Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 2:09 am

10 tries?! don't you get discouraged everytime you get rejected?
anyone, is there any case whereby you've tried more than 20times, and you still couldn't get thru the interviews?

highupinthesky

Post by highupinthesky » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 3:00 am

Gnip wrote:What if I have gone for the Silkair interview? Can I still go for the SIA one?
you can still go for the SIA one. provided you did not get thru the management round for silk air. but if you do get the results before the 21st and you got thru, it will be a risk. cos if SIA finds out, both companies will drop you.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:26 am

wawa2905 wrote:
dannyooi_84 wrote:thanks for the reply wawa2905.

I'm reading this thread from the beginning...now page 360. That time you nick is wawa right? still trying...and now you are stewardess for SIA.

HI dannyooi..

yep u hit the jackpot again! I tried 10 attemtps b4 I finally got in n tat last attempt wasnt even planned or hoping for anytin. When u least expected it, it just came to me by surprise :D
I'm inspired and encouraged! Thanks!!

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:16 am

hey dears, i've a question over here. if let's say i've just finished my exams and getting the dip cert only next year March. and if i passed through all the rounds, will i start training immed?

or will they have to wait till next year when i have to show them the real cert only then i can start the training?

thank you! (:

highupinthesky

Post by highupinthesky » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 2:59 pm

melissa2403 wrote:hey dears, i've a question over here. if let's say i've just finished my exams and getting the dip cert only next year March. and if i passed through all the rounds, will i start training immed?

or will they have to wait till next year when i have to show them the real cert only then i can start the training?

thank you! (:
do you have 5 o level credits?? if so, u will be able to start training immediately =)

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 5:45 pm

highupinthesky wrote:
Gnip wrote:What if I have gone for the Silkair interview? Can I still go for the SIA one?
you can still go for the SIA one. provided you did not get thru the management round for silk air. but if you do get the results before the 21st and you got thru, it will be a risk. cos if SIA finds out, both companies will drop you.

Oh dear! ): I'm really hoping for the SIA interview to go through. How! Do you think I should ask them this coming Fri when I go for my round 2 of Silkair interviews?
Helloo! (:

dagerl

Post by dagerl » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 7:37 pm

Hi, i would like to know their procedures for skin-checking. read from the forum earlier that its kinda Strict, as in they check quite thoroughly. but i have frenz who told me if u able to hide it and not see it when u're wearing kabaya, then its fine. do correct me. anyway, my skin is bad - dry. argh. i guess theres realli no where to hide it unless miracle happens that i heal lol. anybody heard stories of trying to hide and succeed? LOL

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 8:03 pm

dagerl wrote:Hi, i would like to know their procedures for skin-checking. read from the forum earlier that its kinda Strict, as in they check quite thoroughly. but i have frenz who told me if u able to hide it and not see it when u're wearing kabaya, then its fine. do correct me. anyway, my skin is bad - dry. argh. i guess theres realli no where to hide it unless miracle happens that i heal lol. anybody heard stories of trying to hide and succeed? LOL

Gosh, I'm also in a tight one about this! :o

Anyone have idea if they penalize you for errr... Moles? I have quite a few of those, goodness gracious!
Helloo! (:

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Gnip,
There shouldn't be a problem. My friend went for Silkair interview in May and got a contract with Silkair. She accompanied me to SIA interview in June and she went through round 1.

Anyway after the final interview for Silkair, u'll need a few days before they will email to u if u make it then they will arranged for medical check up. After medical check up, you are required to wait a few more days before they confirm you cleared your check up. So all these should take more than a week. Anyway the signing of contract is not immediate.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:27 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Hi Gnip,
There shouldn't be a problem. My friend went for Silkair interview in May and got a contract with Silkair. She accompanied me to SIA interview in June and she went through round 1.

Anyway after the final interview for Silkair, u'll need a few days before they will email to u if u make it then they will arranged for medical check up. After medical check up, you are required to wait a few more days before they confirm you cleared your check up. So all these should take more than a week. Anyway the signing of contract is not immediate.

Thank you Mushroom! Your reply has relieved me of a load! I thought they might cross refer and think I was some traitor! :o

Any idea about the moles though? :P
Helloo! (:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:38 pm

Gnip wrote: Oh dear! ): I'm really hoping for the SIA interview to go through. How! Do you think I should ask them this coming Fri when I go for my round 2 of Silkair interviews?
The work load for both the Airline are very different. Silkair crew does not night stop in any station, thats to say they will just operate turn arounds and will be in Singapore every day. The service on board is not as elaborated as compared to SIA, but you have certain pattern that require you to do 4 sectors a day. Typical working work is like 8-9 hours a day. The salary is alot less too. For SIA crew their flying duties range from turn around (3-12hrs) to 2-10 days pattern. You will spent less time in Singapore but you get paid more. It really depends on what you are looking for, if you need to stay in Singapore more often, Silkair is for you. If salary and overseas stay are your priorities, SIA is for you. The experiences, workload, off days, Pax profile, salary etc that you will get from the two Airline are very different, it will be either Silkair or SIA for most people as the differences between them are very distinct :wink:

I hope you had already had done your homework and know what you want from the the Airline, if you join the one that does not suit to your needs and wants then I am sure you will not stay long there, everyday is going to be a torture.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:43 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Gnip wrote: Oh dear! ): I'm really hoping for the SIA interview to go through. How! Do you think I should ask them this coming Fri when I go for my round 2 of Silkair interviews?
The work load for both the Airline are very different. Silkair crew does not night stop in any station, thats to say they will just operate turn arounds and will be in Singapore every day. The service on board is not as elaborated as compared to SIA, but you have certain pattern that require you to do 4 sectors a day. Typical working work is like 8-9 hours a day. The salary is alot less too. For SIA crew their flying duties range from turn around (3-12hrs) to 2-10 days pattern. You will spent less time in Singapore but you get paid more. It really depends on what you are looking for, if you need to stay in Singapore more often, Silkair is for you. If salary and overseas stay are your priorities, SIA is for you. The experiences, workload, off days, Pax profile, salary etc that you will get from the two Airline are very different, it will be either Silkair or SIA for most people as the differences between them are very distinct :wink:

I hope you had already had done your homework and know what you want from the the Airline, if you join the one that does not suit to your needs and wants then I am sure you will not stay long there, everyday is going to be a torture.

Thank you! I sent you a PM about this matter. :)
Helloo! (:

highupinthesky

Post by highupinthesky » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:33 am

Mushroom wrote:
Hi Gnip,

i was in your shoes once gnip.. i asked many people in SIA and silk air for advises... cos my aunt is working for SIA in the HRdepartment. but its really up to u =) do think twice..

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 2:59 am

highupinthesky wrote: i was in your shoes once gnip.. i asked many people in SIA and silk air for advises... cos my aunt is working for SIA in the HRdepartment. but its really up to u =) do think twice..
Hi highupinthesky, did you manage to become a Flight Stewardess with SQ?

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 8:07 am

Does anyone know if they require you to have nice hands?
Helloo! (: