Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:05 am

garlic wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:hey garlic, can i ask when did you send in your application?
hi yingying2888,

i went through my mgt rd back in July but was KIVed cause i'll only grad in feb 08. next wed i'm going for my review interview. not much idea how it's gonna be conducted though. so excited yet so nervous! hopefully i can pass! good luck to everybody who's going for your interviews soon too!

wow.. wats KIV? and wats the review interview? is it the 6 months ban? where u studyin at?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:06 am

snowss wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:snowss, when did you hand in? i handed in yesterday but becos i'm a msian graduating in feb08 i'm very nervous already!

maximus, congrats for getting into your dream job!
I send in on wed....I put my notice availablity as 2 weeks :?
icic.. i left mine as 24 hours.. hopefully they'll get in touch with me soon.. good luck to u too!!

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:12 am

I just send my application form!

There are people here who are advised to go for the Jan walk in instead of the Dec write in? Oh my.. I'm starting to panic cos 27 Dec is Thursday and I cant just simply ditch my work away :(

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Re: skin

Post by elyn3ve » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:13 am

MirageBomb wrote:
elyn3ve wrote:
hi Mirage Bomb, Cellnique Pro Sebum Gel does work on you? Its kind of exp thou for such a small bottle.

I recently came across this product Neostrata. i think you can browse this product thru www.neoasia.com.sg They have range for blackhead and whitehead. I am workin as promoter at Cosmetic dept. so those beautician used the products and recommended to me.

At first, i tot that i could do more mask by helping me to control the oil turns up more oily but at least my skin is no longer dehydrated.

I have ordered the product from a fren who is working in the company (neostrata). The latest she can pass me is on 27 or 28 Dec. After I try, I will let you know more about it. By the way, for oily and acne prone skin, she recommend me 1, clarifying cleanser, oily skin solution and oil control gel. U can find those 3 product at the website. and most weekly mask, can u use GEL plus. By the way, the product only can get from clinic. its doctor products.

Eve
Yeah a lil pricey but works for me, along with my regular beauty regimen.. I'm still open to new products except cleansers/toners so.. lemme know! :D Thanks.

so your concern is the whitehead and blackhead right? ur skin type is belong to dehydrated skin + excess sebum, right? i'll let you know after i try the neostrata set. my blackhead is quite serious... esp my nose because my pores are big enough to suck dust. hihih....

I heard quite a number of ppl use the neostrata recommend that it works esp the oil gland. but never of them mention about blackhead and whitehead cos they don use "oily skin solution" only clarifying cleanser and gel plus(act as a moisturizer)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:14 am

I have told myself tat i would not put too much hope into it....

Coze I have always believed tat: If something is meant to be urs...it will be urs one day, even if u throw it away it will come back to u eventually.
If it wasn't meant to be, no matter how u keep it...one day it will be gone..

SO>>whether if I'll get it...fate decides. But nonetheless, i'll still try for it :)

garlic

Post by garlic » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:35 am

yingying2888 wrote:
garlic wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:hey garlic, can i ask when did you send in your application?
hi yingying2888,

i went through my mgt rd back in July but was KIVed cause i'll only grad in feb 08. next wed i'm going for my review interview. not much idea how it's gonna be conducted though. so excited yet so nervous! hopefully i can pass! good luck to everybody who's going for your interviews soon too!

wow.. wats KIV? and wats the review interview? is it the 6 months ban? where u studyin at?
KIV is Keep In View. means they din't reject but never accept me either. just told me that they'll contact me for a review interview nearer to my graduation. heard fr some that a review is pretty much like the mgt interview. so nervous..
i'm studying at NP. :D

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 1:42 am

ben-yng wrote:
starrynitezz wrote:
ben-yng wrote: if..i guess..if ur teeth is isnt that xxx.. they will still considering ur level of "confident", and the way you present urself.. these are always the main thing they are looking for.. (correct me if i were wrong and forgive me if m out of the point)..

gd luck and all the best.
well, her stares did get me worried n thus my confidence level went down... hee... i admit la.. :P
hope u perform better next week..

any idea / suggestion for rainchocolate??

ur fren havent back yet??
hehe.. thats 2years ago leh..now (my teeth is) not that bad already :D

ur refering to her skin arh? i dunno eh, cos i myself dun have any skincare routine to follow... dam lazy lah.. sometimes don even cleanse face properly..slp with makeup etc.. n i also believe in sleeping early~ try to zzz before 11pm, drink Tense up Ex n Brands Chicken Essence.. ex, but i drink it every 2 weeks ba :lol:
but if i join SIA as cabin crew, dont think can slp early right... so may spend more $$ on this..

ha.. stewardess are all very busy ppl.. i hardly get to meet up with my fren.. i can say we only meet up in every 4 months or so.. n i think its not so nice of me to just ask her where she took e lessons last time right... :o c how la, her lifestyle n mine is different also.. she club regularly whereas i dont..
Last edited by starrynitezz on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 2:20 am

I submitted my app form on fri early morning 1am but still no email reply from them. =( I wrote my availability as 2 weeks somemore. U think all slots r taken already? i shld have sent it earlier. Hope they still have a slot for me on 27 Dec 2pm. I wana end the yr well wif a new yr gift since no more xmas present...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 4:15 am

hey people, anybody got the slot for interviews on 27th dec? and as mentioned by some who were advised to go for walk-in in jan instead, do you know when's the date for that? thanks in advance :)

and congrats, venie! really happy for you! was told by other older members of the forum. your perseverance paid off! :D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 6:43 am

crew life....can be fun :P yet fustrating at times... :???:

ChLoeGer

Re: Hello...

Post by ChLoeGer » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 7:44 am

Maximus_miranda wrote:Sorry, forgot to add something ah....

For those who have attended the medical weeks or months back and not received any calls yet, fret not. No news from medical means good news. Some of my friends got the call 3 days later after medical and I got it only 2 weeks later. Why? It's all about your availability my dears! Those who got the call earlier can start immediately. I can only commence in Feb, hence, the delay. Come on, must give them a break ah. SIA employees are also human. They're definitely very systematic in terms of splitting everyone into groups to train. Be patient ok? Alamak, holiday somemore can! Hehe!

Nitez!

Maximus
Congrats!!! it's definitely the greatest xmas gift u could ever receive frm SIA?

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 8:34 am

yingying2888 wrote:i'm still desperately checking my mail.. hmm... and i didnt put a nicely make up picture for the passport size pic.. will they reject me after seeing all my freckles?

Girl freckles is okie...as long as it can be covered with foundation... but dont put to thick la....less is more...i have freckles too...and i managed to pass the skin check the last time...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:15 am

rainschocolate wrote:i'm bored, nervous and scared.

i'm supposed to be doing my attachment final report of 4000 words but i haven even started.

its due today.

hahaha. i've totally no mood to do it. bleahs

have any idea whether they will be stricter on 2712 as compared to the walk-ins?
oh gurl oh gurl..u have to manage urself well my dear..

secured a job b4 graduate is what a "great"!!. But..what u shd do is the project, do not affect ur study bcoz of this interview..

u shd gve highest priority for ur study but second for the interview..

calm down calm down..easy easy..dun stress urself so much..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:28 am

rainschocolate wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:i'm bored, nervous and scared.

i'm supposed to be doing my attachment final report of 4000 words but i haven even started.

its due today.

hahaha. i've totally no mood to do it. bleahs

have any idea whether they will be stricter on 2712 as compared to the walk-ins?
Dearie, prioritise your things. The interview is still days away but your report deadline is today! You still need this report to graduate you know hehe. Just for today, don't think about the interview stuffs, come back tomorrow to find out. The posts will still be around tmr. ;)
lol. alright. but i think i will do my report erm. tomoro. hahaha
next monday den submit. =\
tonight got Zhu Meng i wanna watch hahaha.
xanngac how old r u?
zhu men again? why everygurl admire this korean thingy?~~ project first la u/.yooh :x

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:41 am

salvana wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
Acorna wrote:peeps, i think the next walk in interview will be on 27th jan 2008. I just receive an email from SIA to attend that.

so gear yourselves up for this nx interview peeps =)
guys!! u hear that??!! Is 27th Jan!!! omg not much time left.. come on engine on!! Those who waiting for my horse power..row row and row dun stop ya..
duncha worry ben-yng,

I'll DEFINITELY keep rowing!!! ROW~~~ ROW~~~ and ROW~~~~
wahahahah... now i do sounds like a psycho huh?
oh well...who cares.... :)
this gurl..match me well~~so coordinate..so entertaining..take all my nonsense..oh well..who cares??

i gotto work hard to overcome my stupid weakness le..