Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reena

hi

Post by reena » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:51 am

hi mystical my interview is at 1400..im still heavily reconsidering cause im scared of my wieght factor...sigh..anyway good luck to you..hope u clinch the job...

shopaholic

Re: hi

Post by shopaholic » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:57 am

reena wrote:hi mystical my interview is at 1400..im still heavily reconsidering cause im scared of my wieght factor...sigh..anyway good luck to you..hope u clinch the job...
reena why don't you just go for it? If the HR people like what they see and find you suitable, you can shed some weight then! Don't fret, I'm sure you look great!

mystical

Post by mystical » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:59 am

reena wrote:hi mystical my interview is at 1400..im still heavily reconsidering cause im scared of my wieght factor...sigh..anyway good luck to you..hope u clinch the job...
hi reena,

i still say 'go for it!'... cos curvier women can fill out the kebaya better!
anyway i'm really nervous cos i have a scar & i have also been pondering over the past few days if i should go.

but, i have decided to stop worrying and go with an open mind.

you should too! i wish you all the best and hope you get the job! we might even be in the same training class in a few weeks time! :D

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:36 am

Hi Reena,
Go for it! @ least you get the chance to go for interview... Better then me? I'm still waiting for their invitation... :cry:

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:41 am

shopaholic wrote:
Catmeat wrote:
shopaholic wrote:crabmeat, I seem to have seen your posts earlier. Are you shortlisted for the 2nd time? As in, have you ever been shortlisted and went for the interviews before?
hihi
i was invited for emirates and silkair for 2nd interview, there after no replies for em. as for SIA, this is my first time i got thru the 1st interview. im not hoping much, i believe its all abt heng and suay.
ouch.. sorry to hear that. Do you at least have any idea why these 2 companies didn't invite you back for the 3rd interview? Don't lose hope yet babe, who knows, you might be THE one SIA's looking for =) How old are you though, if you don't mind me asking.

ok as for emirates, its very hard to get in, can say pretty strict. and im not prepared to go to dubai! and as for silkair i;ve no idea.im 21 this yr.

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:42 am

hey reena. me too man. im more to plump side. i dont know abt u. im thinking twice man.

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:54 am

Catmeat wrote:

hey reena. me too man. im more to plump side. i dont know abt u. im thinking twice man.
Hey Catmeat, juz go and give it a try... if u dun try, u will never know? I wana try oso cant... :(

rheon

Re: I need help

Post by rheon » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:55 am

reena wrote:hi..i just got an email from singapore airlines attend an interview with them on 2nd July 2005..im not very confident to go for the interview and i was quite surprised when they emailed me..i have scars on my face :shock: thats sad!!but it can be covered by makeup..and plus im not slim either...plump...so now im torn whether to go for the interview and just try my luck or not to go???i speak french and spanish but not so fluent..but i speak great mandarin,english and malay...i need some kind advice on this...thanks a lot
hi reena,
go for it! since u have the chance to be invited to the interview when we are all still waiting for the impt email. ;)

as for plump, dun worry as long as u are not obese. cos i saw stewardesses who are big-boned and some are a bit plump too.

also in one of the previous post here, there is one girl who mentioned that during her 2nd round interview, the interviewer told her that she has passed the 2nd round, and will be invited to come back for the 3rd round, that's the kebaya round. but the interviewer told her that she might get rejected during the kebaya round cos she is a tad too slim, not curvy enough to carry out the kebaya.

and true enough, she was booted out after the kebaya round cos she does not have curves to carry out the kebaya.

so pls dun worry and go for it. wish u good luck! :)

Grace

Post by Grace » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:03 am

Catmeat wrote:

hi Catmeat and Reena,

don't worry abt your weight. i am 160cm and weight 58kg. and i got in, so don't worry. as long as u look proportional and curvy, and most impt, must be able to fit nicely in the kebaya and look nice in it.

since it is a kebaya, u must have the boobs and bums to look nice in it.
womanly curves to bring out the kebaya.

all the best with your interview. :)

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:07 am

Grace wrote:
Catmeat wrote:

hi Catmeat and Reena,

don't worry abt your weight. i am 160cm and weight 58kg. and i got in, so don't worry. as long as u look proportional and curvy, and most impt, must be able to fit nicely in the kebaya and look nice in it.

ok thanks i feel better. can i know what they are really looking for. or its just luck?

mystical

scars

Post by mystical » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:34 am

hi,

anyone here know of stewardesses with visible protruding scars?
care to share how they managed to get in?
is it sheer luck? will the beautician overlook it?
thanks!

|Bluz|

Post by |Bluz| » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 3:20 am

Grace wrote:
Catmeat wrote:

hi Catmeat and Reena,

Whoooo.... i guess that sort of a relief to hear. I am also plumb.. am 171cm weighing in at 66kg. Big bones and the extra weight ain't helping. hahaha... but i received my invitation for an interview on the 2nd July. I am going!! Reena, you should too. At least you have more pros weighed on ur side as you know more foreign languages.. whereas for me, english and chinese. But hey... since we are given a chance, why not!! rite?
Will be my first time to this interview..hope all things turn out right!

So exciting.... :P

rpammi

Post by rpammi » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 7:50 am

hey anyone got reply from jetstar ????

butteredsoup

Re: I need help

Post by butteredsoup » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 8:30 am

not too worry Reena....me plump too ehehee or shld I say "fleshy"....caught surprised much like you! Well I had 2nd tots but hey since they picked us for an interview...y not try and let them decide anyway I was afraid of gettin blklisted for future tries.....by the way I may go with zhu zhu leong...ours at 9.40 and 9.50 respectively.....wanna join?? just go for it

reena wrote:hi..i just got an email from singapore airlines attend an interview with them on 2nd July 2005..im not very confident to go for the interview and i was quite surprised when they emailed me..i have scars on my face :shock: thats sad!!but it can be covered by makeup..and plus im not slim either...plump...so now im torn whether to go for the interview and just try my luck or not to go???i speak french and spanish but not so fluent..but i speak great mandarin,english and malay...i need some kind advice on this...thanks a lot

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 8:40 am

Ex-SGirl wrote:
Hopeless wrote:Hi Ex-SGal,

What hapened to ur skin? Hope it has fully recovered....was it due to the stress in the air? I understand that one will have to pay the bond if u resign before the bond period...so did u pay the bond?
Hi hopeless, my skin problem has fully recovered, nothing serious. It's just warts and nothing to do with the stress or air pressure.... thanks for your concern :-)
BTW, they waive off my bond due to medical reason :lol:
Hi Ex-SGal,
Wow luckily u managed to "escape" from paying the bond! Hehe....
heard the amt is quite alot....
Did u keep in touch with ur batch gals, and check with them the flying life in SQ? :)