Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 5:58 pm

Cythx,

yea...will se u after that also :P
Accomplish or do not begin

jasonbwy

Post by jasonbwy » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 9:03 pm

jiayou everyone~
i'm one of many who went for interview on 25th november, gonna try again on 12th.

superteddybear

Post by superteddybear » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:42 pm

Hi all! i will be trying out for the first time on the 12th of dec.
what do we have to bring?
anyone going too? drop me an email! i need some companions cos i'll be damn nervous :(

[email protected]

thankss!
:)

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 1:19 am

[quote="meowci"]pinksapphire, thanks babe. goodluck on dec 12th! :)

btw, those who went for the 24th and 25th interview, anyone seen girls below 158cm getting into first round?[/quote

Hi, yup a few gals measured at 157.5 was allow to go for it. me included. But once i was turned away too. So it's quite a dangerous line there. but i was taken 159 outside too. So ??? Guess a bit +- juz pray tat u r lucky n they r kind.

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 1:20 am

[quote="meowci"]pinksapphire, thanks babe. goodluck on dec 12th! :)

btw, those who went for the 24th and 25th interview, anyone seen girls below 158cm getting into first round?[/quote

Hi, yup a few gals measured at 157.5 was allow to go for it. me included. But once i was turned away too. So it's quite a dangerous line there. but i was taken 159 outside too. So ??? Guess a bit +- juz pray tat u r lucky n they r kind.

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 9:51 am

did anyone went for final mgmt round on 26 to 30 nov this period?

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 9:51 am

pinksapphire wrote:
AuroraValentina1927 wrote:Hey thanks PINKSAPPHIRE! That was really useful.

Anyone wanna go to the walk-in with me? At least there'll be someone to calm my nerves down.

:lol:
Hi!!!..sure sure! I'll be like so nervous too!..this will be my third time trying!..and still feeling nervous..the first time, i got booted out on the 1st round..the question was insane! "if u were to have a super power, what will it be and why?!"..Gosshh!...my mind went blank!... the 2nd time i went, got booted out on the Management round!..so upsetting!!!..now im trying again... hopefully things will go smoothly, but now I think the interview process has changed abit..with the Game sections and all..
The intake of cabin crew is small this time round and SIA can afford to be choosy. Few ppl passed the first round but once as SIA begins to run short of crew which I perdict by early next yr they will become more lenient. Pls don't give up trying.

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:05 am

sstan123 wrote: The intake of cabin crew is small this time round and SIA can afford to be choosy. Few ppl passed the first round but once as SIA begins to run short of crew which I perdict by early next yr they will become more lenient. Pls don't give up trying.
You're right :)
I didn't make it through the final management rd yesterday. There are 14 pple who made it through from 24th Nov's rds of test. Sad to say me and another 3 peeps didn't make it (1 didn't come). So that's 9 left. I guess it will be abt the same for those who made it through 25th's. I think they are only recruiting 1 class!

Honestly, the final management is the killer. This time, it is 4 interviewees to 2 interviewers. For my group it is 5 to 2. I really can't advice anything abt this part to those who are going to the final interview on 30th since i myself did not do well. Good luck nevertheless :D

p/s: the lady who announced the results for us also mentioned that those who failed interview rd are "blacklisted" for 6 mths before trying again.
Oh dear, if i wait any longer, i am gonna be so old!

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:21 am

zxtangellove wrote: You're right :)
I didn't make it through the final management rd yesterday. There are 14 pple who made it through from 24th Nov's rds of test. Sad to say me and another 3 peeps didn't make it (1 didn't come). So that's 9 left. I guess it will be abt the same for those who made it through 25th's. I think they are only recruiting 1 class!

Honestly, the final management is the killer. This time, it is 4 interviewees to 2 interviewers. For my group it is 5 to 2. I really can't advice anything abt this part to those who are going to the final interview on 30th since i myself did not do well. Good luck nevertheless :D

p/s: the lady who announced the results for us also mentioned that those who failed interview rd are "blacklisted" for 6 mths before trying again.
Hey . i was there yesterday too. you are?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:30 am

zxtangellove wrote:
sstan123 wrote: The intake of cabin crew is small this time round and SIA can afford to be choosy. Few ppl passed the first round but once as SIA begins to run short of crew which I perdict by early next yr they will become more lenient. Pls don't give up trying.
You're right :)

Blacklisted for 6 mths? So no hope for the 12 dec walk-in interview :cry:

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:46 am

fashionista-lovetodress wrote:
Hey . i was there yesterday too. you are?
Siew Ting :) You're?

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:50 am

zxtangellove wrote:
Siew Ting :) You're?
hey .. the one with the headband? wanna pm me? i dont have enough post yet . we can exchange emails

winzy

What is the cut off age for guys?

Post by winzy » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:15 pm

Well... I went for the interview on the 25th but was booted out in round 1. Anyone knows what is the cut off age for male applicants? I am 27 this year and I spoke to one of my friends who used to be a recruiter and trainer for SQ that my age might be the reason why they rejected me. Is this true?

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 2:26 pm

Hi, Zxtangellove

What did they ask in the management round? The same usual questions on your family background?

twentyfour

Post by twentyfour » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 2:47 pm

[quote="Shirini"]Hi, Zxtangellove

What did they ask in the management round? The same usual questions on your family background?[/quote]

Its different for everyone.. I had a 2 mgt interview b4, but i was never asked abt family.

anw firstly, same as all types of jobs, interviewers will definitely ask you personal questions, to make sure you are really interested in this job, and that you can handle the workload and stress.

[i]do you know that you need to wash toilet? a guy i met said he shrugged his shoulder and replied to them "why not"... [/i] I'm sure you can figure out why he didn't pass the mgt interview.

And secondly, they will definitely ask you difficult analytical questions.

I got asked "is that a scar on your forehead?"

@#$%!!! got scar on forehead can make it to mgt round meh!!! of cuz no scar lah.

but they want to see how you react when presented with difficult scenerios.

---

so be confident, clear mind.. good luck!!