Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:40 pm

sara sara sara wrote:
vic_kie wrote:
sara sara sara wrote: well, i can't really answer but it think it is more or less likely it is throughout the entire career. there is one thing though, short or long - not fly away hair at all.
oh god..i'm so nervous now~ I've got like fly away hair all over! my hair quality isn't that good, do you think they'll pick on that too? :-| and regarding scars on the arm, are ALL sorts of scars are not acceptable? I've got so badly bitten abroad recently.. :cry: anyone know of ayway to rid scars? thanks a billion gals..
hi vie,
hair sprays and more damage control shld do the work for it. not to worry..

as for scars, i have one on my left forearm which i think can be seen under light, but i got through. that is all i know.
Thanks Sara! :D but other than those insect bites (which left scars on m arm) i stil got a birthmark, birthmark not counted right? :P my scars are making me very worried..

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:45 pm

Eveningstar wrote:Just finish reading all ur comments on hair n i was just wondering...

i have very fluffy thick hair (think: Michelle Chia), and since it's very long now, my bun would be quite fat. i do have a little battered left ear and im worrying now because my hair quality and texture does not allow short hair. it doesnt tame and i have natural curls which grows out of rebonding every 3 months. cant imagine if they were short. i prolly have to rebond every 2 mths? oh nooooo!!! will they also take my hair quality into consideration? i would gladly cut my hair short bob (i so love Deeenah's hair) but my hair quality just wouldnt allow that.

*sobz*
Hey Eveningstar!
my hair quality' like michelle chia's too!!!! i have EXACTLY the same problem as u do!! but my face shape is not suitable for rebonding, so i guess i'm in a worse situation.. I'd love to cut my hair short too. but i'll end up looking like Ronald McDonald.. :cry:

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:52 pm

batch 919 rocks STC! lol.. remember.. lots of cool ppl in 919!! 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:02 pm

machi17, random comment of the day issit? :P Has training tired you out alot? Seem to not see you online so often.

Maybe if you have thick hair need to really layer it to remove the thickness? That's what I feel lah.

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:22 pm

Awwww vic_kie... I rebond my hair to make it look normal. it's not that stick straight n super flat anyway. It's just wouldnt be. =( so difficult right? i cut my hair short when i was 15 and yes i did look like ronald mcdonald!

Deeenah: nop, i need the weight to weigh my hair down. the more i layer it, the more wavy it becomes and the short hair will all the standing. it's a disaster! i've tried it b4. wut u see during the mgmt interview was a result of half an hour on my beloved flat hair iron. LOL!!! *shhhhh*

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:27 pm

sigh why still no call from sia abt medicals.. :shock: my phone batt was flat today too.. hope they didn't try to contact me.. :oops: (dun mind my ranting, im just getting the jitters again) counting: tommorrow would be the 13th day since management interview.. :???:

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:41 pm

Eveningstar wrote:Awwww vic_kie... I rebond my hair to make it look normal. it's not that stick straight n super flat anyway. It's just wouldnt be. =( so difficult right? i cut my hair short when i was 15 and yes i did look like ronald mcdonald!

Deeenah: nop, i need the weight to weigh my hair down. the more i layer it, the more wavy it becomes and the short hair will all the standing. it's a disaster! i've tried it b4. wut u see during the mgmt interview was a result of half an hour on my beloved flat hair iron. LOL!!! *shhhhh*
i think it'd be too late for me to go for rebonding now right? but at least urs looks neat..i seriously dunno wat to do with mine.. :cry: u let your hair down during interview? usually i tie my hair into a pony-tail with lots of babyhair n fly away hair....don't think i can go like that....

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:53 pm

uhm.. i would still rebond my hair cus it helps me to manage my hair better. like even if i wanna tie it up, it gives me a nicer ponytail. anyway, i use the flat iron thingy everyday (becus my hair grows out from rebonding too fast) before i can leave home looking normal. so yeap... maybe u shld try getting 1? i know it's damaging but wut to do? i rather do some damage than to look messy everyday. i went for all the interviews with my hair down, but i do need to wake up much earlier to fix my hair *sobz*. well i could send u my ugly hair picture. maybe it'll console u. hehe... go get 1 and u'll be alright for the interview. let ur personality shine n keep smiling!

vic_kie wrote:
Eveningstar wrote:Awwww vic_kie... I rebond my hair to make it look normal. it's not that stick straight n super flat anyway. It's just wouldnt be. =( so difficult right? i cut my hair short when i was 15 and yes i did look like ronald mcdonald!

i think it'd be too late for me to go for rebonding now right? but at least urs looks neat..i seriously dunno wat to do with mine.. :cry: u let your hair down during interview? usually i tie my hair into a pony-tail with lots of babyhair n fly away hair....don't think i can go like that....

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:10 pm

Hi sorry for the late reply, wasn't feeling too well, fell asleep at 7pm yesterday :lol:

Hey 12345,
yes training was fun! it was mainly the people whom made it so. we had really nice trainers and my batchmates are so much fun to be with! haha yes it was really great to see so many of the forumers in the same batch tog, 6 of us! :D

Greenlife don't give up! All the best to those going on the 15th too!
:kiss:

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:27 pm

vic_kie,

Another option u can consider is to have your hair wash and blow dry by aprofessional the day b4 the interview. When u tie your hair up the next day, u'll look much neater.

Mine is a lion head too. I have to rebond my hair regularly like evening star. There is already a "road bump" on my head but it would be a bad timing to rebond cause it will look flat in the interview. My plan is to have my hair blow dry by a professional the day b4 too.

old_man

Post by old_man » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:28 pm

greenlife, juz pm me ur email or msn alright? i try to pm u, but juz can't send over.. sorry! Thank you!

shibbybides

Post by shibbybides » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:36 pm

i heart 919! whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

919 is where all the uber hot chicks and hunks are!!!

haha.. for machi only one hawt girl only la...

yay! yay!

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:44 pm

Hm..but my head is erm..flat..n it's kinda hard to manage my hair cos my juniors tried straightening for me before n it takes 2 of them 2 hours to get it straight.. :oops: hee..i was thinkin of perming it, but it'll look bigger than ever..oh man...... :-|
by the way, Eveningstar, are you already a stewardess? :) Thanks so much for the help..
Eveningstar wrote:uhm.. i would still rebond my hair cus it helps me to manage my hair better. like even if i wanna tie it up, it gives me a nicer ponytail. anyway, i use the flat iron thingy everyday (becus my hair grows out from rebonding too fast) before i can leave home looking normal. so yeap... maybe u shld try getting 1? i know it's damaging but wut to do? i rather do some damage than to look messy everyday. i went for all the interviews with my hair down, but i do need to wake up much earlier to fix my hair *sobz*. well i could send u my ugly hair picture. maybe it'll console u. hehe... go get 1 and u'll be alright for the interview. let ur personality shine n keep smiling!

vic_kie wrote:

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:52 pm

woodstock wrote:vic_kie,

Another option u can consider is to have your hair wash and blow dry by aprofessional the day b4 the interview. When u tie your hair up the next day, u'll look much neater.

Mine is a lion head too. I have to rebond my hair regularly like evening star. There is already a "road bump" on my head but it would be a bad timing to rebond cause it will look flat in the interview. My plan is to have my hair blow dry by a professional the day b4 too.
Hey woodstock!:)

But when u sleep won't your hair get messy? Mine would leh.. :( i tried letting a professional do 1 day before a performance last time, by night time it's already quite disastrous..haha :oops:

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:12 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
cantswim wrote:is EYEBROW TATOO considered as tatoo in SIA?
it's considered as tatoo in Etihad.

is it ok 2 hv it in SIA?
Good question! Never really thought of that huh? Anyway, I would think that so long as it's not a "greenish-blueish" color (which aunties seem to favor) and it looks natural on your face it would be ok? Guess I would need to check with my housemate on this 1...
okok.. pls update me wif dis.. coz im planning 2 tatoo my eyebrows as dey r like invisible on my ok-looking face, dat make me not ok :?
I decide my future.