Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 8:06 pm

mouse wrote:
Plavt wrote:
mouse wrote:i have been working real hard to see what's the real problem is...
Somehow, i feel that the recruitment is very subjective and i'm quite sure loads agree with me.
Forget who agrees with you and analyze what the job requires that way you can plan things and assess whether or not you can match the criteria. Plenty of info on the web if you look for it.
mouse giggles :lol:
Shows how damned thick you are.

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:37 am

AV1981 wrote:To: th3_glove20,

Hi, are you a "Steward-wannabe"?
I am the one. Waiting for SIA to reopen the exercise. If you don't mind, we can discuss about it.
th3_glove20 wrote:after reading all the comments, mostly are for female...
how abt any male information??

Hey AV1981, haha not really wannabe...
is this is ur 1st time??
prolly we can chat in messenger?drop me a PM

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 4:15 pm

Yes, it will be my first time to attend. I am doing "exercise" very hard now :))) with hope to get something in return. "[email protected]" is my YM. Please add it. Would be nice to talk to you.
th3_glove20 wrote:

I am the one. Waiting for SIA to reopen the exercise. If you don't mind, we can discuss about it.
th3_glove20 wrote:after reading all the comments, mostly are for female...
how abt any male information??

is this is ur 1st time??

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:17 am

AV1981 wrote:Yes, it will be my first time to attend. I am doing "exercise" very hard now :))) with hope to get something in return. "[email protected]" is my YM. Please add it. Would be nice to talk to you.
th3_glove20 wrote:

is this is ur 1st time??
thanks will add you up...any news when will b their next recruit???

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 8:01 pm

thanks will add you up...any news when will b their next recruit???[/quote]

In my opinion, there is no hope for this year. Maybe on the second quarter of next year will have. I cross my fingers for it.

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 2:05 pm

AV1981 wrote:thanks will add you up...any news when will b their next recruit???
In my opinion, there is no hope for this year. Maybe on the second quarter of next year will have. I cross my fingers for it.[/quote]

:???: so sad to hear that man.....actually i missed out twice of their last recruitment once....at that point time it didnt gives me the idea of joining, not till certain point...how sad...
anyway i've added u in my msn [email protected], please approve..

deja

Re: =)

Post by deja » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 4:56 am

kinderjoy wrote:I feel getting into SQ is 50% luck and 50% of how you present yourself.
I've heard a girl got thru wearing shorts to interview..

well, we all know that interview should wear something formal or at least something that is suitable for interview... not shorts...
I guess she's really lucky...
:lol:
I wore shorts (keen length shorts) to attend the walk-in interview. I might not be professionally formally dressed, but I wouldn't agree that I was informal. Nonetheless, I got in. The point which I want to highlight is that attire is important, but given the nature of the job, being comfortable yet presentable is sufficient. This is my view, and that was my practice, and all the 'lucky stories' that you heard correspond to it.

The other is right. Whether luck holds 50% weightage is in fact subjected to your mentality. Why put so much of the success/failure of your aspiration in the hand of luck? You can be in better control.

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 4:31 pm

As long you are well dresses and present yourself well. I went to the final round before but they didn't accept me due some reason, but they ask me to come back to try again. Too bad, tat was the last interview held in M'sia. Hope they will have recruitment next year! :) :)

EmptyHope

Post by EmptyHope » Sat, 01 Aug 2009 3:52 pm

I hv just read news from Sg S***** tim*s.
It said SIA suffered $312million loss when SARS hit in 2003 (they still able to open recruitment in the half year of 2004 until last 2008.)
when they dealed with twin impact of economic slump and H1N1 flu outbreak,
They lost $307m only in ''early quater of 2009''. (dun know what will happen next quater)
Now after all the cuts, SIA *AGAIN* will cut staff pay upto 10percent of the total pay..

I think i'm going to agree with Madam Plavt here. The next recruitment will be so called the next 3 years or ... Never ... ... ... ...
*sob sob sob

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sat, 01 Aug 2009 9:27 pm

EmptyHope wrote:I hv just read news from Sg S***** tim*s.
It said SIA suffered $312million loss when SARS hit in 2003 (they still able to open recruitment in the half year of 2004 until last 2008.)
when they dealed with twin impact of economic slump and H1N1 flu outbreak,
They lost $307m only in ''early quater of 2009''. (dun know what will happen next quater)
Now after all the cuts, SIA *AGAIN* will cut staff pay upto 10percent of the total pay..

I think i'm going to agree with Madam Plavt here. The next recruitment will be so called the next 3 years or ... Never ... ... ... ...
*sob sob sob
People,

Nobody knows exactly what is going to happen tomorrow.
I know we must be realistic but please DON'T LOOSE YOUR HOPE.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:39 am

EmptyHope wrote:
Madam Plavt here.
MR

EmptyHope

Post by EmptyHope » Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:03 am

Huaaaa... My mistake Mr.Plavt ... Deeply sorry for that.. *wink

missyohanna

Post by missyohanna » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 6:33 pm

The recession is pretty bad, and I also heard that SQ has a big loss due to their fuel contract. They had a contract with the fuel company to freeze the price of the fuel for the whole year, but then they got unlucky because now the fuel price for the airplane has dropped.. And because of the contract, SQ couldnt get the current fuel price and must stick to their contract fuel price.. so they are suffering a great loss now..

I do still hope that SQ will contact me one day, cause I've actually managed to get through all the interviews that was opened this year on February in Jakarta. I did my medical check-up already in Jakarta, and had submit the working visa application that SQ has asked us (those who are chosen ones) to fill up. But I received an email from SQ saying that the decision on our application has been delayed due to the current difficult situation. T_T
It really hurts me, cause I've been dreaming to become a cabin crew one day and I thought that my dreams were finally coming true.. But reality hurts..

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Thu, 06 Aug 2009 5:29 pm

Don't worry, at least you knew that you have passed all the rounds of the interview and i believe that SIA will definitely contact you and send you to training straight away when they have decided to have new training classes for new batches.

Just use this time to think of how to do well in your job as a cabin crew, know more about the company and the destinations that you will fly too, plan of what to buy on shopping trips in foreign countries!! That will make you feel happier!

:D
一緒に青い空へ~

redhairclip

Post by redhairclip » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 2:27 pm

missyohanna>>

i'm in the same position as you. i passed all the interviews and completed the medical check up in Jan but was sent THE email. :(

i guess we'll just have to keep having faith, and hope that they'll call us eventually. patience!! haha. take care!