Post by iplaydressup » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:56 am

hey girlzz!

sorry to hear on wht hpnd on the day tht u wanna go fr the interview.
and i do agree with CabinCrewKristine, family still more important and
they come first. i hope things are gd on ur side nw.

anyway on a happier note, SIA is hving their recruitment exercise on the
20th March 2010 (Saturday). this is a great chance fr u to go fr the interview, all the best to u!!! :)

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 1:51 am

Hi,

CabinCrewKristine, Crunkbabee, Iplaydressup,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and cheering me up!!Nah,i'll be fine, i'm a grown up anyways.Just cant get over it only.Hee.Yeah, i'll defintely try again for next write-in if there's any.Whatever happens, there's always a reason.

Anyway Crunkbabee, were there many people who came??Or was it a huge crowd too just like any walk-in days??

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 3:00 am

99heyho wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote:Any updates on today write-in interview? :?
When was the write-in published on SQ website? I thought all along eversince the previous OD, it only shows the upcoming OD in March.

As per Http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp

For Singaporeans and Malaysians, if you are unable to attend the walk-in interviews, you may send in your application form to [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

k? javascript:emoticon(':P')

k? :P :P :P :P :P

iplaydressup

Post by iplaydressup » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 6:32 am

all the best to all!!! :) :) :)

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:31 am

i went for the penang interview. the people who interviewed us were 2 young ladies. it was a 1 shot question,which do you think its more important,beauty or brains.no self intro needed. out of 10,only 3 was chosen. i didnt make it through and i feel fairly unfair because they judge us based on a question and didnt even let us intro ourselves. i feel that the kl interview is more appropriate because we are given our chance to self intro ourselves. after all,1 round is all about getting to know the applicants.(thats wad my interviewers told me when i was in kl for the interview) and i make it to the 2nd round for the kl interview and penang,i didnt even make it through round 1. all im saying is the penang interview was so unfair. who ever even made it through the 1st round,u guys r lucky. anyways,good luck to all of u...

HENRYANG300

SIA recruitment on 20 Mar 10

Post by HENRYANG300 » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:59 am

Hi to all,
I would be going for the interview too at 20 mar 10. But currently I am wearing braces and will only be removed this year june. So does that mean I can forget abt going for the interview?Cos I heard some of my friends from SIA saying that if u wear braces for the interview, U would sure be eliminated during the first round...??

worridhopeful

Post by worridhopeful » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 5:39 pm

hi guys last year i had a day surgery (lasted only for 4 hrs) for this lymph node on my left breast. the thing is that, it wasnt harmful at all..the doc in fact said that it was due to hormone changes as i grew up and if i didnt want to, i can choose not to operate on it and just leave it.

but i went ahead with the surgery anyway. so now i am worried if i wont be able to pass my medical. is there any existing singapore girls who have survived this situation for medical?

:???: :( :???:

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA recruitment on 20 Mar 10

Post by Gnip » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 5:50 pm

HENRYANG300 wrote:Hi to all,
I would be going for the interview too at 20 mar 10. But currently I am wearing braces and will only be removed this year june. So does that mean I can forget abt going for the interview?Cos I heard some of my friends from SIA saying that if u wear braces for the interview, U would sure be eliminated during the first round...??
Hi Henry, I understand your concerns. I have to redo my retainers because my teeth shifted. Whenever I see questions like yours, I feel the stress you guys are going through. It would be unfair to you if anyone were to give you a definite answer because the interviewers are not always the same. But let's be objective, training before flying is 4 months, and given that, your smile should be flight-ready by the time training ceases. Go without any reservations, at least you know you will have a better smile than most of us by June! ;)
Helloo! (:

iplaydressup

Post by iplaydressup » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 7:02 pm

eunicelee wrote:i went for the penang interview. the people who interviewed us were 2 young ladies. it was a 1 shot question,which do you think its more important,beauty or brains.no self intro needed. out of 10,only 3 was chosen. i didnt make it through and i feel fairly unfair because they judge us based on a question and didnt even let us intro ourselves. i feel that the kl interview is more appropriate because we are given our chance to self intro ourselves. after all,1 round is all about getting to know the applicants.(thats wad my interviewers told me when i was in kl for the interview) and i make it to the 2nd round for the kl interview and penang,i didnt even make it through round 1. all im saying is the penang interview was so unfair. who ever even made it through the 1st round,u guys r lucky. anyways,good luck to all of u...
oh dear! tht question sounds like a beauty pageant! and i agree, its
pretty unfair to the rest. anyways, all the best to those get thru. :)

HENRYANG300

Post by HENRYANG300 » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 7:47 pm

ok can thanks so much for your favourable reply!Will try my best to get in and clear the interview! :D :D