Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:39 pm

sulkengirl wrote:I might be going too!! But im really scared! ):

Anw I googled the interview stages and came across this web. So I thought might as well share! Here it is : http://www.ohredlipsticks.com/2012/04/i ... .html#more

Anyone has any tips?
Worth the try. :)

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:54 am

yoyobin wrote:Heys!! i'm going on 14th april too!!! gd luck!!! I was booted out at round 1 for the last two times too... Don't lose hope and try again!!
Hi yoyobin, it seems like i cant pm u cuz im a newbie lol. I put it up here then for every one.

SQ interview
6 rounds then medical check up.

1st round.
Group interview
10 in one room with 2 or 3 interviewers.
They will give us a topic and we will only have 1 minute to talk.
•"What is your favourite food and why?"
•"What is your favourite movie ad why?"
•"Tell us about yourself and what you like to do during your free time."

*Give something different and have a good answer to back up your choice.

2nd round.
Checking the height (if you are 1cm shorter just tip toe abit or just be friendly to the person. Hehe.) Then show them your certs.

3rd round.
Skin check.
Stand under the spot light to check an up close of your face, neck, hands and arms and were told to walk up and down.
(Do Not use coloured contacts)

4th round.
One to one interview
• Was told to describe myself. I told the interviewer what i am currently doing, how many siblings I have, what I love to do during the weekends. Let them know that you like to get involved with things like to keep you busy.

• Why do you want to be a stewardess?
I love meeting new people and serving them. That makes me want to become a stewardess.
( Never say its a dream cos they know it's bullshit. Haha!)

• Read a passage out aloud and they might ask some questions regarding the passage. Some are scenario based.

2nd day; 5th round.
Management Round
Group of 6 with 2 interviewers.

Describe your partner.
• Have to 'sell' your partner.
• People think sq is a glamorous job but what do you think are the obstacles in this?
Describe the jobs the crew have to do. Eg: washing the toilets, clean passengers vomits and what's not. Besides all those dirty jobs, we have to ensure their safety. We are responsible for things happening on the flight.

• Reading passage out aloud.

6th round.
Kebaya Fitting
Exactly same as skin check.

Overall the main thing is you must have confidence and smile all the time. Look pleasant. Sit up straight like crazy. That's what I did.

Hope this helps! :)

mkisses
Regular
Regular

Post by mkisses » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:21 pm

Hi all! For those who're interested in sat's recruitment, can check out this link for tips! Found it when I was browsing :)

http://www.ohredlipsticks.com/2012/04/i ... dream.html

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 5:52 pm

fauzjay wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Heys!! i'm going on 14th april too!!! gd luck!!! I was booted out at round 1 for the last two times too... Don't lose hope and try again!!
Hi yoyobin, it seems like i cant pm u cuz im a newbie lol. I put it up here then for every one.

SQ interview
6 rounds then medical check up.

1st round.
Group interview
10 in one room with 2 or 3 interviewers.
They will give us a topic and we will only have 1 minute to talk.
•"What is your favourite food and why?"
•"What is your favourite movie ad why?"
•"Tell us about yourself and what you like to do during your free time."

*Give something different and have a good answer to back up your choice.

2nd round.
Checking the height (if you are 1cm shorter just tip toe abit or just be friendly to the person. Hehe.) Then show them your certs.

3rd round.
Skin check.
Stand under the spot light to check an up close of your face, neck, hands and arms and were told to walk up and down.
(Do Not use coloured contacts)

4th round.
One to one interview
• Was told to describe myself. I told the interviewer what i am currently doing, how many siblings I have, what I love to do during the weekends. Let them know that you like to get involved with things like to keep you busy.

• Why do you want to be a stewardess?
I love meeting new people and serving them. That makes me want to become a stewardess.
( Never say its a dream cos they know it's bullshit. Haha!)

• Read a passage out aloud and they might ask some questions regarding the passage. Some are scenario based.

2nd day; 5th round.
Management Round
Group of 6 with 2 interviewers.

Describe your partner.
• Have to 'sell' your partner.
• People think sq is a glamorous job but what do you think are the obstacles in this?
Describe the jobs the crew have to do. Eg: washing the toilets, clean passengers vomits and what's not. Besides all those dirty jobs, we have to ensure their safety. We are responsible for things happening on the flight.

• Reading passage out aloud.

6th round.
Kebaya Fitting
Exactly same as skin check.

Overall the main thing is you must have confidence and smile all the time. Look pleasant. Sit up straight like crazy. That's what I did.

Hope this helps! :)
Hey fauz!!! thanks alot!!! That's really nice of you!! :)

jamesaw

Post by jamesaw » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:07 am

hello guys, I am new here. i read thru few pages of this thread. I got a question to ask:

I understand there is a interview tomorrow and I am very keen, however the setback are my ORD date is about 9months down the road, any advice will I get rejected on the spot pior to ORD date? Or anyone know someone like me in this situation.

thanks for ur advice.

Regards

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:33 am

I think 9 months away from ORD is too long, SIA only takes in people who are like MAX 3 months from their availability date.[/quote]

jamesaw

Post by jamesaw » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:15 pm

Normally when is the intake per year?

jamesaw

Post by jamesaw » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:16 pm

Normally when is the intake per year?

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 3:29 pm

jamesaw wrote:Normally when is the intake per year?
Every quarterly? or every half a year?? idk. lol

me00w

Post by me00w » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 5:29 pm

I think it depends? Sometimes once a mth or once every 2 mths? They had monthly interviews from dec-jan.

Btw dkal, I can't pm you! But I still can't decide whether to go, so worried cos of my cat scratch scar across the back of my hand :(

me00w

Post by me00w » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 5:30 pm

*dec to feb

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 6:34 pm

jamesaw wrote:hello guys, I am new here. i read thru few pages of this thread. I got a question to ask:

I understand there is a interview tomorrow and I am very keen, however the setback are my ORD date is about 9months down the road, any advice will I get rejected on the spot pior to ORD date? Or anyone know someone like me in this situation.

thanks for ur advice.

Regards
I think e max waiting period is 6 mts which I have heard so far. I have yet to ord in 6 weeks time and still no news from sq yet.

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 8:08 pm

All the best for the interview tomorrow guys!! Gambate..

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:56 am

me00w wrote:
I think it depends? Sometimes once a mth or once every 2 mths? They had monthly interviews from dec-jan.

Btw dkal, I can't pm you! But I still can't decide whether to go, so worried cos of my cat scratch scar across the back of my hand :(
Ive got a minor burn mark on my back hand as well. Btw im here waiting for my turnnat 1! -_-"

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Sat, 14 Apr 2012 7:28 pm

To those who's booted out, there is another one in July! Keep a look out! :)ne