Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 6:53 pm

CrazyBerry wrote:Hi pho87...

Im new to this forum and I really really need your help here. First and foremost, congratulations!!! I am supposed to be starting training soon as well but I just got a call asking me to go for another medical checkup as my scoliosis is showing. And i have to fork out money from my own pocket. So what is the 2nd medical check up like? And how bad is bad? Was yours protruding out? And what is the cobb angle to pass? I desperately need your help in this. And it would be really kind of you to actually advise me on how severe your problem was because I can roughly gauge for myself if i should or should not go for the 2nd medical checkup. Coz i dont wanna end up paying and still fail the medical checkup. Thank you!!!

Best Wishes!
Hey girl, many of us also had to go for this 2nd medical. Basically you pay $160 to the radiology clinic at Mt E.. and they take a 2nd xray of your spine to measure the cobb's angle, but you will not know the results because they send it str back to SIA, who will call u to notify you if you passed your medical or not.

From what I know , the acceptable degree is below 20, but i have also heard of people who failed even though their degree is less than that. But i suggest you go for it, you're already so close, it'll be a pity if you just give up now and don't go for your medical.

Im still waiting for my results as well...

pho87

Post by pho87 » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 6:53 pm

hi crazyberry,

i think you should take a gamble and go for this 2nd xray. from what i've gathered in forums, the cobb's angle has to be less than 20 degrees. i don't know how many degrees my scoli is, as the result is confidential to sia.

when you make payment, clinic makes you sign a statement saying that you are NOT entitled to know the xray results despite having paid for it. i tried to find my way around this, calling up the clinic to ask for my result but they won't give. they're tied to the confidentiality agreement with sia.

i haven't previously measured the degree of my cobb's angle. so that's why i was sooo anxious abt whether i could clear my medical or not. there's nthg protuding in my case, just my right hip a little more indented (curved in) than the other.

just go for the medical ! you'll never know ! i wish you the best of luck ! i know how tiresome it is to be so miserable because there's the possibility that you might not get into sia after all those rounds of hard work. but there's the other possibility of making it through. so just try ! (with a touch of realism of course; the result could be either way).

roaringqueen

Post by roaringqueen » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 7:29 pm

MrNewman wrote:
roaringqueen wrote:
MrNewman wrote: I may not be a girl, but i'm definitely the youngest from the Jan walk in that got through. HAHAH
how old are you?
HAHA 21 this year
i'm 19 :D

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 8:41 pm

omg!! so far sia doing recruitment again!!!!!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 8:44 pm

hey. im 19 too. i went fot the january interview. now they are doing recruitment massively in singapore,malaysia,china and japan.. who is coming to the penang recruitment???!!!!!!!!!

CrazyBerry

Post by CrazyBerry » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 8:58 pm

Hi once again...

Chamiine, ur still waiting for your results? From what I read, I thought you have already cleared everything and just waiting for your training to start. In any case, all the best!

And for the 2nd X-Ray, I have to go down to Mount E? Not to Paragon, where I had my 1st check up done? This is really straining me out mentally. :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 9:16 pm

eunicelee wrote:omg!! so far sia doing recruitment again!!!!!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp
Perhaps not surprising; story is the world is moving out of recession including the UK (as of today according the BBC - we had to be the last) . :roll: Take care of yourselves and if you get accepted keep yourselves in good order. That recession is unlikely to be the last.................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... -just.html

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 9:50 pm

CrazyBerry wrote:Hi once again...

Chamiine, ur still waiting for your results? From what I read, I thought you have already cleared everything and just waiting for your training to start. In any case, all the best!

And for the 2nd X-Ray, I have to go down to Mount E? Not to Paragon, where I had my 1st check up done? This is really straining me out mentally. :(
Yeah still waiting for that call.. haha stressful huh. How come ur xray so long still havent take? Yeah its at Mt E, but that's just behind paragon.. 5 mins walk. haha.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 9:55 pm

am so glad they're recruiting again! going to really prepare myself for this interview! don't wanna fail it again!
haha i check the SIA website everyday to see if they update the site with new walk-in info. FINALLY!

derenla

Post by derenla » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:22 pm

hey pho87, people, i just went for x-ray for my scoliosis. i gues its quite bad, though the doc said it's mild. one look its a very obvious "S" shape. im so exciting and looking forward to the interview in march but now im quite affected by the x-ray results. :(

pho87

Post by pho87 » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:36 pm

CrazyBerry wrote:And for the 2nd X-Ray, I have to go down to Mount E? Not to Paragon, where I had my 1st check up done? This is really straining me out mentally. :(
you will have to go back to the paragon clinic. $160 payment will be made there. then they will direct you to mount e, which is just behind paragon.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:43 pm

Hello! I went for the Jan walk-in. I failed at Round 3 which is the kebaya and skin ckeck. a year back, when skin and kebaya was in Round 2, I passed it. So to be very honest, I don't quite know what they are looking for. Well, I do think I need to be putting on some weight though! :D
Helloo! (:

ping87

Post by ping87 » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:44 pm

Hi

Can I just ask if stewardess can study at the same time? for example, maybe the sch days are only 2-3 consecutive days and the rest of the days flying up there?

TIA!

pho87

Post by pho87 » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:45 pm

charmaiin, is it possible that your medical is cleared, but they're not calling you up yet because of your longer notice period. cuz if your med isn't cleared they'd have sent you the rejection letter by now like your other grpmates, right? :)

also, how did your friends know their med was rejected even though their cobb's angle was under 20, did they check their degree on their own?

derenla, how many degrees is your cobb's angle? if it's small then there's no need to worry. :)

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:46 pm

hey derenla, how much did you pay for the X ray?
and did the doctor tell you the degree of the cobb's angle?